Qui-gon Jinn model

TEX360

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Toonces

heh, I DO over use smileys don't I? ;)

You? Just look at your last post :

"Hi :) i'm ;) Toonces! I'm juggling several ;) projects at :) once. It's :D incredible I :D haven't :p gone :) insane! :D"

(Dramatization - may not have happened)

-Anakin

Originally posted by JEDI_Anakin_S

"Hi :) i'm ;) Toonces! I'm juggling several ;) projects at :) once. It's :D incredible I :D haven't :p gone :) insane! :D"

(Dramatization - may not have happened)

-Anakin

heh, you just reminded me, I have to remember to take my medication, gotta stop the voices in my head telling me to format my HD ;)

BTW, your map is looking great Anakin_S

heh, you just reminded me, I have to remember to take my medication, gotta stop the voices in my head telling me to format my HD ;)

BTW, your map is looking great Anakin_S

Yeah, meds are important, Toonces. :D Can't have you formatting your hard drive - all that important work would be lost.

And thanks for the comments on the map. I've got a thread going in the swamp on what I should do next.

-Anakin

keo, Not that I don't beleive you (your the expert on Mace ) but he doesn't have tabbards hanging down in the back? I can't seem to find any pics of his backside at all so I cant really tell, just double checking with ya.

Yup. I'll try to find some pics for you.

Edit: It may be hard to find pics though... I do have the movie however(ATOC) and if anything you can refer to klorels model.

Originally posted by WhiteShdw

So are we gonna see a VM of this Qui-gon model? I was just wondering this, because your Qui-gon skins were very good considering the model limits. I'm kinda looking forward to what you can do when you are actually using a Qui-gon model.

Also i liked your Ki Adi Mundi skin a lot. :)

Yeah... well that's the idea, but I dont want to step on anyone's toes here. Arco will do a great job, and I can wait for my shot after he has been graced by the spotlight. I can't wait to skin this one, but I will only do it if the others are hip to it (at a later date).

Thanks for the kind words on my work! Mars out!

Mars, I'll ask Tex if he can make an exception on Qui-Gon and let me send some flats out to you, I know you guys were talking about doing a skin a long time ago. Arco is only doing one of the CTF skins for him so perhaps we could get one of your skins in there as a CTF skin. As for Mace, since he's mine if you'd like to do a Red or Blue skin for him your more than welcome to :) I'll just make sure Arco doesn't mind and I'll send you out some flats. I'd make a big SDK out of him but I just wanna do a small three skin release. I'm going to do some more Jedi models after this so there will be plenty of more to skin :) I'm part of the aotc:tc guys as a charecter modeler, but I plan on releasing my models for people to skin :)

That would be awesome if you could! I know I'm a bit pushy, so don't feel bad if its a no-go. I havent actually talked directly to Tex about the model, but I was under the impression that he knew I was interested. He may not know anything about me wanting to skin the model. At any rate let me know.

I would love to do team colors for mace! If you still got my E-mail, send me the flats.

Mars out!

Originally posted by skywalker19

Marz must be able to do a skin for Qui-Gon! HE MUST!!!

Now enough of my crazy talk,Marz just a quick question,whats changed in vm3??

Well I am using a totally refined face texture, it's one of my best! Also it features both a Sith, and a shirtless trainer varient. I had a taunt, but the darn thing wont work. Not sure what the problem is, everything looks right! I also changed the colors of his attire (yet again). I know people probably won't like the skin varients, because it's Qui-Gon (why mess up a perfectly good character?), but hey... you have to have something new for a third version (right?). The biggest thing is the face texture, I plan to use the same one for the upcoming model (if things work that way). I just put it out... it should show up soon (but then all the jedi sites have been un-attentive lately (especially Jediknight2.net). Mars 0ut!

Originally posted by skywalker19

Wow sounds really good marz! If you pak up the pk3 i may be able to throw sounds in,i did it for vm2(for personal use) and it worked fine.

Hoping to see this face texture on this kick ass QGJ model

Well the skin hasnt shown on either site yet, send me your e-mail at NeoMarz1@msn.com. Ill send you the pk3

I think the top of the head (starting at the temples) is too wide. Perhaps more like this... http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_2/Characters/Mace_Windu&image=aotc-mace_yoda.jpg&img=&tt=

The jaw also could be moved up, but I think it looks too wide because the face is too wide. I agree with you on the eyes, bring them closer together, and maybe not so wide (they look like he's had too much coffee).

And here's a nice big one of his profile for you... http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_2/Characters/Mace_Windu&image=aotc-mace_windu_lg02.jpg&img=&tt=

:EDIT: And another couple of his clothes and robe http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_2/Characters/Mace_Windu&image=aotc-mace_windu.jpg&img=16&tt=

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_2/Characters/Mace_Windu&image=aotc-mace_windu02.jpg&img=16&tt=

Arco put a base skin down, nice reselblence thus far, a few problems with the geometry I think. I think the Jaw is too wide, and the eyes are too far apart. Any crits are most apprishated :)

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/samlskin1.jpg

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/samlskin2.jpg

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/samlskin3.jpg

i can't tell whats wrong... but he looks like he's a little baby or something... might be his eyes... they seem to... ah, something...

Hellfire, Qui-Gon is getting close, I cant give you an release date yet, hopefully soon.

c0licab, your right, he does look a little like a baby. It might be the eyes, or the jaw, I'm not quite sure. I'll be studying refrence pics to try and pin it down

im not sure if this is normal, but the shot from slightly under the head and looking up, his head looks quite bulbous(sp?). it may be the angle or the fact that he's bald. also, the main reason I can see for him "not looking like samuel l jackson" is maybe because the skin is a "base" skin and unfinished?

Archived