Home

Confessions of a 'Pull Whore'

[HoD]Rochambeau

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey...I just thought I'd jump in here. Rochambeau started going how he always won atleast 2x the amount of frags as the next competitor....

What confuses me is that he also hates the waiting time in dueling..

So why the hell does he wait if he always wins? Since he's soo good he should be able to stay alive the whole time and not have to wait.

Anyways, I can see where he is coming from. I play the game competitively on numerous ladders and I use that move whenever the opportunity presents itself. In my opinion, there are two kinds of people, ass fighters, and backstabbers. assfighters see it as a CONSTANT opportunity to use the backstab, and therefore run around backwards while normal 'backstabbers' tend to position themselves so that their back will be in position for half a second, enough to employ the move. These type of people require skill to do, while ass fighters do not.

Well..jsut thoguht I'd contribute. talk to you all later.

Originally posted by Swingin'Baws

One other thing. Somebody mentioned something about how people get abusive over the NET. Nothing annoys me more than some guy getting abusive towards me just because I walk the games/continually kill them. If they met me in RL, im sure they'd think twice. Im 6'6", 17 stone, and quite simply, I wouldnt put up with it ;)

You can rest assured that if you abuse me during a game, I'll make a bee-line for you the whole match, and will make your game hell......

This is hilarious...some kid trying to sound tough? haha... If we met him in real life we'd think twice? hahahaha...You're just asking for a flame there. Swingin'Baws, how come I don't see you on top of any ladders? 1v1 nf ladders? 1v1 ff ladders? Dont' see you anywhere. Why don't you prove yourself to be good before you say you are good? lol, I am on his side about the backstab, but he was not handling that the correct way.

6'6, 17 stone..wow...I'm 5'7, asian, and hold a .45 caliber. Let's see if you can take a bullet. idiot.

I don't play on servers because of my 56k-dom. I lag so badly I'm dead before my saber's fully extended. :swear:

I rarely use pull, except for when the st00pid bots run away from me. I only use back-stab/-sweep when someone gets behind me.

I have no problem with absorb. It may counter every offensive Force move barring saber-throw but it guzzles the Force-bar. I like that when absorb's in passive mode it's invisible but when someone attacks with lightning the blue aura appears. Why be afraid of something that reduces your offensive capabilties to saber? It's not like light Jedi can drain/lightning/grip you. I guess it could factor into ledge-type levels...

Whoring the same move is bad. lol, it truly is unhealthy. You'll get RSI, :nut:

Anyway,

That's all I have to say about that.

:yobi:

[HoD]Rochambeau

I have one word "BRAVO" I couldn't have said it better myself.

There are special circumstances under which I will pull backstab

anytime during a ladder match

if someone is using lightning (I dont use absorb, so by not backstabbing I am signing my own death warrant)

If someone is using heal or drain (I dont use heal and refuse to fight twice as hard to kill someone because they think backstab is lame)

someone runs away. (I dont feel like chasing you all over the map)

and my favorite is...... Someone is spamming DFA or light finisher.

one question, do you have fun doing this?

one last question

do you plan on having fun everytime you do this, on your 10000th pull/backstab do you think it will still be fun?

ArtifeX was good at using pull/backstab...he left the game because he got tired of it

to those who do not know how to counter this stupid strategy read this page, the secret is in absorb...using it effectively

http://jkhq.ath.cx/absorbguide.php

you may think absorb doesn't take skill, but it does if you want to use it effectively (don't understand what i'm talking about? read the guide, you'll see)

to those who said that pull whore and skill don't belong in the same sentence....artifex was a pull whore...everybody loved him..either that or hated him with a passion

Hehehe....

niiice :)

Using dirty tricks against peeps who can't play is my favourite hobbie :p

Stupid grip idiots -> Absorb; red stance; push/pull

Idiotic lightning b00ns -> Absorb; yellow; push/pull; slash slash

nogood drain morons -> look at the two above ;)

I'm not fond of the dark side... All it does it stealing my FPS :( And I hate it!

:D

you forgot one

stupid pull idiots.....absorb on as soon as you get close, kick, attack....turn of absorb when you get far away, repeat;)

works quite well;)

and dark is ok, works well for surprising if you've been doing absorb and protect and then all of a sudden you blast em with lightning

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

you forgot one

stupid pull idiots.....absorb on as soon as you get close, kick, attack....turn of absorb when you get far away, repeat;)

works quite well;)

and dark is ok, works well for surprising if you've been doing absorb and protect and then all of a sudden you blast em with lightning

Kepp that in mind, thanks ;)

I forgot... There is one thing I like about *cue scary music* the dark side.. Dark Rage.... Those "n00bs" running around thinking their'e invincible.... Jump, jump, jump, jump, jump until the rage wears away and saber throw the bit*h to death :)

I always find myself laughing loudly when that happens :D

I have an idea......all you people saying he's skilless think about this. We play the game to win. You can play the game for fun...but then don't expect to win. I play every match I go on to win. Please don't impose the reasons you play this game on others. Go play for fun. If we kill you simple you died. It's not my fault you are not playing to win.

Backstabbing is skilless. Running in blue/yellow backwards all day does not take skill. Yet, the people that complain and whine saying its skilless are the ones getting killed by it. I'm not. Why? Try and backstab someone who's kicking you. Kick will win every time. Try and pull someone who's kicking you. If the kicker times it right, wow look, free damage. Pull/backstab is but a means to win. If you are not countering my pull/backstab combo, there is absolutely no reason for me to change tactics on you. PERIOD. If you have no skill to counter it (pull/backstab is the fastest kill) then I will not change my tactics.

You say it has no skill, yet you do not have enough skill to beat it. I say if YOU had skill, you might realize how to beat it. And then you might fight the pull/backstabber has changed his tactics next time he fights you.

Another tactic? Sabre throw, force pull before it hits, run and kick at same time. Beats a kicker. Wow look, I have a move that beats backstab, and I have another combo that beats a kicker and also does very nice guaranteed damage. Hmmmmm, mebbe if I bothered to learn something instead of whining all day about how little skill the person that's WINNING is, and learned how to actually play the damn game, I might realize pull/backstab is usually just the surface of skill.

You say it has no skill, yet you do not have enough skill to beat it. I say if YOU had skill, you might realize how to beat it. And then you might fight the pull/backstabber has changed his tactics next time he fights you.

i can beat it, i do it all the time against leelink when he feels like playing cheap:P

Sigh, I think you know I mean the people that die constantly to pull/backstab but still call you a skilless whore. If you can beat me, and you call me a skilless whore, obviously I would shut the hell up. I'm generalizing people here.

Originally posted by Yoojin

Sigh, I think you know I mean the people that die constantly to pull/backstab but still call you a skilless whore. If you can beat me, and you call me a skilless whore, obviously I would shut the hell up. I'm generalizing people here.

bad bad, generalization=bad....i'm always called one of the people who goes on a server and is one of these people...because i fit in the 12-15 age category (14) and it's quite annoying

Ok well then, lemme spell it out for you. It's a post meant for the people who die, and then bitch about it. There generalization gone. If you are going to gripe about semantics then please keep it to yourself. There is enough noise on these threads as it is. Lets keep these posts as free of petty arguments as possible. I get enough of that **** on the servers

Whatever you want to call it, it doesnt matter. If you must conistently use the same move over and over again to achieve your goal of winning, then so be it. But when you find the game not nearly as much fun as it was way back in the day, then you shouldn't complain. I think honestly that it really bothers you that you have to use the same move over and over again, otherwise you wouldnt have made a post about how you feel its alright. Taking the agressive action here and starting verbal fights is pretty lame. Grow up.

I must say I have been flaming pull/sweep whores for some time now because I personally fail to see how someone can have fun using the same move over and over again but [HoD]Rochambeau has made me think.

Yes the point of the game is to have fun but some people do have fun by winning. To do that then you must use the best tactics and pull/sweep seems to work best. It does spoil the fun for alot of people but as alot of you have said, learn to adapt to it, use absorb, kick or whatever, stop whining. If it annoys you that much then do something about it, seek these people out and kill them. If you lack the skill to do that, don't whine, get better!

I play ffa alot and would have to admit I use lightning alot! How is that different to pull/sweep? In fact, it requires less skill - unless they are a scripter.

If you are sick and tired of pull/sweep and you can't counter it then play NF servers. Why should I you all shout, because as long and pull/sweep is a one hit kill, it will get spammed.

Originally posted by Dark Begger

hey...I just thought I'd jump in here. Rochambeau started going how he always won atleast 2x the amount of frags as the next competitor....

What confuses me is that he also hates the waiting time in dueling..

So why the hell does he wait if he always wins? Since he's soo good he should be able to stay alive the whole time and not have to wait.

How clever my Dark Begger (did that rhyme or was it just me) :eyeraise:

Twins Of Doom speaking on pull/backstab

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

i can beat it, i do it all the time against leelink when he feels like playing cheap:P

Hey, I'm not cheap ; )

Seriously though, and I am sure Twins knows this as we have played quite a bit, I will play to win and if that means pull and backstab or any other move that might be cheap (pull and saber throw, hehe) so be it. For me its fun because I know only the really good adaptive players are going to give me a challenge. Thats what makes the game fun for me is someone who is going to think about thier strategy and not just rush me with force powers and thier saber flying everywhere. Twins Thinks when he plays and if everyone else did the same we would have so many people backstabing. I dont backstab much when I play twins now because he has adapted so well to my playing style, its not worth my force to try the move.

Originally posted by <>Phant0m<>

I got halfway and decided that having a \/\/ank would b more interesting than listening 2 this self rightous f00l that belives hes the best in the world, cus he uses a move thats an 1 hit wonder.

YES,totally my thinking!

Originally posted by <>Phant0m<>

I got halfway and decided that having a \/\/ank would b more interesting than listening 2 this self rightous f00l that belives hes the best in the world, cus he uses a move thats an 1 hit wonder.

YES, that´stotally my thinking!:p

Archived