Home

Qui-gon Jinn model

TEX360

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toonces, I did another side by side so you can hopefully see the changes I made. Just refer to my previous posts and this sample picture.

http://www.geocities.com/eo718/mace2-1.jpg

copy & paste

Heres a pic with a quick representation of a darker skin just to give you an idea Toonces.

http://www.geocities.com/eo718/macedarker.jpg

Note: these are not skins(for those of you who don't read the thread).

That looks excellent keo. the skin is too light though, for Samuel, but its is very accurate. the problem is, will that require a re-editing of the mesh (I noticed the lips were moved up)?

Yeah, he's still working on the model itself though, so that shouldn't be a problem. And I agree about the skin color, I just left that the way it was basically. It definitely could be darker.

That link you posted is to a frontal shot, not a profile shot, Keo. Still looks excellent though.

Yeah, thats what I meant to post. I did a side by side with the most recent head. The profile shot is in my first post with the edits.

Originally posted by keo718

Yeah, thats what I meant to post. I did a side by side with the most recent head. The profile shot is in my first post with the edits.

Oh. 'Cause in your last post you said you did another side-by-side, so I assumed the pic would be of that.

-Anakin

ok Toonces heres my 2 cents on the mace model. Ive looked over all the profiles, and I would have to say they are very close! My only complaint is that there is too much upper maw, That is to say there is too much distance between the upper lip and the nose. It didnt seem to stand out so much till I started messing with the face texture. I think the eyes seem to be placed right. One of Samuel's predominating features would be his widely spaced eyes. I think the eyes shape could be adjusted to be more "lidded", or less rounded on the topside. His eyes to me seem to almost be a "D" shape (with the "D" on its side)... more flat lidded along the top, rounded on the bottom. I realize this may be hard when accomidating the "3D Orbs" used for the eyes. Gosh... I sound like im a know it all, I hate reading my own critiques. Its late now im going to bed... these are just sleepless ramblings, so dont take em to seriously, Mars out!

Hey I just realized I made another mile long laundry list for you... Sorry! lol

That looks good Arco, but Toonces still has to change the geometry before it will look its best.

The main changes:

-The nose shape

-I made the lips thicker

-brought the eybrows closer to the eyes

-moved the pupils up

-the chin shape

-the shading around the cheekbones

-the neck slightly thinner

-made the ears smaller

refer to my earlier post with the tweaks.

Originally posted by Arco

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/genq3/newface-mace.jpg

update... it is better I think... yes?

Arco:deathii:

Yeah it does look great, a lot better. I think Mace's "upper lip cleft" is less defined, and the cheek/maw lines are smoother (less defined). I have to say one thing about the color, Samuel is a very dark man! He isn't quite as reddish brown as most of the "promo photos" show! I think that the photos were altered to be less threatening (just a theory). He is different colored than he was in Pulp fiction (a make up alteration), keep in mind that you can't hide his true complexion (even with make-up). Yes it will be a redder brown, but not much. Really... yours is a lot closer, but in "Jedi Power battles" the game, he has the right color. It's more of a burnt ashy brown. If you have time write me back, and I'll send you some Ref's (neomarz1@msn.com)

Great job Arco, I knew you could do this one justice! Mars out!

oh one more thing... Samuel has some wide laugh lines on the corners of his mouth, of course the don't show quite as much without expression.

ok.... so I'm clogging up the forum. Arco.... on the second thought, the color looks fine. The Eye brows need to be blended into the brown a bit (less solid black definition), maybe scratched through with the brown to break up definition... air brushed a long the top side (or blended). I think the tendency to make em black is natural, but it comes across to sharp to me. Anyone agree? It may just be my own preference. Thanks Arco, bye :)

Thanks for the paintover keo :) I'm not quite sure why I'm having such a difficult time with this head, I'll move the brows which I think is throwing me off a little, I also like the way you painted his cheek bones keo, that's one thing that is very prominant on Samuel L.

yo guys. Just wanna say I will be done soon with teh skins and then after final tweeks by toonces we shall be able to release them... but we do need sounds I reckon. for all 3... qui gon, obi wan and mace.

Arco:deathii:

ps: I will post updates as soon as I have some... as I am still editing the texture like a madman.

heh, yeah, I actually have those, I'll post them for you guys to have a listen. I think Deetox made them, I'm not quite sure though

marriner, Obi's the least finished right now, Arco and I seem to be having trouble with the head, I'll keep you guys posted though. Qui-gon is almost ready though :)

Toonces, that chin still needs work, the eyebrows should be closer to his eyes, move his pupils up a bit to where you can see the whites under his iris, fix his nostrils(they are too rounded), the bottom of his ears should be parallel to his nostrils, move the mouth up a little, I think the lips were thickened too much, the lines under his eyes should be much closer to his eyes, make the eyes overall bigger(uniform scale), his head overall skinner(less wide), chin flat at the bottom and a sharper jawline, neck a bit skinnier, and that should do it. LOL, I don't really care about grammer right now, as long as you get the picture.

Archived