ET Warrior

Hello there. I'm very pleased about the amount of interest there was in

voting for the outcome of the PLO KOON robe dilemma 'pool'. I've worked in

the game industry for around five years now and in all that time do you know

how many times the public (the people who we are making the games for) get a

chance to voice their opinion? Zero times. Well, not in this case. This

model is for you folks, 100%. With that said I'm happy to announce that the

official winner is NO ROBES!. But wait...for all of those who voted ROBED

(I am one of you), don't be to upset I have something for you...

http://www.geocities.com/plokoonimages/shot5.txt

http://www.geocities.com/plokoonimages/shot6.txt

...I jumped the gun a bit on Friday and predicted a ROBED vote, well my

mistake, your benefit. Enjoy.

BTW: Just to be clear on this, he is still going to model the unrobed version, so we get the best of both worlds:)

Well that was the latest word from the maker of Plo Koon. And the polycount comes in below specs at 2,991 polys. Simply Amazing!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

imust say Kinja that is very good, give my respect to your "master" for me if you can, thanks again for helping me out and giving me some advice in my thread really appreciated it, im gonna try to learn GMAX as milkshape is out of its expirery date even wiv a new downloaded one :S

keep up you moddeling as you'll probably be part of a massive project oneday, ur friend could have made models for "Morrowind" it looks so good,

cya anyway thanks again,

craig xx

Whoo hoo! Robed Plo Koon looks great!!! I'm very happy he's decided to do both versions, everyone should be happy :D

Later today, I'll try some more voice recordings, and I'll try some different effects too, see if theres anything you guys like more.

Ahhhh!! Holy crap! With so much detail in the face...and the perfect curves, and those hands... ::drool:: ...and he made this in what, a day and a half? Who does this guy work for? I mean...if only every model in jedi outcast could be that awsome. We gotta get a cash pool together and get this guy working on another model after plo is done :D He is quite worthy of the title "Messiah of Modeling."

I agree with bradfu, hands would be preferable. but to think about it, use whatever you used to model him with, if your ass, then so be it. Its a piece of art, you are the new Michaelangelo of the modeling world, and i dont even care all that much about plo koon. but you did such a brilliant job on him, and the fact that he is both robed and unrobed... well lets just say thank god you had horrible foresight, cause not only do we get best of both worlds, but you wouldn't have done the robed version, which would have been a great loss on everyones part. Incredible work, and I say take your time skinning it, you've modeled him so quickly that you deserve to relax.

I propose you do the pole on what he'll say before you do a pole on what he sounds like. Also, maybe the 2 runner ups in the pole could be sounds he makes when he gets hit, like in the vader model.

p.s. How did you do it!?!?? it looks so smooth and not-flat shaded, and yet it is flat shaded. whats the poly count!?!?

"Well that was the latest word from the maker of Plo Koon. And the polycount comes in below specs at 2,991 polys. Simply Amazing!

"

from Kinja himself in the reply just above your Klorel,

ilove this moddelling stuff just makes u feel good wen u actually create something

Archived