Home

Mapping for RS..

Gonkish

If/when you guys need some help with maps... I'd love to see what could be done with this... The only real problem is I'd probably have to get a feel for how the mod plays before I start mapping for it, so basically I'm begging to be a beta tester.. ;) Few of my maps just for reference:

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2017.shtml

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2071.shtml

Another one in the works currently.. yavin texture set, FFA.. screens here and here. </pimp mode>

I am so looking forward to this! KEEP US UPDATED! :)

actually the fire in JO isn't a shader it's an effect, like blaster fire and whatnot. It's kind of a double-edged sword, really.. It looks nice and all, but if you use too much of it the engine starts to choke and then ALL effects (blaster fire, etc.) basically "flicker" on and off.. looks horrible.. I'm probably going to lift the flame shaders out of something like RtCW just to save the other effects..

As for how to implement flame: place an fx_runner entity on the map, and put in a value from this page. And that entity will play that effect in a loop.

Elevators.. hmm.. they're fun.. ;) anyways.. there are a lot of good tutorials out there.. try Bubba's and Q3Workshop. They're specific to Q3, but they apply to JO (and every other Q3 engine shooter)

Gonkish,

Sure, we would be interested in help from anyone skilled. Your screenshots looks quite good so why don't you send Roger a mail and the pictures included and you'll be added to the list of possible candidates ;).

I would like the team to be full of skilled persons before I leave the mod. I'm outta here the 24th of june, so I want everything to work...

/Best Regards- Jim, Modleader & Modeler at Rebel Strike Crew.

Archived