Home

Dedicated server

Guest Tonton Vader

Guest oninosensi

????????????????????????????????????????????

Why would you not want to play?

but if ya want to be an accessable host 24/7/365 then by all means figure out how

------------------

"I see", said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scepter

I think having a dedicated server would be great. That would mean anyone who wants to play, could play because there will be a constant game. You could make a server that acts like a typical host. Then, you can leave the server and log on to it on another computer. That would be neat to have the server rotate through levels 24/7.

------------------

Jedi Master Scepter

or previously known as Mantis

Yeah, you can launch a "fake" dedicated server, ie: with a fast host, just setup a game to rotate based on score limit + time limit (a good example is every 50 minutes/50 frags). Then post the IP on the IP boards and perhaps let folks on the Zone/GameSpyArcade know about it.

Then keep it up as long as you can. I would suggest checking on it every so often with Kicker Helper to make sure nobody is "hacking" the game up. The DKB clan was running (or maybe still running) a very good "Dedicated" MotS server (which began many months ago).

JK is based on a peer-to-peer network model and is not client/server, so a "true" DS is not really possible without reworking parts of the netcode. LEC recieved a petition about it from the fans but said it was too much work for them.

Kurgan

Archived