Home

Is it the bots? Or is it normal?

Guest Kipple Master

Guest Kipple Master

I have a question. When I'm playing with RBots every time I pick up a bots backpack, my ammo count on all weapons doubles (until it reaches the limit). Example: I have 12 thermal detonators, a bot respawns in front of me, I kill it, pick up the backpack, my thermal detonator count reaches 24. Is this a normal multiplayer thing, or is it a bug in the bot program?

[This message has been edited by Kipple Master (edited May 25, 2000).]

Guest Kipple Master

Rbots is basically bots for Jedi Knight, It is currently at version Alpha 0.10 or something like that, it works pretty good, there's a bunch of stuff they can't do yet. You can download it at the following URL: http://www.jedi.scopus.vic.edu.au/ or for a direct download of the zip: http://www.jedi.scopus.vic.edu.au/rbots.zip

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited May 30, 2000).]

Guest Kurgan

Hey cool finally. I hadn't seen this.. unless this is that tiny level where you hit the switch and a guy with a ST rifle pops up and starts shooting at you....

I guess I'll find out after downloading!

Hey, it's a start!

Kurgan

Guest Kipple Master

It'll be pretty cool when they can use force powers too. They really need to have their own scores, 'cause at the moment when they kill you it counts on your score as a self kill.

Guest Kurgan

I tried it out and my reaction is: WOW! This is cool, and I can't wait until it is finished. This looks like the start of something VERY promising to the community at large!

I couldn't believe I was running around Canyon Oasis actually fighting other characters.. not humans, but not SP enemies either, actual BOTS! They changed weapons quickly as well, although some of them were kind of stupid.

The scoring thing should be easy to do. Many mods out there give you points for killing AI (such as the semi-recently released "Coop" levels for JK).

But I suppose the thing with getting them to have a score when they kill you (and not having it count as a self kill) would be a bit along those lines as well.

And someday.. a mod like this for MOTS would be pretty dang cool.. especially for CTF/KFY! ; )

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited May 30, 2000).]

Guest Kurgan

Oh, btw, I got the mod posted up on the news, so hopefully some more feedback will be coming.. ; )

Kurgan

Guest The_Gamesta

Hey I had the mod it was pretty good but there to easy to kill..and there is a bug if you use super pull you can pull 6 rail guns and he still has one....funny ant it..

------------------

yoda2.gifTake home you I will

Guest Jedi-Qui-Gon

Wow so this mod is really good? cant wait to try it. Have to reinstall JK on my pc though.....

------------------

quigon.jpg

[This message has been edited by Jedi-Qui-Gon (edited June 04, 2000).]

Guest Kurgan

It's just average right now. I'm amazed somebody finally pulled it off.

It has alot of potential. Right now it's just too easy unless you play it on level 0 and never use your saber (unless you want it to be a slaughter).

This is the best AI I've seen with the Sith engine!

Kurgan

Archived