Home

How are we going to govern ourselves?

Kyren Valinor

Hmm.. this far, the directions I've seen is that we won't propably govern ourselves that much, since we are more a community than a PA. However, when or if we build ourselves a town, we'll propably have some sort of government there, propably an elected city council. But I do NOT think that that council should be considered a government over the Associates, simply that it's powers are restricted to the town.

Simply put, I don't think many people are joining the Associates to be told what to do. Especially since we will have supporters for every side in the conflict.

I agree with sestuko, the government should give global guidelines and govern the town.

And I think we should have 1 leader who will decide upon small matters, and a counsil that will decide upon big issues. And the really big issues should be resolved by the members, by voting.

I agree with Zendjir. A democratic approach to the larger decisions for the PA is a must, that way everyone feels like a part of the machine:D I am a little worried about this though, "we will have supporters for every side in the conflict".

Shouldn't our first priority be to do whats best for us, the Associates. Protecting our own interests will be the key to the survival of our P.A. Longer term, we may even find that it could be beneficial to our needs to align with a faction, who knows?:(

Originally posted by greg g

wait wait wait....are we talking about the town or Pa..and what situations would need "governing"?

We are talking about both. The town would need governing, more or less so depending on what we will be able to decide, and how much the game will take care of. The PA would need governing in such areas as who to let in, who to cooperate with, and who to fight. Things like that. Major things.

Archived