Home

Heal + Lightning?

torowa-sdg

Hi all. Last night I was trying to get a server working (don't ask) and tried many things.

Finally got it working, though I had pure server turned off.

Watched someone in a duel first attack his opponent with lightning, then he ran off, and force healed.

As far as I know, this combination of powers is not possible in Outcast (though it was in JK). Am I wrong and is there a way to combine light and dark, or was this a cheat?

Originally posted by =SSC=Kal-El

Yeah, script ****ers. People who know how to do it just bind their keys to change the force sides in game, and just use them when any opportunity suits them.

So can this be stopped with pure server? It was unfortunate, the guy was actually a good player.

No, thats the point. People who don't know how to do that with scripts can't do it. And many people don't know it. However as much as I pity someone else (because other people are vulnrable on some areas and weaker), if he is using the dark side, he is doing me a favor, and if he is using the light side then it is a pretty much fair fight.

Nice to see people just jumping to conclusions. The guy most likely used a Bacta Tank. It makes a sound (when used) that is almost if not the same sound as force heal.

And furthermore, to do any significant damage with lightning your going to need to use a lot of force, or at least over half. Unless he was running for more than a good 10+ seconds or so, he wouldn't of had enough force anyway.

And people that run servers, please don't get paranoid about pure server. It doesn't stop .cfg files from running anyway, which are where scripts usually are run from. Pure server just doesn't allow people that like to customize their game experience by being a different model. I wish more servers checked in the advanced tab and turned pure server off before they make the server.

Originally posted by Emon

That's not Force Heal, it's bacta. It's quite misleading, Raven should use the JK1 bacta sound instead.

It would be bacta...except:

(1) Duel game

(2) No bacta on this map

(3) I was in spectator mode and watched as his force built up to just over half, then depleted and his health went up by 25, wash, rinse, repeat a second time.

(4) Bacta heals 100, not 25 points of damage, and you can only carry one.

So, it's clearly not bacta folks. But thanks for the ideas. =P

Archived