Home

Saber disappearing after throw (in 1.03a)

els.DarkLord

Ok, this is a problem, i get every now and then on my duel server which runs a 1.03a/1.04 MOD, because i couldn't stand all those let's say "peple who like certain exploits in 1.03" anymore.

And it is much more fun to me now, only problem is that:

Occasionally the saber simply gets lost after/during a saber throw. It would simply fly through a wall and disappear. Only to respawn several minutes later back in the users hand.

So my question: Has anyone faced this problem before? And propably knows what is causing it? Or someone who might even know /if it is a bug in the source code) how to fix it???

This is the only thing that is holding me back from some great fights now and then.

I don't know what the problem is .. but the problem is not isolated to 1.03a/1.04 MOD (whatever that may be). I've seen a few times that people in normal servers lose the saber after a throw, so whatever it is, it is in the original code.

I see.

It was just the first time i saw this happen *so* often... maybe the ghuol2 setting even supports this bug? (Since it *is* possible to knock saber out of the air with ghoul2).. arr, thats sad...

the duel_temple level e.g. can be hardly played at all :( had this a couple of times on duel_training as well, but somehow duel_hangar was fine so far.. don't know :/ if anyone finds a sollution..... ;)

Usually it's laying around somewhere.

I've seen a guy lose his and find it and get it again.

Wierd, but it does happen.

People wanted the game more like SP - well now you can lose your saber too.

Does the 1.04 mod take care of assfighting - backstabs?

If so, is it server side - and where do you get it?

Well i have yet to see it lying on the floor. For me it always disapeared after flying right through the next wall....

As for the 1.04 MOD/Patch: Yes it takes care of assfighting amongst other issues.

Here you get MY 1.03a+ MOD (1.03a is identical wit the so called "1.04").

http://www.deadhand.com/download/v103a_plus.zip

MY MOD additionally tweaks two thinks: kick does NO damage, throw does less damage and needs more force power.

detailed readme here:

http://www.deadhand.com/download/v103a_plus_readme.html

(I don't have links at hand for unchanged versions of 1.03a. Just look around a bit if you'd rather like to have those ones)

And for the saber throw issue:

It happens rather often now.... thats not good. has anyone a clue how to fix it?

Maybe make sabers *undroppable* again? Or fix the amount of time it would take to come back to ... let's say 3 seconds?

I mean i like the idea that the saber is actually dropable like in SP, but it should not be *LOST* forever ;)

Anyhelp would be great :/

• 4 weeks later...

Archived