Home

The Return of Mara Jade

Edward Peretti

I only made two LOD's for Kit Fisto so I know it's not that last part.

I'm not quite sure if this is it, but LOD0 is the default high poly version. The game supports 4 LOD's starting with

LOD0=3k high poly version (head)

LOD1=2k polys (head_1)

LOD2=1k polys (head_2)

LOD3=500 polys (head_3)

I use those poly numbers just as an example, but I'm sure you know what I mean :)

That might not be it at all, but I figured I'd put my 2c in it

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Toonces, when you LOD your characters, do you include everything. So all the caps and tags? If so I think this is where I'm going wrong.

btw, would anybody be interested in making a shader for her shiney bits? I've already done the alpha maping. I could send the player model if you need it.

One last comment on the hairdo possibilities. If there are going to be 2 default versions of Mara, one with long hair and another with ponytail, then keep that also in their respective ctfs. I mean have a ponytail red and blue and a hair down ctf red and blue if you have the time to write the extra skin files.

Then you can have both ponytail and hair down versions of blonde and black hair with red highlights Mara, which would be awesome imo.

As for the name differences you can have both Maras in the same folder if you wish, just make one model_default.skin with its ctfs and the second something like model_default_ponytail.skin or some variation like that, also the same with the selection icons, and both will be selectable defaults. The same also applies to the ctf versions of the second default skin, have something like icon_blue_ponytail.jpg and model_blue_ponytail.skin. I've seen plenty of models which have 2 defaults done this way, namely the Obi and Gui-Gon models based on Tyrion and they work perfectly.

nice job ed ive been watching this models progress and it is great. look forward to playing with it.

: off topic but could someone send me all the things i need to get my model in game the skeleton and whatever else i need ive read the tutorials but when i do that stuff the skeleton just doesnt show up:

hmm, that's strange indeed Ed, I haven't experence anything simmilar in all of the model's I've setup.

On a related note, that link you send me was dead so I haven't been able to take a look at the textures. I have a shiny/reflective shader just about written up for you, as soon as I finish Qui-Gon I'll finish it up and send it over to you. You'll have to edit the paths and what not

Off Topic: Most disturbing thing happened last night during a role playing game in jk2.. Since we had finished up the basic plot for the night...we proceeded with a gang rape scene O_o...

Quote from my friend, "I can never be a female model without you people raping me!" Twas funny yet tremendously disturbing and confusing..

On Topic: Very happy that the problem was solved. Just have to wait for the LODS...

Thats cool and all, but it won't be for the many fans who would like to use this model in a internet game, cause frankly a high poly model without LOD's will bog down most systems. My advice is that once you've released the model, find someone with the skills to make the LODs work for you, that way you won't have to worry about it anymore, and it will get done, so everyone will be happy. This is a great model, it would be a shame for something as trivial but annoying as LODs to make it imperfect... cause otherwise its perfect.

-Klorel

Archived