Home

beta test: butterfly, cartwheel, new saber styles...

MasterD-LeyAmas

I'd like to get some feedback on a mod I've released, called Jedi Moves, on JediKnightII.net. It replaces the rolls with cartwheels and butterflys, makes you jump differently, and replaces two of the saber styles. I posted this same message awhile ago, but I figured that this heading would get some more attention, so please, go check it out, let me know what you think, any suggestions, or any bugs you might find in the mod. Consider this a formal invite for anyone to beta test it (even though I've technically done it already).

:ben::saberb:

I checked out your mod.

I dug the cartwheels and the jumping. I've never liked the butterfly, at all. Personally, I'd prefer the standard backwards summersault (sp?).

I especially liked holding the saber up while walking. Nice.

May just be me, but it seemed like the saber moves were VERY sluggish, especially on "blue". It felt more like yellow while I was playing. Did you change the animation speeds or anything?

Also, I noticed a couple of the reborns (acrobat, I think) acting weird. Specifically, they were trying to do a butterfly, but only their torso was moving. Their legs just remained in a standing, or walking, position. If you can imagine, it was quite unsettling to watch. Very unnatural.

That's all I noted. Drop me any future releases here.

I I think the mod is great! My only gripe is the butterfly move being the back crouch. In my opinion the handspring back flip thing is better for going backwards. Maybe perhaps have the right side the cartwheel and the left side the butterfly move. Anyways, that all I have to say. The mod is great, and as you can see a lot of people agree (it is on the most d/w list).

• 2 weeks later...

Im having trouble 'installing' the mod.I have 1.03 and 1.04 updates,but when i unzip and run the .bat file,assets3 and 4 are not in my dir.what am i not doing.I think the idea is very cool and would like to try it.Any help would be appreciated.

Personally I've had both versions of this MOD and I dig the BUTTERFLY flip. It's sweet when you are using CHESHIRE'S Maul and do it. But I do like the normal walk. I was gonna get your basic's MOD but the attacks weren't INFINITELY chainable <i like that>. But any ways keep 'em comin and I'l keep gettin them.

Archived