Home

Zone hates my MotS disc

Guest jedicamp

Guest jedicamp

I was wondering if anyone had the same problem I do when I try to load MotS in the Zone. It started this about the same time I bought it. I loaded it up and when I tried to go into the Zone, it would say that there was something wrong with it and not even let me go into my MotS program and stops me when I hit join. My JK disc works fine. Lesse, I think I bought and tried this when it first came out, and then just stopped trying. The reason why I'm asking now is I see someone else is having the same problem... Ah well, at least I can still play single player games on MotS. Thanks.

jedicamp

------------------

Friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you. - jedicamp

Guest Jedi Kenobi

That is strange. Try to go to the Mots cd and go to the resource folder. you will find a file like mots.cd (i don't know, there was one for jk) and put it in your mots directory (the main one. IE C:\MotS) you won't need a cd for anything except movies. I don't know if this will work. I just know it worked for jk.

------------------

obi_large.jpg

Jedi Kenobi

Jedi Knight

Guest Kurgan

As I recall, for like the first few months that I had MOTS, it didn't work on the Zone because it would insist that I "only had the demo version installed."

Make sure there is no trace of the MOTS demo no your system before doing it.

It's also possible that this was just a flaw in the Zone software that has been fixed.

Oh, and about playing MOTS without a CD, the only way to make it work properly is with a cracked EXE file, which is technically illegal to distribute here. If you do download a MOTS crack, be warry of virus infections, as some people were passing off infected EXEs some time back.

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited June 05, 2000).]

Guest jedicamp

thanks. I found a MOTS demo on my harddrive. after that, it worked. Thanks

jedicamp

------------------

Friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you. - jedicamp

Archived