Home

Petition for Dark Forces III

StormHammer

Guest Fett1177

Definately-

I would love some new characters. Maybe a badass child jedi that uses the light side. Someone maybe like Lowbacca, Jacen Jacinda or Anikan Solo...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest solo_anakin

DF3!!! Maybe they will start that after

they finish OB1, which looks to be a good game, right now at least.

Guest JK_Bluesaber

Sorry to crash your party but, over at RogueSquadron.net we formed a petition fro LEC to make an addon, or at least give us the right to edit it. We got over 150 people ti sign it! BUT, no one listened to us. Not Big Ape or LEC....I will just tell you, ahem "It's a waste of your time, LEC is as stubborn as a mule in mud."

/\(O) (O)/\

(

____ I am Vulcan, here me roar.

------------------

"Would somebody get this walking carpet out of my way!" —"Your Worship", Princess Liea

[This message has been edited by JK_Bluesaber (edited March 24, 2000).]

That's sad to hear, JK_Bluesaber, but there's no harm in trying again. Why not ask those 150 posters to post again on this petition - and maybe they can all each ask a friend, who can ask a friend, etc. Let's add another zero to that 150... wink.gif

The Force will be with us...always.

------------------

----[] So be it...Jedi []----

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you got my vote! But, I believe in LEC's un-budgeable stubbornness, and I also saw them describe Force Commander as "the final title set during or near the classic trilogy". I forgot where I saw this, but it seems as though we're stuck with Episode I. On the bright side, Obi-Wan will probably cash in on an updated version of JK's already stellar 3D engine, and gameplay promises to be much more strategically demanding (anyone here play Thief?). Yes, TPM and Racer sucked big time, but LEC has already spent more time with Obi-Wan than they did with both of those throw-aways (and all the other tie-in crap) put together.

• 2 weeks later...

I want DF 3 as well.

enough Episode 1

please, LEC?

"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy looking NERF HERDER!" -Princess Leia

"Hey, who's scruffy lookin'?" -Han Solo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hile Tr0y

You're very mistaken, Sean. The DF series follows the adventures of Kyle Katarn, and they are set sometime during and after SW: TESB. Obi-Wan is long dead when the first DF starts.

I want my DF3! Hell yeah!

Just a cheer,

Hile Tr0y

------------------

"There Is Nothing Left To Lose"

Guest LDB_Leeman

However, a lot of people are touting Obi-Wan to be DFIII - either they're confused, or they've heard different.

Personally, I hope it's the former, and they just think it's DFIII because it's another FPS.

Surely Lucasarts have had enough of EP1 games by now?! (how many is this, once Obi-Wan's done? 6? There's the TPM Game, Ep1 Racer, Pit Droids, Gungan Frontier, Jedi Power Battles, and now Ob1)

More from the orignal saga and beyond please Lucasarts...

------------------

www.thereckoning.co.uk - My Personal Starcruiser.

Guest Tycho_Celchu

Well, I'm still perfectly happy w/ JK, so I don't really feel the need for DFIII, but I'll sign anyway.

We want DF3!

Guest Krownis

Yes, I've been waiting for DFIII since 97. Honestly, I wasn't 100% satisfied with Mysteries (I don't mean to start a war). It's just that I wanted to see more FMV scenes - that made the game really, really cool.

And as for Obi-wan being DFIII, I heard and read the same thing sometime back. Probably at the Obi-wan site. That's what got me interested in it - maybe being the same format, still Jedi is my favorite game to play on the net 3 years running. If a game is this powerful for so many people, why LucasArts refuses to make another addition is beyond me. The money they'd rake in would be astounding. But of course, I still can't get past the fact that Lucas won't release the movies on DVD either. Again, he'd make a killing in the market. But that's probably why he's all the way up there and I'm all the way down here.

Guest LDB_Leeman

I wasn't that impressed with MotS either - it all felt too tacked on - and the impersonator for Kyle was nothing like the original actor.

And then there was no mention of Qu-Rahn or Jan...

Where did they dissapear to?

------------------

www.thereckoning.co.uk - My Personal Starcruiser.

Guest Kipple Master

Someone wanted to know why the Star Wars movies haven't been released on DVD. The official word from Rick McCallum (producer Ep1) is that George Lucas wants to do something "special" for the DVD release of ALL the movies. At present he is busy with Episode 2. My source for this info, www.starwars.com, in the Ask The Lucasfilm Jedi Council section (You have to be registered to ask questions).

I wish they'd hurry up and make DF3!!!!!

Guest Xyst

I want Dark Forces 3!!!!Play it on the Zone TOO!!!

------------------

"The Dark Side.Hard to see it is"

Guest Das Caroon

I down for Jedi Knight 3. Classic Star Wars and the New Repulic StarWars stuff is definitely where its at for me Episode 1 was weak. More Kyle More Mara and Maybe Even the Jedi Twins that would be an interesting idea

Das

Guest Kurgan

Actually, in the first level of Dark Forces 1, you steal the Death Star plans, so it's actually taking place BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER, the Star Wars movie trilogy (Episodes IV-VI).

Dark Forces II: JK takes places some years after ROTJ (Ep. VI), and MOTS takes place about 5-7 years after that.

Kurgan

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,i used to work at lucasarts.i quit around the premere of masters of teras kasi.but i tell ya,dark forces 3 sounds real good.i think they should put where kyle gets mara in dark forces 3.that would be neat.

------------------

sw-lukedarth.jpg old ben kenobi:everyones favorite jedi.

Guest The Force

I think DF3 should start with a choice.

In both you play as Kyle, but you get to choose wether you play on the light side or the darkside. That would be cool.

Or before you start the game, you could be able to customize your weapons

Guest The Force

Obi-wan is dead. Long live DF3

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Archived