Home

SP_worldspawn: The first entity isn’t worldspawn.

alienprotein

I was working on my map, and had compiled it several times, with no hitches. Was able to load up map with no problems. But, now all of a sudden I get this error "SP_worldspawn: The first entity isn’t worldspawn." when loading up my freshly compiled map.

I looked and my map is set to Multiplayer. So I am unsure what is causing this. Anyone have this error, and knows how to fix it??

Also. I may be missing something. I have been trying to figure where to locate the Caulk. Would it be a texture?

Make a backup of your MAP file and then open it in Notepad. See if it starts like this:

// entity 0

{

"classname" "worldspawn"

// brush 0

{

It's probably got messed up and missing {.

Caulk = system/caulk

Well I mean, he likely has an //entity 500 as worldspawn somewhere... I would switch the content of that entity (worldspawn) with the content of entity 0 (what should be worldspawn).

That was you won't have two worldspawns and won't lose that light. :)

Oh yeah, I didn't even think about that...

The only way I've ever seen that to happen is if you highlight nothing, press n, scroll down to worldspawn and then with that open, added a light entity.

For some reason, that screwed with my Radiant. :) Or something like that anyway hehe.

Yeah I had fixed it. I didn’t get a chance to reply, due to the forum downtime.

I did fix it. I just replaced

// entity 0

{

"light" "300"

"spawnflags" "1"

// brush 0

{

WITH

// entity 0

{

"classname" "worldspawn"

// brush 0

Works like a charm. I was about to get pissed. When I opened the file in Radiant, there was nothing. Just a bunch of nothing. After changing that it all came back. My poor poor mouse took the worst of my frustration. But it is working fine now. Thanks for the idea about making a backup. Got 2 just incase :p

Thanks for the help guys

• 1 year later...

I have a similar problem to this, the only difference, is that when I open the map up in notepad, there is no part that says entity 0. I tried adding in "classname" "worldspawn" anyway, but then the file size appears to go down and then when I compile and open it in JK2, it gives me an error, "Map has no nodes".

Basically, the first lines look like this:

{

// brush 0

{

then it goes right into the code. No entity 0 and worldspawn is under entity 23. I'm stumped... It worked every time before. Then I added to the map to finish off a section of it and it started doing this..

• 8 years later...
Yeah I had fixed it. I didn’t get a chance to reply, due to the forum downtime.

I did fix it. I just replaced

// entity 0

{

"light" "300"

"spawnflags" "1"

// brush 0

{

WITH

// entity 0

{

"classname" "worldspawn"

// brush 0

Works like a charm. I was about to get pissed. When I opened the file in Radiant, there was nothing. Just a bunch of nothing. After changing that it all came back. My poor poor mouse took the worst of my frustration. But it is working fine now. Thanks for the idea about making a backup. Got 2 just incase :p

Thanks for the help guys

Man where did you repalce that and how? need help for this please!

Archived