Home

Comment & a tech question...

Guest iamroman

Guest iamroman

I dug out my old copy of JK a few days ago and just picked up MOTS today... And I'm suprised and pleased to see there's still a JK community going.

Anyways... I am having a problem on MOTS: When I started a game, the cutscene was NOT 3d accelerated, but ran in software mode. The GAME was accelerated and ran fine (on my Voodoo3, WinME, Athlon 650), but the cutscene ran in software mode even after exiting and restarting MOTS. Anyone know if there's a fix for this, or a link to a FAQ that can answer me (the LucasArts FAQ says nothing about this). I'd appreciate any help...

Guest Boba Rhett

Those cutscenes fool many people. The reason it looks that way is because it is prerecorded. It's not being generated ingame. :)

Guest iamroman

Well, THAT sucks. That actually crossed my mind when I saw the CD light blinking, but I figured it was just playing music or something. I guess in-game scripting was beyond their programming skills in 1997... Couldn't they at least have made the videos in a higher res?

Guest Boba Rhett

It wasn't beyond the're capability back then. In fact, doing it in game is rather easy. They did it this way because many computers back then weren't powerful enough to run ingame cutscenes correctly. I'm not sure why they didn't do them in hi res....

Guest Boba Rhett

MotS only takes up about 387mb of it's cd. And size wouldn't even matter because the video would have still been the same size. :)

Archived