Home

Is this all that Outcast is?

Swordchild

The first four times i log on a MP server, its me and 16-8 people, FFA. i pop up and the second my blue buble goes away bam rocket got me. ok i get it. I'm running around, i hit a person with a light saber and he took it. he then turns around and kills me, 1 hit, repeat, about 50 times. of the 16 people on the server maybe 4 weren't backstabing me.

ok switch servers, me and 7 other people. blah blah, 4 backstabbers, 2 guys who keep jumping at me and killing me with one hit. and one guy who was really skilled and whipping all their butts left and right with rockets and pulls and pushes. i forcepushed one person off a bridge, woot one kill me. still kinda cheap but i got one. i must have gotten killed 50+times in 25 minutes:( i got good reflexes, i kick serious butt in single player, Read the guides and strategy.

next server i'm walking around, me and like 18 i think. sudden'y a guy pops up infront of me(mind trick) Backstabs me:/ ok i'll keep "seeing" on. i see him hit him with my saber, he turns around and back sweeps me. all night, everytime i see him. pull backsweep, backstab, mindtrick & backstab. i would love to think that its just one powergamer, but it seems the other 16 people asides from me and him are doing the same thing!

i really like this game, the mechanics seem good and for gods sake its STARWARS!

but some of the tactics are just awful. and i'm wondering"is this really what this game is?" i had one fight where me and this other guy were in the trash dump on the death star and for 3 minutes we were bouncing off the walls, kicking eachother, he attacks i parry, i attack he parries. he grips i push. i pull he pushes. was that the point of Outcast? wallow through the hours of people backstabbing to have 3 minutes that rocked?

Is that what this game is? What am i not getting?

Swordchild

:dsaber:

I play on Farslayers Server, one because I played his server constantly on Red Faction and two because it's decent there. If theres a pull+backsweeper or other stupid combos we all vote and they're kicked. You need some custom maps but you'll be okay and its good fun. Look for me as Violator -X-

Yeah it depends on the server you join. Don't get me wrong, you'll never escape the people who bitch the cheap moves because people are *******s and you can't escape em. But you can have some damn good fun on here if you find a decent server with some rules enforced on it.

Oh yes, backstabing. One of the most abused moves in the game, also known as "Ass fighting". Have had to adjust to it, but found that many of these type of people are quite skill less. I don't plat a whole lot of ffa, but when I do I use what I call the Blade style. Sabers are great but if someone is trying to backstab me a sniper rifel or missile launcher does the job quite nicely. "Once you understand the nature of a thing, you understand what it's capable of!!" Blade...:deathii:

Team Based mods always give me a better experience simply because there are goals to accomplish & a good team has to be coordinated enough to achieve it. Don't worry about bieng the weak guy on the team. Keep practicing.. you have no place to go but up. :)

As of right now, I only play duel, simply because ffa attracts immature players like flies to a dead rat. Apparently people do not have the self control to not abuse a flawed move in the game (backstab).

When i'm duelling a nice guy who doesn't spam a move, I have respect for him, real respect. But the second I see a hardcore backstabber, my respect for that player plummets. Maybe it's just me, but i think people realize that 6 other people are watching him spamming a move in duel. Not so in ffa, where it's "anything goes". But in duel, a person knows when he won in a cheap way and everyone on the server saw him do it. Well, that's my utopian fantasy at least: That people can feel guilty of abusing something so blatantly.

BTW, if a person continually backstabs me and everyone else, i simply ask him if he has the skills to kill without his vaunted "move". If he says "no", or begs for his backstab, I just laugh at the screen and his pathetic response. If he says "yes", I ask him to show me, and then the real, fun fight begins.

[/rant]

Stay far away from ffa games for now people, it's hell out there.

All FFA servers aren't this bad.

I host one and certain rules are enforced. I've also enlisted the help of two other players and have given them admin rights to manage the "lameness" when I'm not on (looking for more too). This makes for some GREAT FFA games.

A lot of people get pissed off when they come in expecting to be able to pull backstab/backswing the whole time and I have to warn them or kick them, but in the long run it works out better for the majority of players.

Some of the players that attempt this and are then told not to actually DO calm down and play by the rules and they must have fun doing it otherwise they would leave.

Since there are problems with the game and the next patch is probably a long way off, it's up to the people that play the game to make it more enjoyable.

I don't have a clue what goes on when an admin isn't on, but at least the gankers are moderated when there are.

I always make sure I play servers with voting on, so if a guy spams a move he can be kicked (works in duel). I usually take a passive role: if ppl on a server spam a move, I tell them they are worthless no-skill losers (its a bind) and leave. i can find a server with respectable poeple within 10 minutes.

Archived