Home

Watching a MASTER!!

Dark_ZONE

Yes I know what they are, what he's trying to use is an ellipses but it's being so grossly overused it makes it hard to read what he's trying to say.

People don't make "dramatic pauses" a dozen times in a single segment of conversation.

So doing it in a typed medium simply detracts from the points he's trying to make, and again, makes it painful to read.

bah, NF servers that allow jump level 2+ end up as soccer matches. It's all a race to who can kick who first down to the floor (or who screws up with a missed kick trying to spam it too often :p).

NF servers that allow saber throw are boomerang matches. roll and throw..... roll and throw.... *falls over* And no, I don't mean roll and throw at random :p When they swing, roll and throw. They don't swing, you don't either. "fun"

And of course, the NF server that allows nothing.... who's got the best backstab/lightlunge out of everyone :p

Oh well, I'll stick with ctf and gun servers ;)

Blank

Originally posted by mythren

Those weren't exactly sentences, and, while he was using periods, they weren't used in that sense. It's hard for me to explain, mainly because I'm not that bright, but here's an example of what I believe he was trying to achieve, but overdid it just a tad:

I think, therefor I am....er....yeah....

See? :)

-Mythren...at work...with nothing better to do...

P.S. I'm a dotuser to the extreme, too...I do, however, attempt to use them as properly as possible, not to imply that you weren't, but I try to myself. :)

actually those are "elispses" and they work in groups of three like so...

I've fallen...and I can't get up.

or AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH...

Originally posted by Low Rent

actually those are "elispses" and they work in groups of three like so...

I've fallen...and I can't get up.

or AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH...

HA! I knew there was a word for them...and I try to use them in 3-dot patterns (as shown just a few words ago :) ), but sometimes I get off and whack the key 4 times instead of 3...but not usually less than 3.

Interesting discussion this is turning into. :)

I only commented on it because the broken sentence structure made it a pain to figure out what the poster was trying to say.

Which makes it irritating to talk about jk2, and if you can't talk about jk2 on a jk2 forum well then there's a problem, isn't there?

Originally posted by Xzzy

I only commented on it because the broken sentence structure made it a pain to figure out what the poster was trying to say.

OMG, U just have got to be kidding right???? :ewok:

I thought I needed to get a life but this is pure.gold

I read it NPz, but maybe that's because i'm severly mentally challenged.....woz yo excuse?

OMG= OH MY GOD

U= You

NPz= No problem*z*

woz= what's

yo= your

?= ? :D

As usual no pun intended.......though it might be hard to counter :)

Originally posted by intoxictd

I thought Jedi Masters were supposed to be versatile. Don't know, maybe I'm just stupid. Then again, the Emperor was a lightening spammer.

That's were it all started!!!!

That makes you think... Why didn't Yoda teach Luke Absorb?

What was this thread about again? I forgot...hehehe

(there, only used it twice):D

BTW-why do most everyone on these forums like to flame N00bs? Wasn't everyone a N00b at one time? It seems like once you pass a certain level, you forget what fun it was when you first discovered this game! I am a N00b and will tell anyone, I don't care. I love this game and am still amazed everytime I see something new. It seems some people are quick to jump in and flame ya...oh well (dang, used it three times:eek: )

And thats my 2 cents, for what its worth.

Peace :band:

Originally posted by livingsacrifice

What was this thread about again? I forgot...hehehe

(there, only used it twice):D

BTW-why do most everyone on these forums like to flame N00bs? Wasn't everyone a N00b at one time? It seems like once you pass a certain level, you forget what fun it was when you first discovered this game! I am a N00b and will tell anyone, I don't care. I love this game and am still amazed everytime I see something new. It seems some people are quick to jump in and flame ya...oh well (dang, used it three times:eek: )

And thats my 2 cents, for what its worth.

Peace :band:

Um - 5 times including your sig :).

That, however, is not the point! There is a distinct differance (although not many know about it) between "newbie" and "n00b". A "newbie" is simply a new player to a certain game, and is willing - even eager in some cases - to learn about the game; most of these usually become respected members of a game community. On the other hand, "n00bs" are new players (or sometimes just idiots) that refuse to learn, think they know everything, flame a lot, and show general idiotic behavior.

You, livingsacrifice, are no "n00b". You may be a "newbie" (if even that, as you may be much better), but that at least indicates your willingness to learn.

P.S. Check that out! The entire post (not including my sig!) without a single 3-dot (they're call 3-dots now!)

Originally posted by mythren

Um - 5 times including your sig :).

That, however, is not the point! There is a distinct differance (although not many know about it) between "newbie" and "n00b". A "newbie" is simply a new player to a certain game, and is willing - even eager in some cases - to learn about the game; most of these usually become respected members of a game community. On the other hand, "n00bs" are new players (or sometimes just idiots) that refuse to learn, think they know everything, flame a lot, and show general idiotic behavior.

You, livingsacrifice, are no "n00b". You may be a "newbie" (if even that, as you may be much better), but that at least indicates your willingness to learn.

P.S. Check that out! The entire post (not including my sig!) without a single 3-dot (they're call 3-dots now!)

Well you can classify me now as a Newbie . . A person who is new to the game and is still learning.

Now I don't think it was that WONDERFUL a move. I can now give as good as I get in this game . . I am still very much a Padawan, but there have been quite a lot of wonderful peeps that have taken the time to say "hold it . . stop. Try this instead.:)" . . and when I do . . I learn something new. I have added a few great moves to my arsenal of JEDI martial ARTS, and now I can usually be found in the top three slots. Look for me as my Light side name "RONIN{VAL}" and I will, in turn, look for you.

It's great learning new stuff in the game isn't it? :)

I read the manual very carefully and practiced before I went online so I was never actually referred to as a newbie or anything... (whoop, there it is) Although one of the first things I was called in the game I joined was "a good player". That really surprised me since I had been online for about 5 mins and had spent about 10-20 mins practicing first :D

Since then I have been reffered to as a "great player", a "good challenge", "unbeatable" (I'm not even kidding with that one) and the one I was most suprised by "Lamer"... (whoop, there it is again) That was quicly taken care of though when I asked him why and he said "cause I can't beat you" :). This is not simply to boost my ego, seriously. Some people are just lucky enough to go past that time of "newbieness" fairly quicly.

There is one person I was in awe of though. I can't remember his nick but I just couldn't beat him in a nf, nk saber only duel. He didn't script as far as I could tell, he was just that good. Now that was a great experience for me, seeing a great player that didn't lame, spam, whatever you want to call it and didn't kick. Just a magnificent player that owned you no matter what you did. Figured him out later though and whuped his azz :p

Originally posted by Blank1234

bah, NF servers that allow jump level 2+ end up as soccer matches. It's all a race to who can kick who first down to the floor (or who screws up with a missed kick trying to spam it too often :p).

NF servers that allow saber throw are boomerang matches. roll and throw..... roll and throw.... *falls over* And no, I don't mean roll and throw at random :p When they swing, roll and throw. They don't swing, you don't either. "fun"

And of course, the NF server that allows nothing.... who's got the best backstab/lightlunge out of everyone :p

Oh well, I'll stick with ctf and gun servers ;)

Blank

actually, no...on the .[JHQ].NF.SaberOnly, i have yet to see a major kick war

maybe that's because i kick anybody who only kicks because they are just a boring fight and i warn them first:D

Archived