Home

Joystick control issue

corrald

Guest LDB_Leeman

The one question I have to ask is "why?"

I mean, Joysticks are all well and good for flight sims, but surely they're way too combersome for First Person Shooters?

Have you tried using the mouse to move? (ie: turn, look up and down) whilst using the keboard to shoot, activate etc?

I'm afraid I can't help you otherwise. Sorry :-)

Leeman

------------------

www.thereckoning.co.uk - My Personal Starcruiser.

Guest Darth Kurgan

I know my pal Vagabond would disagree. He's kind of unconventional. He plays JK on the Zone, sabers in first person view mode, and uses a joystick, and he's pretty good!

Vagabond, again for the record, can you give us your exact setup? That would be helpful to make it clear what you use. Thanks!

As for me, even with the 1.01 update that's supposed to fix any problems, I've tried three different joysticks, and all of them had a "drift" problem, which hampered gameplay, unfortunately.

Honestly, if you have a good joystick, I can see you playing First Person Shooters with it, the only thing is mouselook becomes somewhat less precise, but there are other benefits. JK and MOTS don't seem to like my joysticks though.

Up until JK, I always used my 6+ button gamepad to play those types of games.

If JK/MOTS had better joystick support, I might use it. Sure my aiming might be less accurate, but I could program in combos that are impossible with a keyboard, I could type while I fight, I could even put in turbo fire stuff.

The other day I was doing the logistics on paper of JK in an arcade, and I think it's possible (it utilizes a set that has two Flight Sticks).

Kurgan

Guest Darth Kurgan

Yeah, that was the main issue. It was to address some other things too, like crashing when you turn the crosshair off. It's a tiny patch, but somebody must benefit from it.

; )

Kurgan

Archived