Home

JK2++ Beta 2 Testers Needed

WD_Rage

Originally posted by QuietSith

"Disruptor

Not sure if it's possible, but movement with scope zoom enabled. "

Wouldn't that lead to sniper whoring?

not if you have to hold "walk" at the same time... I had wanted the system from RTCW for sniping... DL the mpdemo of that for what I mean....

Ah do you mean the sniper sway?

aye, thats the thing... if you had this, walking and perhaps having charged blasts cut thru walls, like one released mod, would not be so bad...

in that game sniping took some thinking... but its FUN!

how about more ideas for sniping? does anyone know if there is a "lay on your belly" animation? that would be really cool.

the otherthing I wish was diffirent, is the zooming... I HATE the default zoom methed... I much prefer the "when in scope mode, mousewheel controls zoom" methed... anyone know if this is hardcoded, or part of the bind list? I think its coded, cos I tried to change this in the cfg files... alas... no dice...

can you tell sniping is my fav gameplay mode?...;) force seeing rocks!:D

We'll see about turning on dismemberment. In the past it has been buggy and very, very crash prone. I haven't tried it since 1.02.

As for sniping, most of everything is hard-coded. Our plans for mobility will be to make the sniper walk. As for making it work different, that would require a client-side download, which we are trying to stay away from.

As for the forces, they are more like 1.03 than 1.02. The only thing we pulled out of the 1.02 playbook was running while gripping.

"Is there anyway to weaken the backstab even further?

It's still a spammable move.. and annoying."

It should be possible (I haven't really tried to find it) to weaken backstab more. It should take about 2 hits now, and since pull is much harder to pull someone down with, the pull/backstab is not anything what it was. Every saber stance has a higher damage rate, so naturally special moves will be much higher in damage than the unedited source code. As far as spamming it concerned, when I've seen someone trying the backstab, I just nail them with a heavy stance hit. If that doesn't kill them, one swing from a light will take them out. I will look into the special move damage.

From what I've played of GSD, I'm not overjoyed. Even with sabertracefirst at 0, too much blocking occurs. Granted moves that were useless such as the diagonaly up strong slashes are now useful, the duels just take waaaaay too long. I'm all for nerfing bs, but there has got to be a better way.

I believe WD are the first guys to compile the source code - they called it 1.03a.

Yes, we were the first. We used 1.03a because that is the version found in the code.

Darth Kaan, any real mod (anything built with the source code - this does not include the many "mods" released before the source code) is based upon the 1.03a (or in your words: unofficial 1.04) code.

QuietSith, as for those changes......what changes? All that I see is the addition to some variables in the .cfg (of which I am learly to envoke due to their past performance both in bandwidth and in stability). If performance under GSD (which I am assuming you want added) has considerably approved, then we might consider adding them.

On an added note, we may be beefing up the electro-gun (the official name eludes me at the moment). It, like the disruptor, was an extremely useless gun. I will also be expanding the firing time between shots for the disruptor (it is still too fast).

What do you mean by main JK2 directories? Like gamedata, base, etc?

Well, if he has access to base only, he can use the .pk3 file (the instructions are in the .zip file of the download).

If he has access to the gamedata (which most will have access to - which, btw, contains the base directory) he can still use the .pk3. Or, he can extract the .qvm file from the .pk3 (winzip will do it) and put it in the following path:

/jk2pp/vm/jk2mpgame.qvm

With jk2pp as a sibling directory to base. All he would have to do is add the +set fs_game jk2pp to the executable and he's in business.

I'm not that good at explaining, so if any of this seems confusing have him email me: rage@wdonline.com

The web server that we rent from lets us ftp right into what is essentially the gamedata directory. If he goes the .pk3 route, all he has to do is follow the directions. Those with auto-download enabled will download the .pk3. Anyone else will not notice anything.

Archived