Home

Is this computer good enough to run Obi-Wan?

Guest Qui-Gon Jinn

Of course I'm serious. Obi-Wan is actually not even being designed to run on x86 Windows-based systems. It will require at least a 667 MHz DEC Alpha 21264 with 512 MB of RAM running on UNIX to get any kind of decent framerate. Dual or quad CPU's preferred.

Guest Qui-Gon Jinn

Then Obi-Wan will not make ANYmoney at all. Oh by the way, someone else just told me to punch you for telling me a non-true, non-sense fact. Visit http://205.229.72.73/html/Forum1/HTML/003670.html and see for yourself.

------------------

http://www.JediKnight.8k.com

"Be Mindful of the Living Force." - Qui-Gon Jinn

[This message has been edited by Qui-Gon Jinn (edited February 27, 2000).]

Guest LDB_Leeman

Qui-gon - Argath is joking.

He merely played along with his story because the machine specs you quoted are sufficient enough to be running Quake 3 Arena, Unreal Tournament, and Obi-Wan at the same time. A PIII 800mHz is sufficient enough for you! smile.gif

(no offense, but you seemed to be extremely confused).

------------------

www.thereckoning.co.uk - My Personal Starcruiser.

Guest Darth Kurgan

Of course Argath was joking, in reality, only supercomputers can run ObiWan. It will be at least five years before any consumer pc will be able to handle the sheer power it takes to run.

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Darth Kurgan (edited February 27, 2000).]

Qui-Gon:

Does that GeForce Card have DDR RAM? If it doesn't, I'd get one that does - it gives a boost to performance.

Also, it occurs to me that the Athlon 850Mhz chip was released this month, which is faster than the Pentium III 800Mhz. Even if you don't want an Athlon machine, Intel are sure to respond quite soon and bring out an even better chip.

Personally, I'm holding off a little while myself from buying any new computer. Although I have a lowly Pentium 200Mhz with a Voodoo 1 card, most of the games I have will run at an acceptable frame rate - including Unreal Tournament and Wheel of Time. So I haven't got the highest texture settings, and not everything is switched on, but for now it will suffice until my dream machine becomes available.

Intel and AMD are supposedly going to release 1Ghz+ processors in the third quarter of this year - but judging by last year, I think they'll bring those release dates closer smile.gif Maybe I can convince my wife to buy me one for my birthday (in June), then I can spend my savings on all of those wonderful games that will be coming out.

Now there's a thought...

------------------

'I have a very bad feeling about this.'

Archived