Home

Qui-gon Jinn model

TEX360

Very nice Arco. The clothing texture looks amazing, and the face is incredible. But I have to agree with Sithlord, the neck doesn't look textured or anything, it just looks plain brown. Its not too bad though, considering you hardly see the neck in-game, but you may want to look at it non-theless.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
update. We are pretty much final now I think.... well I hope.

Arco, that looks very nice. The nose however is still not right. The middle between the nostrils is too thick. His clothing also is incorrect. Please refer to the picture. The texture quality is superb however.

http://www.geocities.com/eo718/obiwan_mace_ani.jpg

copy & paste

Edit: Could we also get a profile and back shot by any chance?

His belt is different too. It should be thicker, and the pouch smaller.

Hey all,

I was just browsing this forum and I just had to say how awesome these models are. Your efforts to get these characters into Jedi Outcast are appreciated. I can't wait to have Mace under my control. Keep up the outstanding work!

P.S. When you release these, will you be sending them to one of the major JO sites, or hosting them elsewhere? The reason I ask is that it seems that places like jediknightii.net are quite slow at posting new stuff. Just wondering :)

Originally posted by KMan

Maybe we should split this thread into separate threads for the Qui-gon, Obi-wan, and Mace models. Would definatly save on confusion and questions.

I suggested that (at least creating a new thread for Mace) a while back, but Toonces didn't like the idea... but perhaps now is a better time.

-Anakin

:EDIT: And I don't supposed you could model the lightsaber onto their belt, could you? :) Edward Peretti is doing it for the Mara Jade model and it looks pretty good. Just a thought.

Originally posted by KMan

Maybe we should split this thread into separate threads for the Qui-gon, Obi-wan, and Mace models. Would definatly save on confusion and questions.

Your right KMan, I let it get a little out of hand, It was just a side project that turned into much more than that. My fault :)

I'll take care of it :)

I dont know what it is, but it just doesn't look like Liam. The skin quality is awesome, the model is great, but it just doesn't... look... like Liam. I can't tell what it is... so close though.

-The eyes are too big(vertically)

-eye color(white of eyes) not white enough

-hairline should curve inward on the sides

-mouth too wide

-nose too long, needs reshaping, nostrils are too large

-mustache needs to be thicker

Any progress with Mace?

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_1/Characters/Qui-Gon_Jinn&image=tpm08.jpg&img=&tt=

I think the eyes are too wide (left-right) and narrow (upper to lower lid)... try bringing in the width (left-right) a tad and make the eyes taller (larger distance between upper and lower lid).

Liam's eyes are not as oval as they are in the model, so maybe it will help.

-Anakin

and narrow (upper to lower lid)... try bringing in the width (left-right) a tad and make the eyes taller (larger distance between upper and lower lid).

The eyes right now are already too big vertically as is. I would not suggest this Toonces. Check the ref pic.

I think the eyes are too wide (left-right)

This is true however.

Originally posted by Darth Loki

I dont know what it is, but it just doesn't look like Liam. The skin quality is awesome, the model is great, but it just doesn't... look... like Liam. I can't tell what it is... so close though.

I dont think its the model at all, The skin is good... I would just do a quick overlay on a photo... That would reveal the problem areas. Mars out!

So this looks like its done considering those small details everyone wants done but looks good to me i doubt any one is gonna stare at the face for hours and complain looks good enuff to release as it is

Keo u do have a good point just i have been waiting forever for it,

like fisto wait for updated version for all the detail updates

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

there was chaos, and then came Mars! lol

Toonces... send me those flats for Obi Wan, I'll skin it in 3-4 days. That should take the heat off. Oh and the glm. file too if availiable. Mars out! Ill mail you...

Mars will you be making a skin for the new mace windu that toonces and arco are working on? And hows about this new Qui-Gon? :D

So this looks like its done considering those small details everyone wants done but looks good to me i doubt any one is gonna stare at the face for hours and complain looks good enuff to release as it is

Keo u do have a good point just i have been waiting forever for it, like fisto wait for updated version for all the detail updates

InsaneSith, we all want the model. But let them complete it before you talk about release. If your talking about Mace, I've been waiting since June(Qui-Gon since the same time), but whats the point of having a model that is inaccurate because everyones in a rush for it to be released? After this model is done, you'll(general statement) probably play it for a week, then be in another thread saying the same thing. You've already waited this long, might as well give them time to perfect it.

Originally posted by keo718

InsaneSith, we all want the model. But let them complete it before you talk about release. If your talking about Mace, I've been waiting since June(Qui-Gon since the same time), but whats the point of having a model that is inaccurate because everyones in a rush for it to be released? After this model is done, you'll(general statement) probably play it for a week, then be in another thread saying the same thing. You've already waited this long, might as well give them time to perfect it.

Exactly. You've waited this long, it'd be retarded to release it before it was ready.

Archived