Darth_Dactyl

is backstabbing lame or a fair move  

41 members have voted

1. 1. is backstabbing lame or a fair move

• lamers
    • fair move

Originally posted by Darth_Dactyl

is backstabbing for lamers or a completely fair move

(this is my first poll post so if it doesnt work u know why)

depends, if the person is abusing it running around backwards, etc turning around as you get there to use backstab

then it is a cheap move and lame

but then again, it is also easy to counter, giving you an easy kill

if they use it strategicly when it is needed, then it is a fair move

Originally posted by Jizuko

Well it depends, it's a good move if you use it like 1 time in the battle and not with pull or kick. But if you spamm it and use pull and/or kick to do it, its just lame.

Edit: Damn always someone first :)

hehe, took you that long to type that up?

I think that backstab is most appropriate for when you are being swamped by enemies.

Backstabs alone without pulling them down are ok too, because they are not hard to avoid. If you do get hit in this way then it is appropriate for both of you to say "ahhhh" in the same manner as someone would who points at your tie and then flicks your face when you look down.

slacker

It is a perfectly fair move as any other in this game. I utilize it plenty, always strategically. If I'm carrying the flag, and have an enemy chasing me down from behind, every single time I lead them into a narrow corridor, let them catch up, and stick it in their gut. It's a fair and lethal move for situations like this when regular saber fighting will do nothing but get you killed. As said above, and by me many times, it is not something that should be abused. That's where the "lameness" comes into effect. If the only way you attempt to get frags is by doing nothing but this move in every fight, LOL! I play everyday with a bunch of these spammers. My favorite server is probaby 4:1, spammer vs non spammer ratio. Everyone of these moves is avoidable, or counterable, just learn and fight, and then these people will see how lame and useless these moves really are. If everyone on both sides of this argument would just learn how to play the game, spamming would not exist.

Fight on, and have fun!

While i think its a fair move. Its spammed to death. A nice counter to it is (when down anyways) while your down, line up a nice sidekick and execute it as soon as your upright. That way u get to survive.. and take a little damage while your at it.

Originally posted by DarthCobra

While i think its a fair move. Its spammed to death. A nice counter to it is (when down anyways) while your down, line up a nice sidekick and execute it as soon as your upright. That way u get to survive.. and take a little damage while your at it.

Every time I play a damn game I *ALWAYS* see them spamming it.To tell you the truth, I think they are showoffs.They kinda remind me of commercials. Why do you want to do the kick?I think it would be better just to saber throw at them or grip or push or pull them off a ledge.Or Mind Control them and get in front of them and heavy attack slash them to death?I think saber throw is the best for them spammers! Oh, and If they abuse backstab, THEY ARE ALWAYS A n00b! :saberb::newbie:

Everytime I see one of these ppl. I always see a blue saber!

i think backstab is okay. I think most people just need to learn how to defend themselves against it. if someone wants to spam it, that just makes it easier to anticipate thier moves and kick them or whatever. If it wasnt backstab it would be that people spam kick to much. or that they dont swing thier saber enough when they fight.

I can't get the backstab to work that well anyhow. :(

For some reason most combo's and such never seem to work properly. :( I mean I read the manual and all, try and rehearse them all but for some reason most of the time even when I hit all the right keys in the right order my character will just be chopping forward like a dumbass. :(

Or it'll move but not slash or attack? Is it me or could I have a setting wrong or so? (I do use a wireless mouse but the batteries are new so. :p)

Any ideas on that? I'm not a very good lightsaber fighter but I should be decent enough still but I even loose to bots sometime. :( It's like I know what I want it to to do, I type/click that but for some reason it doesn't do it. :(:p

Everytime I see one of these ppl. I always see a blue saber!

Don't understand why having a blue colored saber makes you a newbie. If you are actually talking about the blue lightsaber STANCE , that is the only stance you can do a backstab with. Now if you didn't know this...I'd say you must be a nOOb:D . So what must we do with spammers? Show them that there moves are not as affective as they used to be. How do we do this? Everyone must know how to counter them. If they try to backstab them, and you kick them, they'll eventually have to give up. If they try to pull you down, and you have absorb on, they'll eventually give up. If they try to kick you, and you duck...again, they'll have to give up and find another approach.

Find the counters everyone, and slaughter the spammers!!! They will learn a good lesson.

Find the counters everyone, and slaughter the spammers!!! They will learn a good lesson.

i agree, find the counters and kick their ASSES!!!;)

and finding counters is pretty easy...quote from leelink about me

"he's a very tactical and thinking player"

that's because i think about all the counters and new counters, and ways to be more effective against everybody, not just spammers;)

I don't really think backstabbing is all that dishonorable. It is a totally legit move, though I have seen it used excessively from time to time (not that i would do anything like that.......:rolleyes:) However, I don't think people who complain about it being lame have any room to do so. Backstabbing or swiping leaves the attacker extremely open to counterattack. Simply stay away from their rear areas and hit them hard when they try to backstab. Easy as pie.

A totally unstopable or "finishing" move backstabbing is not. Avoid it you can, if a player has not mastered it. Excessive use of backstabbing, sign of arrogance and amateurism it is. A nice move for the battle though it is, as long as it is properly used. Not walking backwards...:yoda:

I think backstabbing sucks all the way. It is unblockable first of all and it has been abused by lamers for too long. I mean in duel, otherwise I don't see anything wrong with it.

But in duel, lamers use it so much that most ppl that are not lamers don't like it at all. The worst part is when you have no force in duel and have to face a backstabber, you can't kick him or do anything but run if you have low ping, otherwise you're dead.

Archived