Home

Qui-gon Jinn model

TEX360

Originally posted by Deetox187

Heh i thought about using "the negotiations were short" for a death sound but i've got other better ideas so i doubt i'll use it. He doesn't appear to have many useable lines in Ep1 but theres tons in Ep2 so most if his sounds will probably come from that.

Woohoo! I honestly had enough of it from the 1st skin lol,it'll be nice to hear something new.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched Schindler's List a couple nights ago, and I realized that Liam Neeson has a very George Bush Jr-ish face. His eyes are quite close together, and his brow slopes down on the sides, making his face look more narrow. Maybe something you may want to try, because atm it looks great, but from the front it just doesn't look like him.

Hey Toonces, I just put the facial texture on the Obi Wan model. Seems to line up fairly good. Here are the noted problems I see...

The facial texture lines up just about perfect (Tex did pretty good)

1) Face seems to thin, I had to squash my texture to fit it.

2) Needs more polygons under the eyes (traingle shapes very apparent when in the game).

3) lips are too full.

I sent my new e-mail to you, so write back, and I'll send you what I got.

Mars out!

Yeah, it's on the second page I think :)

Oh, and I actually did all the uvmaping as well as some additional alterations to the model. There is a little bit of stretching I noticed under the chin that I'm going to try and compensate for, it's minor so you shouldnt have to make any adjustments to your skin.

Back on topic quick, I'm in that awkward stage where everything is finished but the rigging is driving me insane, I'll keep everybody posted. Also I have to tweak the head a little more, but I'm pretty much satisfied with how he looks ingame

Originally posted by Toonces

Oh, and I actually did all the uvmaping as well as some additional alterations to the model. There is a little bit of stretching I noticed under the chin that I'm going to try and compensate for, it's minor so you shouldnt have to make any adjustments to your skin.

Back on topic quick, I'm in that awkward stage where everything is finished but the rigging is driving me insane, I'll keep everybody posted. Also I have to tweak the head a little more, but I'm pretty much satisfied with how he looks ingame

I Agree the model looks pretty good. How bout the polygons under the eyes (Obi). Do you think that is good enough?

Just curious, are the clipping problems (with the robe varients) gonna be tweaked?

Yes, of cource :) I've been so busy that I haven't been able to touch anything on the models all this week. Dont worry, I'll fix all of that as soon as I have the time

And for a release date, I really don't have one. I'm starting to get a little tired of all the people who constantly pm and e-mail me asking for a release date

Here is something to hold you guys over :)

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/quigonpimpage.jpg

Special thanks to Whiteshdw for leting me pimp off Liam in the new pitroom, more pics to come soon, of Obi too :)

Originally posted by MysticSpade

i like the pic Toonces, but this question goes to WhiteShdw is this the remake of the FFAepisode1 map or just the pit room itself.

That's just a duel map of the pit room for now. We've decided to include that with the FFA map. But we'll send Toonces the FFA map soon as we get the lighting finished. Probably this weekend.

Yes, of cource :) I've been so busy that I haven't been able to touch anything on the models all this week. Dont worry, I'll fix all of that as soon as I have the time

And for a release date, I really don't have one. I'm starting to get a little tired of all the people who constantly pm and e-mail me asking for a release date

Here is something to hold you guys over :)

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/quigonpimpage.jpg

Special thanks to Whiteshdw for leting me pimp off Liam in the new pitroom, more pics to come soon, of Obi too :)

Thanks for the update and pics of Qui-Gon, Toonces... he looks great! I've been waiting for a decent Qui-Gon model... too bad this one is WAY better than decent. :p

One thing though, and please let me know if I'm wrong... but from that picture you included in the above quote, it looks as if the saber hilt is not falling in his hand properly. (Even THROUGH his hands a bit.) I've noticed the same for Kit Fisto and Palpatine. Are there any plans to fix this, or is it just something that's too far gone to mess with?

Again, excellent work on all of your models! :)

Archived