Home

Qui-gon Jinn model

TEX360

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SiThLoRd><1000

The hands are accurate enough, you don't have to bandy over it.

I wouldn't say I'm going bandy (whatever that means) over it... i'm just wondering why hands that look large are being used instead of the correctly sized hands. They just look too large to me...

Originally posted by boinga1

any idea when this (or any of your other excellent models) will be released?

If people stopped asking this question, there'd be 75% less posts in a WIP thread.

The model(s) will be done when they're done. This isn't like a commercial product release - as it's being done by people whose real job IS NOT to create models/skins/maps/etc for this game, any release date they give would only serve to create more posts when said date comes and goes. Then instead of the "When will the model be out?" posts, you'll have the "The model was supposed to be out last week! What happened?" post.

Knowing the date that it comes out doesn't shorten the amount of time you have to wait for it, so just chill. And boinga1, I'm not just talking to you - there are many people on this forum that do this, so consider it a general post.

And Primrodo, I agree with you about the belt.

Thanks guys, It's pointless asking that question anymore, I've stated in the past that I really can't give release dates because I have no clue what problems I'll run into, or how much time I'll have to work on them each given week. I do apprishate how many people are looking forward to this model though, it makes me feel good that others are actually intrested in something that I'm doing :D

Alright, let me adress a couple of observations you guys have made, on the hands, I'm not quite finished resizeing them and adjusting the sleeves so they arn't quite final, but I think they are about the right size now, I'll keep that in mind though when I'm making tweaks :)

On the Belt size, should I make it thicker? That's pretty easy to do so if that's the general consensus I'll widen it up a bit and see how it looks.

Lord Tnuc, on the sounds, Deetox did the sound pack so we've already got a full compliment of sounds, but I belelive that some of your suggestions are actually already in the sound pack. The default taunt is "I sense a disturbance in the force" but there are a whole bunch of others included :)

Great Job!!

Toonces, you know how I feel about your work :D Thanks so much for getting these kicking models (and characters) in game.

One thing I noticed is that I would make his head a little longer and ever so slightly thinner. If you're well past that point, than no worries, because it obviously resmebles Qui-Gon well enough.

That was just my immediate impression when I looked at the latest pics.

I hope you're enjoying all this. You're doing excellent work.

I see you're still powered by Sith, hehe.

:lightning

-nomad

MTFBWY

Originally posted by nomad

Great Job!!

Toonces, you know how I feel about your work :D Thanks so much for getting these kicking models (and characters) in game.

One thing I noticed is that I would make his head a little longer and ever so slightly thinner. If you're well past that point, than no worries, because it obviously resmebles Qui-Gon well enough.

That was just my immediate impression when I looked at the latest pics.

I hope you're enjoying all this. You're doing excellent work.

I see you're still powered by Sith, hehe.

:lightning

-nomad

MTFBWY

Thanks bud :D I'm glad you like them, and It's good to see you around here again :) I gotta get something out to ya so watch your e-mail

I still might tweak Qui-Gons head just a touch to see if I can get the geometry right.

Oh, and I'm always powered by sith ;)

Yeah it should be 2" relative to the person, with a thinner one between.

I've noticed this about each of the models that have been made off the Tex model. Mace, Obi etc.

The pouch doesn't matter that much...but can you teak it perhaps? and add the other 2?

:)

I may increase the thickness of the belts, but only on Obi and Qui-Gon. I'm 100% happy with Mace as he is now. As for the pouches, It's something to think about :)

Your right of course on the other two models being based on Tex's Qui-Gon body. For Qui-Gon, and Obi to a lesser extent, I remodeled the hips for accuracy and deformation issues. Also their heads had to be signifigantly tweaked for accuracy, and their clothes had to be adjusted a bit for more realistic proportions. Tex Made the Obi-Wan head though, I just tweaked it a bit :) I'm incredibly honored that Tex allowed Arco and myself to finish these two great models :)

Mace is a different story, I remodeled most areas of the model, save the sleeves and boots which remain exactly the same on all three. The Head of course I modeled from scratch and I used parts of Tex's mesh to save Arco and myself alot of extra work. His readme will read a little different than Qui-Gon's and Obi's

I'll keep you guys posted, we're putting the finishing touches on everybody :)

Archived