Home

Graphics card

• 2 weeks later...

Last I looked the best was a 4600....besides, this was only 200. the cheapest 4600 was 350, and if there is a 4800 i can only imagine how much it will cost. Besides, I don't buy the topmost product. It's always cheaper a few months later and the difference in performance between mine and a 4600 is 3% (according tot eh nVidia website). besides, I'm getting a new comp next spring for graduation.

if you buy a GeForce 4 4200, get Leadtek A250....

not only does it look great, it's also has the best cooling, so you can give it a nice additional boast that'll show a 4400....

Galaxies is developed in conjunction with NVidia, so it will include support for future NVidia cards to ensure it doesn't look dated in some years...

Com_Raven, I was thinking about getting the X-Micro 4200 64MB DDR which is currently priced at AU$325. The Leadtech you speak of is priced at AU$365. Both have a games pack and I'm not going to overclock however. I don't want to overclock because it can reduce the life of your card and I want this card to last 2 to 3 years.

Nothing could get much worse than what I'm running now. I think its the slowest card with hardware T'n'L.

I suppose things are different for each country. I did however look into the games pack of the LeadTek and it include Aquanox, some rally game, blackthorne, and some other games carnival thing( probably shareware stuff). That sounds like a pretty solid package there.

I can't however, find out what the X-Micro Impact Ti 4200 gamepack contains. If anyone knows that would be great if you could say because I'm very interested.

A few more dollars for a few more games sounds well worth it.

BTW, the leadtek one here was originally priced at AU$419 then a few weeks ago went down to AU$399 and a few days ago went down to AU$365. These cards are getting cheap fast which is a change for me.

Do you know what the Sampler is? Is it demo's of games or what?

Also, I found out that the X-Micro game bundle includes Ballistics and Codename: Outbreak. I found this out by accident by following a link to sharkyextreme. I didn't like the bundle but I've looked at the gameds at pc.ign.com and they look fine to me. :)

So basically, I won't mind getting either card. However, keep in mind that the X-Micro is cheaper. ;)

Originally posted by Com Raven

128 MB ram is a waste of money, as it is slower than 64 mb due to ram cycling...

will just start to be useful as soon as devs assume 128 mb to be a given...

Depends on the card you buy.

Some 64mb geforces blow 128's out of the water from what

you have said. But there are True 128's out there.

Chaintech's is the greatest I've seen, also its gold, for some

reason. Gold plated, yep, and its cost effcient, but I have to order

to get, and well I'm lazy.

Com_Raven, I think I'm going to go for the X-Micro. Ballistics and Code:Outbreak seem like pretty cool games, though Sharkyextreme didn't like them. They complained about cards coming with triple AAA title that everyone owns and then complained about the two games in the X-Micro card that not everybody owns but seem pretty cool (to me anyway).

Price is a big issue for me to. So saving a couple of dollars as well as getting a couple of games is pretty good for me. However, if I don't buy SWG I probably won't get a new card until KOTOR comes out. Even though I am tempted to get the card before that, plus I can see what else is coming out in my price range.

Also, some 128MB cards of the 4200 are at 64MB speeds but they are more expensive.

Archived