Home

Jedi Knight 2. Your thoughts?

Guest Boba Rhett

Guest Boba Rhett

The first thing I thought when I saw the news was, {Chris Farley voice} OH MY FREAKING GOOOWWWWSSHH!!!!!{Chris Farly voice}

But do you think it'll really pan out? I sure hope so. And if it does, do you think it'll be editable? If it isn't, I don't think many would stick with Jedi Knight 1 and that Jedi Knight 2 would die pretty fast. frown.gif

------------------

Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand

[This message has been edited by Boba Rhett (edited February 20, 2001).]

Guest Garindan

if it's editable, then good. if it's not, well, who cares. The Phantom Menace isn't editable (yet), and i still like it. so, if jk2 is really being made, then good. Although it would make alot of money if they allow it to be editable.

Guest Boba Rhett

It would make sooooooooo much more money and be around for soooooooooo much longer if it was editable. The Phantom menace wasn't editable and it's already dead. Besides, even if TPM was editable I wouldn't do it wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Boba Rhett (edited February 20, 2001).]

Hey, all I can say is, if this is true, I hope it pans out, because this is their (whomever decides to develop it) chance to get it right (a true sequel to JK).

Hey, I hope a few things happen, namely

1) It actually comes out.

2) It's for the PC (if it gets ported to other systems later, fine, but quality shouldn't be compromised so it can be a console release)

3) Editing would be nice, but if it is going to be like the editing for Obi-Wan was going to be, that's fine. A better game that's harder to edit is better than a weaker game that's easier to edit, IMHO. I'd rather buy a good game first, not merely an "engine."

4) They get some of the talent who worked on DarkForces/JK/MotS to at least help out or oversee it, that always helps.

5) Whomever it is takes their time and makes a good, fun game, that's released sometime in the next decade.

I am pretty excited by the news, but I will keep my excitement in check until I get official word from LEC. So don't anybody start flaming LEC over it or anything, let's just see what happens... hopefully something good, fairly soon. ; )

Kurgan

I just hope if DF3 doesn't the light of day we won't have people whinning like they did for Obi-Wan. I do not want to go thru another period like that.

Editing in TPM would be kewl!

I think one of Kurgan's points is the most important one:

Let me bold this and put it in caps so LEC see it... Please pay attention makers of games at LEC:

TAKE YOUR TIME MAKING GAMES

I don't give a monkey's ass (hi pb!) if you take 5 years to make it... PLEASE MAKE IT BUG/ERROR FREE! I hate playing a game and having it screw up millions of times b/c of stupid bugs in it. That's my only complaint with TPM. I've had to start over a few levels b/c of it screwing up. So please I beg you: don't release a game unless it has been well tested.

Thank you smile.gif

------------------

You can do it your own way

Just as long as it's done just how I say...

And if.. perchance LEC does release it and it has bugs, for goodness sake PATCH IT, please! Thanks. ; )

Jedi Knight II: Dark Forces 3

Confused yet? ; )

Kurgan

Um, just a nitpick, but wasn't MotS billed as Jedi Knight II?

Dark Forces

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Jedi Knight II: Mysteries of the Sith

So technically, this would be Jedi Knight III: Dark Forces III. rolleyes.gif

Maybe they're just planning to remake/retcon MotS. Which would be a good thing, story-wise.

------------------

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb

Um, just a nitpick, but wasn't MotS billed as Jedi Knight II?

As far as I know, no.

MotS was the "addon pack" the "Jedi Knight companion missions" but nothing beyond that...

Kurgan

Guest paulbarnard

You're all wrong.

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Star Wars: Dark Forces II Jedi Knight

Star Wars: Mysteries of the Sith, Addon Campaign to Jedi Knight

So this one would have to be

Star Wars: Dark Forces III Jedi Knight II if you want to get really picky about it.

Why would it be Jedi Knight II?

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight

Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Mysteries of the Sith mission add-ons

Star Wars: Dark Forces III: Jedi Master smile.gif or something... It doesn't need to be the Jedi Knight title... So basically everyone is still wrong... EXCEPT ME *EVIL LAUGH!*

------------------

You can do it your own way

Just as long as it's done just how I say...

Guest Boba Rhett

The second half of that sentance sounded waaayyyyy dirtier than the first part. *jumps out of gutter and runs away*

------------------

I live here ya know.

Guest paulbarnard

If Jedi Knight II is some how made into a prequel game (like that News summary hints at) I will BUY FLOWERS FOR LEC AND SING THEM A SONG, maybe even Lucas himself!!!!

Kyle and Jan weren't born yet, and if they were, they're just infants.

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited February 26, 2001).]

Guest Boba Rhett

If JK2 is made into a prequel game, make sure you don't finish Lucas off before I get a chance to TAKE HIM OUT TO DINNER! mad.gif

------------------

I live here ya know.

Guest paulbarnard

I misspoke. Went to the LEC site and found nothing. Thinking that the news writers here were on smack, I re-read and saw that was an add-on level. For that I apologize.

But as said before, If Dark Forces 3 is a pre-quel game, LEC will have a line of people wanting to POLITELY DISAGREE WITH THEM.

Archived