Home

The Return of Mara Jade

Edward Peretti

Edward- since you were working from one texture sheet, did you work at a higher resolution and then scale own afterwards? Just curious. I've been working on some UT2k3 models lately, and so I've been usually working just from 1 texture sheet. I usually start at 2x the size of what I finally scale down to. It gets a bit 'fun' working at 2048x2048.... sometimes.

Btw- I really like how the face turned out. Good skin tone.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's definately a good thing to do especially with pc-based games and next gen engines like UT2003. Mara's skin was painted at 1024, but in a way I kinda wished I painted her at double the rez and just scaled down. Though it's alot easier to paint at 1024, there is less detail to consider and I think the rez is adequate enough for the jKO engine.

well...it seems to me that mara is looking very nice and close to perfect. here's a treat for all of you still waiting. Enjoy!

NOTE: In order to view the screens you must right click on the link and select "copy shortcut" and paste that into your browser. Sorry. I didn't know Brinkster was like that...

IN-GAME SCREENS:

1*Up-Close of Mara

2*Another close up of Mara

3*Mara's personal saber hilt (very nice)

4*Behind view of Mara

5*Action screen of Mara from front

ERRORS IN MODEL:

1*Mara's doing overhead swing in heavy stance. Notice her arms are freaking out.

2*Mara in medium stance idle position. Notice how her arm goes completely through her chest.

I got that map hate the damn music lol should i delete that music in the file... i hate it soo annoying and scares the doo doo outta me :p

another solution to the music thing is turning the music off in the sound section...

BTW, Mariners welcome to my buddy list

lol......uh....thanks... :D

with that shoulder thing, that cant be fixed, its a problem with the animation skeleton, the fact she has large... appendiges means the animations system can't see that and just makes the arm go through. you can't fix it, short of shrinking the torso a bit. Look at the Aayla model and the Mace model - they both have the same thing.

With the skin on the arms twisting - all models to that, look at the darth maul model to see it (swining overhead in heavy stance). I'm pretty sure you can't fix that either.

The arm thing can be improved to a huge degree. I've seen models with far larger torso areas and arms(like Maw), and the clipping was nowhere near that bad. I'm not a modeler, but I think it would simply involve weighting the boobs to their respective arms slightly so they move out of the way when the the arms come close. That could also make for some interesting bouncing when running.

nice screenshots mariners. :o could you tell us whether or not there are toggleable surfaces? :o i really hope there are... btw, ed are you still thinking about adding the ponytail back in? since this is the best female model yet, it would be a shame to not have a couple surfaces [ie. the 2 hair styles (maybe), blaster/holster, jacket]. :(

I prefer the regular hair to the ponytail. The only two female models in JK2 right now have ponytails... it's about time we see some variety! :D

And we need some more female models for this game... it's all a bunch of guys running around. Seems a little... unusual. :xp:

Archived