The Return of Mara Jade

Edward Peretti

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for being a bit off-topic but.

I just realized something. Mara and Luke are really alike:

1. They are both Jedis

2. They were both strongly favoured by the Darkside (Luke's dad makes it possible for Luke)

3. They both wielded the same lightsaber

4. They both fight for the republic

5. They lived at the same time (doh)

6. AND they both had a Rancor to play with :D

If you know some more similarities PM me.

Thnx!

very impressive model Edward, I think you did an incredible job on her. As far as the CTF controversy:

if Normal is red hair then:

Blue: Hair up, blonde. Its innocent looking and her ponytail is loose so its kind of casual and cool. Blonde hair will also go better with the blues than would red, brown, or black.

Red: Hair down, Jet black with red highlights, maybe the tips of her hair are frosted red? Its an eviler hair style, and the colors black and red in starwars have been associated with evil so I think this hair color scheme would reflect this nicely.

Also, for the red team clothes, maybe make the tube top smaller(show a little more skin on top and bottom, perhaps have the top and bottom just fasten in the middle somehow?), pointier (like at the bottom maybe have it fall away in an upside down V instead of being straight), and maybe even red(depending on the color of the coat -dont make both red). Then make the coat and pants red or black leather (if you wanted maybe you could put a shader on the leather too)... that would definitely complete the dark mara.

just my creative rambling, you don't have to use any of these suggestions, just something I think would look really good.

-Klorel

Great work on the model Ed. As far as the ponytail and hair down versions, are they all in the same pk3. I mean are they going to be separate models or will the ponytail be a ctf version of the default hair down?

I think that if they are separate models, then obviously the default versions should have the red hair. The ctf versions can be brunnettes and blondes depending what hair color matches the ctf clothing better. If the ponytail version is only a ctf of the normal model, then both the default and ponytail should be redheads, the other hair down ctf version I'd really like to see as a brunnette the way Klorel described her.

One last question, the saber hilt you modeled for Mara, will it be mod compatible or will it just replace the default MP and SP sabers? I really hope it's mod compatible for Jedimod, can't wait for this model. :)

I love the ideas of the all in black, blonde version and the jet black, red highlight hair. I'll make the default ctf players red - ponytail, blue - hair down, and if I get time I'll make some bonus skins.

Everything is in the one pk3. You will be able to play both ponytail and hairdown versions. I want to name them both "mara" but I'm not sure if the game will accept that, I'll have to see.

She has sounds, face weights, and her hilt is mod compatible.

I take it surfs are basicaly including/excluding parts of the model via the skin file, right?

Originally posted by Edward Peretti

I take it surfs are basicaly including/excluding parts of the model via the skin file, right?

when you see a jan skin without a vest, etc. it was done with a .surf file. but if mara here has a whole body under that vest (which she does) you could always just type nodraw instead of the path to the texture.

Hey Ed, about the surfaces, pm Altimira, he had to turn a few things off for his Altimira skin on Jan a while back, so I know he knows how to do it, its not to hard I believe, plus he's gonna do it for his Zim as well.

And you might want to switch the hairstyles, if you look at her with long hair, she seems a lot more evil than when she puts her hair up. And her hair when up isn't pulled tight like most evil females with hair up, its looser, like a goody-two-shoes disney character. just my 2 cents.

-Klorel

And you might want to switch the hairstyles, if you look at her with long hair, she seems a lot more evil than when she puts her hair up.

I agree. I think the hair down will be more suitable for the red team. I like the idea of changing the hair color for CTF skins, but I don't think it would make much of a difference which side gets what color. Whatever works best with the colors of the clothing for that particular side.

Just tossing my opinion out there.

Everyrthing's looking good at the moment. The only thing holding me back are the LODS. Assimilate tells me that it is "unable to find LOD0 surface that name matches LOD 1 surface "" " It doesn't actualy name the surface like it should. I have four LODs only in the head area. It seems that when I delete LOD1 for the head, everything assimilates fine. But I don't think LODs work unless you have all four, because I can't view them in model view. If I can't figure this out by sunday then I'll have to delay the release date. I really want those LODs in :(

Archived