Home

Has anybody beaten this(jk) on the hard setting?

Guest Garindan

Guest Garindan

I'm trying to, i'm still on the first level, i keep getting killed. I like how they added more enemies, i'm going to try to go the whole way through on the hard setting (the falling ship had better be easy...)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kurgan

Actually I've never finished the game completely on Hard difficulty. Not because it was too tough, I just ran out of freetime. I plan to finish it though someday.

I've beaten MotS on hard, but I didn't get all the secrets (I think I missed half of them). So I need to play through that part again. ; )

My goal was to start from the beginning, use the quicksave feature sparingly if at all possible, playing on Hard (with AI tweaks running), and getting all the secrets. Unfortunately, there are one or two secrets on a few of the later levels that I never seem to locate (like on level 9 for instance) and instead of pouring over all the walkthoughs, I just gave up and continued playing. I haven't beaten it yet, but I haven't been playing it (too busy with other things).

But it's great..

Kurgan

Guest Boba Rhett

Were the heck ya been Kurgan?! Oh, and be on the lookout for x-blade. He's looking for trouble and frankly, he scares me...

------------------

I live here ya know.

stabhead.gif

Guest Tycho_Celchu

Yep, beat the whole thing on easy and hard, being both dark and light. I didn't bother to look for the secrets, though.

Guest oninosensi

T/TAB/kick Jedi SuperBuen

Didn't I do this already?

------------------

The Master is Back

with a vengence

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

Heck yes. I've beat it on hard so many times that I and play the whole game without saving or dying. I have had to invent new ways to play just to make it challenging.

Try the all weapons cheat code and use only the saber for the whole game. There is nothing more creepy than standing your ground in front of a Kell Dragon, Swatting it with your saber, and quickly moving outta the way. Or running up on a Rail Gunning Storm Trooper, jumping over his charges and killing him before he hits you.

Happy Gaming.

Guest oninosensi

Or just get JED and quadruple the number of enemies on the level, and make sure there is a dark jedi or two per level slow you down. biggrin.gif

------------------

The Master is Back

with a vengence

Guest Boba Rhett

Or just tweak the ais and cogs so the are very accurate and heal themselves.

MEWHOHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!

------------------

I calculated the odds that this would work versus the odds that I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Originally posted by JediKnight_114:

Try the all weapons cheat code and use only the saber for the whole game.

I've done that.

My trick: all weapons cheat, all Force powers cheat (Light & Dark, at full power).

Try to get through the game like a Jedi would; lightsaber only, avoiding/disarming enemies wherever possible, minimal civillian casualties (i.e., none). Best to have some way to keep a body count (not just of civillians, but of enemies too).

The goal is to finish the game with the lowest number of deaths. Naturally, Jedi are prepared to kill if necessary. Thing is, most of the time, it's not necessary.

Force-pulling weapons out of enemy hands is a remarkably useful skill. The only enemies that you can't disarm (AT-STs, droids, kells, and grenade throwers) can usually be avoided, tricked, or outrun.

Remember, every time you fight, you risk losing; it's always best to use stealth and speed to avoid "meaningless" combat.

Cut off the head, and the body will wither.

------------------

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb

Guest Boba Rhett

I got bored tonight so I put this together. It make almost all the enemies harder. If it's not hard enough I'll make a new one. To use it, just run it in patch commander.

http://www.geocities.com/boba_rhett/SuperHard.zip

------------------

I calculated the odds that this would work versus the odds that I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Guest oninosensi

Care to explain what it does, for those of use to lazy, er, busy to look?

------------------

The Master is Back

with a vengence

Guest Boba Rhett

Well, right now it just increases There sight,hearing,following,some aiming,and turning. It doesn't increase the speed of shots or anything like that yet. smile.gif

------------------

Guest Garindan

oh c'mon rhett, you should increase their firepower!!! make it so it shoots like that assassin droid in the alpha version of the arena!!!

Heck yes. I've beat it on hard so many times that I and play the whole game without saving or dying. I have had to invent new ways to play just to make it challenging.

JediKnight_114: I know how that feels. I've played JK on the Hard setting in just about every way I can think of, in 1st person, 3rd person, with just the lightsaber and/or force powers. I even limited myself to the Bryar pistol on one occasion...until the ammo ran out, that is... smile.gif

I think there were only one or two places where I could not get to the secret areas.

I'm still aiming to complete the game having got to ALL secret areas...

------------------

----[] So be it...Jedi []----

Guest JediKnight_114[b]

Hey StormHammer, what Secrets are you having trouble finding. I know the levels by heart, so I might be able to help.

------------------

The Force will be with you...Always.

Archived