Home

the asses change their name

arguile

ok...haha...were the ass. yeah i guess some members are unsatisfied with our name...well since we are limited in what we can talk about right now, this is a good opportunity to come up with the real name of our PA.

uhhhh...well i intended this thread to be a place for ppl to post as they come up with names, and i feel obligated to come up with one right now. so...my first suggestion will be...

>drum roll<

the CFIT

...or Coalition for Intergalaltic Trade.

and we will do things as we "C" fit...hahahahah

>laughs at own pun for twenty minutes...until MikeC ends the rant with a jab to the stomach<

Here are some names

Secret Network Associated Players (SNAP)

The Illuminadi

The Brotherhood of Corellia

The Guild of Free Enterprise (GFE)

Global Underground (not original but hey - it works right:D ) - with a name like that, people will flock to it!

Kwok

:biggs:

With this new profession, Image Designer, I would say yes.

And I seem to remember you have the option of 'clothing' your character from the character creation screen, but I could be wrong.

Exactly how detailed this profession is, I don't know (if it's down to the name tag of the designer, that'd been cool :) "What dress it is?" "It's a Gavor." "Oooh, those are expensive. :eek: ).

:D

How about a Coat-of-Arms? You know, a patch like the Empire, Rebels and the Hutts use?

yeah...those names are too stuffy. we need a looser one that doesnt sound so official. im not too creative when it comes to stuff like this, but im glad to see that someones trying.

as for that clothing thing...im like 95% sure that i read that a clothes designer can dye your clothes for you.

Remembered something else too.

If we go with Association, we'll be known as Ass (you all know this, but this isn't my point. Keep reading :) ). But there's already an A.S.S. organization, atleast over at the main forums, the Anti Spame Squad!. lol Don't want to be associated with those. hehe :D

How about Corellian Free Traders? CFT?

Well, it has to be a name that fits in the star wars universe. And it does have to have something 'unique' to it, not just a collection of nice looking words. We could perhaps name our PA to a well known creature, or some big event or whatever, something that will stick.

Because when I hear Galactic conglomorate of trades, correlian merchant guild, combined shipping federation, etc. I think...noooo, not another one!

I was thinking in sort of this direction:

Banshee Eye conglomarate (sp)

Spacehaulers of the Boiling Sea

These are not devinite names, just something to make you guys consider the alternatives.

Got this info from theforce.net:

(Banshee Bird

native to Corellia, this avian was known for its high-pitched scream. )

( Boiling Sea

a tourist attraction on the planet Drall in the Corellian System. Many speculate that the sea is a temporary geological formation that will disappear in a few hundred generations. In summer, the ground surrounding the small, landlocked lake become hot enough to boil off the accumulated water. Rains and winter snows replentish the sea. (AC, AS) )

hmmm.....Legion does sound good....I don't like the idea of throwing "Trade" into the title as not everyone will have to do with trade and we don't want this to get secular. Legion also does have a better ring then the associates....you all decide though, as you all are the people being represented by this title. I agree with Kwok, Legion is a good name. At the same time, The Associates still sin't abd as long as we don't get a gay nick name.

Asso's? lol

i dont like to be called names. :D

Asso's is a Dutch word for lack of education.. or manners (sp?)

lets just say... very rude :D

i think we need new Abbreviation aswel.

ok.. the name isL Associates

hmmm ACT?

Asiates? :D

AST's?

well... dont know

-Wraith 8-

Nooo, no abbrevations! Like: ''hey man, I'm Zendjir, I'm the CO of the AST, the AST is a member of the GTC. We are currently at war with TGE, however we do not agree fully with TRA either''

Does that sound dull and confusing to you? That's what abbrevations do. ONLY use abbrevations when everyone knows our clan/group whatever. or else we will just be another abbrevation in the sea of SWG abbrevations. SWG for example is a well known abb. it's an example of proper usage of abb. (didnt feel like typing abbrevation all the time :) ).

Twok's suggestion of legion indicates that we are moving in the right direction, however ''Legion'' indicates something militaristic, and we not a militairy organisation. I think the name should show something about what we ''do' as a PA, 'trade' 'constructing' 'mining' or whatever.

I have no good ideas at the moment though. :(

Originally posted by Wraith 8

Asso's? lol

i dont like to be called names. :D

Asso's is a Dutch word for lack of education.. or manners (sp?)

lets just say... very rude :D

i think we need new Abbreviation aswel.

ok.. the name isL Associates

hmmm ACT?

Asiates? :D

AST's?

well... dont know

-Wraith 8-

I see. And how was this better again, Ascari? :D:p;)

... however ''Legion'' indicates something militaristic, and we not a military organisation.

And I second that. We are not a military unite or militant at all. Atleast that's what I thought. :)

Archived