Home

Clone trooper strats?

WarteX

The game havent been released here yet :( and Im curious about the clone troopers. Ive heard that they're good in l8 games, is there any good strategies if u want to mainly use clone troopers in ur army, wots good for support ,micromanagement etc....?

I've got CC and played it for about three or so days now. I've played the Republic a fair bit in skirmishes with the computer. The troopers pop out like Pez once one researches all technologies that increase production speed. I am a cautious player and so I'm not focused on building a lot of troopers and send them to thier deaths untill I wear down the enemy, but one could do this. The medics' speed and heal speed increas allow the troopers to stay alive much longer. For instance, I attack a fortification (no other enemies around) with a formation of 35 repeater troopers and 5 medics, I lose anywhere from 0 to 4 troopers depending on the researched technologies of the enemy. Tight line formations are great when facing anything but area damage units (except the grenadiers, they aren't good against troopers). Watch your formations though, because if the enemy has an air cruiser and fires at the center of a 40 unit line formation of medics and troopers, the entire formation could disappear.

That's all for now, got things to do. Hope I helped.

Masses of clone troopers is an excellent GR strategy. They pop out like Chinese Red Army soldiers once you get the cloners upgrade and are really strong. A huge mass of them, plus a 4:1 ratio of troopers to medics (fully upgraded of course) with some of the GR's sweet fighter (regular fighter plus jedi starfighter) support can wreak havoc... Plus you can replace your troopers as quickly as you can get them to the battlefield.

*hint: One of the upgrades at the power station increases the speed with which structures produce units... this only increases the rate at which you can pop out clone troopers.

Hope I helped... Thanks for Playing... Peace Out

Takes a bit more managing then just pumping them out en masse. I know one of the other players here did that and lost his entire army (and a ton of resources as a result) to a couple air cruisers. Like Nelapsi said, keep them covered with air and toss in a goodly number of upgraded medics to keep them healthy. And by all means, if you see an air cruiser, masses of assault mechs, or a swarm of HHDs, switch to staggered or flank and use tactical retreats until you know you have the advantage.

Kryllith

• 3 years later...

Archived