Home

Using the mousewheel in MotS...

Guest Soul-Dazzle

Guest Soul-Dazzle

how do I use my mousewheel to scroll through force powers in mots?

------------------

ninjas.gif

Feel tha FUNK BLAST!

AKA : Cocobandito

Guest Garindan

hey, i never thought of that. But i don't think it's possible, 'cause there is no mouseweel option for you to select. there is a middle mouse button option, so just have that selected and add next force power to that, or you could use the right mouse button for the next force power, i wish i oculd help with the mousewheel.

Somebody posted previously on this question, saying you could use the external setup utility for your mouse to setup the extra buttons to do stuff (not inside JK/MotS). I haven't actually tried it myself, though I now have a five button optical, but I should one of these days.

Because the way it works by default is that MotS/JK will recognize three mouse buttons, plus the mousewheel, HOWEVER, the mousewheel itself can only have a few functions assigned to it (like movement and freelook) as opposed to any function (which would have made it very useful like for cycling through weapons or powers).

So try the external setup utility for your mouse and perhaps that will solve the problem.

Kurgan

I know each time I use the mouse and hit it my view goes all funky...

Here's what LucasArts' Support page says:

How to Configure the Microsoft Intellipoint Mouse

If you have a Microsoft Intellipoint mouse (the one with the wheel), you may need to open up the Mouse Control Panel so that the Intellipoint Mouse icon appears in the system tray (next to the clock on the taskbar) before playing Mysteries of the Sith to make sure that the wheel functions as a 3rd mouse button and axis in the game.

To change the mouse settings do this:

1. In the game press the <Esc> key on the keyboard

2. Click on Setup

3. Click on Controls

4. Click on Mouse

5. Double-click on what option you want to change

6. Select the action

7. Click on OK and return to the game

I hope this helps... Now if I could only get my pointer to appear in MotS...

------------------

Master of Puppets, I'm pulling your strings

Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams...

• 5 years later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived