Home

Multiplayer bots?

Guest narcosis

Guest LDB_Leeman

there's been a lot of talk about bots for JK recently.

Maybe that should be the next big project for editing teams out there.

Single player bots would be really great.

Any ideas?

------------------

www.thereckoning.co.uk - My Personal Starcruiser.

What knowledge do we need to have to make bots, then? I mean, I know there's some programming involved, but does anybody know how to actually make a bot that will work in JK? Do we need some kind of script? Can we set up pathways through a level for the bots to follow?

Anybody know anybody who knows next door's cat's friend down the street with some bot programming skills? :@

------------------

So be it...Jedi

Guest LDB_modeski

I would program them if I had the first idea of how to do it. But proper bots, such as those found in Q3A or the ones available for Q2 are professional jobs that require a great deal of knowledge. I've been saying that JK should do some in an addon patch for a couple of years now.

Actually, I was thinking the other day (and this is relevant to a post on the cantina too) that Lucasarts should bring out a patch for the game engine, updating it to reflect the advances in graphics capabilites etc since JK DF2 first came out. Just a thought...

------------------

visit the Lucky Despot Boyz Jedi Knight Clan site www.ldb.org.uk

• 1 month later...
Guest The_Gamesta

I just went there...but some times the site gose down you should try to go there 1 more time..I use IE 5.0 to surf.

Archived