Home

Omg, this board is dead.

InfErnO

Yea, but I'm not talking about the cantina or racer board(btw, racer bored me very soon just like the most racing games) I'm talking about this board.

Well, I've voted for JK. I don't think it will ever leave the last spot though.

My favourite one is q3a actually. But unfortunately I'm a dumb little Star Wars fan and have to play Star Wars games, lol.

Btw, I've seen some of the latest Obi Wan Screenshots, the graphic engine looks really old compared to ut and q3a, just better than JK, that's it.

Oh, and hows about going to

http://user.sgic.fi/~tritoch/both/flash/main.html

(Vote for the zone on the mboard, hehe)

[This message has been edited by InfErnO (edited February 03, 2000).]

Guest Darth Kurgan

"Everyone" of course being five people who used to post every other minute. ; )

This forgets about the couple of people who join the boards every few days. If you're so worried about people leaving, then by all means, hunker behind your bunker!

Actually, JK has moved up two spots since it was added to the poll only a few days ago. It's now beating Tribes and "MUDs."

Hilariously, it's only one vote behind "Online Sucks" (lol). Keep those votes coming!

I like JK even though I'm not a fanatical SW fan. I don't even own that many LEC games (DF, Rebel Assault 2, JK/MOTS). I like it because it's innovative (even still is to some degree today), and fun, and holds my attention alot better than the majority of the competition. Yeah SW is cool, but it's only icing on the cake. If it was about sorceror Knights, or something, I'd still be a fan. ; )

Kurgan

• 2 weeks later...

Tribes sucks anyway, it soon gets boring as hell. You have to be in an organized group to play that game or else you get your ass kicked, no matter what you do. Most Tribes servers are empty now because of that. I don't want to join a clan for every game I play. And MUDs? Never heard of it. Lol.

[This message has been edited by InfErnO (edited February 19, 2000).]

Guest Darth Kurgan

MUDs (Multi User Dungeons) were among the first online RPG's ever created. They consist mostly of BBSs (Bulletin Board Servers) that allow members to log in and create characters, email each other, chat, and Role-play in real-time. Imagine a game like Ultima Oline or EverQuest, but with text only. It's simple enough that any computer can run them, but complex enough for the most hardcore RPGer. Except that the computer does the math for you. ; )

I'm not into MUDs myself, but they are really popular with alot of people at my university (I hadn't even heard of them until I came here almost three years ago). There are alot of people who are into them, and they are REALLY into them. They spend hours upon hours playing, and they can't stop saying good things about them.

So, while the "rest" of us cling to our polygon-laiden, colored lighting heavy, 3d accelerated games on our big expensive PC's and consoles, the MUDers click away on their keyboards and and have just as much fun. From what I hear there are thousands of MUDs, mostly with AD&D/Fantasy type themes, but there are ones for every occasion, even star wars.

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Darth Kurgan (edited February 22, 2000).]

Archived