Home

Plo Koon Model!

ET Warrior

man that face is so impressive, and his robe looks very smooth and free flowing. I looked at the back model and is that the hood hanging down?

If so thats very creative and would be cool if their was an option to have the hood up or down....oh well!:rolleyes:

:koon: :koon: :koon: looks great I am Awaiting more updates from you kinja

P.S. That sure got made fast! ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, I'd like to congratulate all who helped with that model... it is certainly beyond any expectations I had. Its a great gift to all of us die-hard Plo Koon fans out there :):koon:

Anyway, my one question I have is concerning these taunts. Now, from what I've read I've come to believe that the general impression is that Plo Koon can't talk, but rather communicates telepathicly. Now, I want know where this came from. I've been following Plo Koon since I FIRST saw him in TPM, I know everything about him and everything about the Kel Dor (his species). Now, I believe I do recall hearing something about the Kel Dor being able to communicate telepathically (with either all races or just amoung the Kel Dor themselves, can't remember), but they most certainly can talk! They DO have mouths in which they can also communicate with. I mean, the Kel Dor even have their own language (that they speak by tongue) and its also been stated that they are able to speak Basic. Anyway, maybe I'm just misunderstanding some of these posts, but I just wanted to make sure I got that point that Plo Koon can talk across...

GREAT MODEL!!!! :)

wow....wow...damn...thats ****ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...holy jeesh thats a good model...damn

and about the hood up and down...personally i think Plo Koon looks alot cooler with his hood Up...but since we can't take it down and up in game(to much work to do but would be nice)...i think having it up at all times takes away from this model...if u can't see his head its not really worth it imo....but...if there was a way to take the hood on and off(up and down) i would say yea =O)...but i don't think thats gunu happen =O\

and hey Kinja...tell ur friend this..i think it might make it cooler(not that its not)

by looking at the body its ****y sweet..specially upper torso...but if u get to his waist and down to his legs..it looks...well...maybe a lil plain?...theres just something different about it...but i think this might make it better

if u look at the model its kinda straight up and down on the sides...but...if u added a belt thingy around his waist...it might make it look even better..i just think the belt idea would add more to the model...but its just a suggestion =O)..looks great the way it is

last thing...when u skin the model...make it the colors as in my pic!!!..not the one from Jedi PowerBattles!...that looks a lil..well..weird! lol

i just got a REALLY cool mod idea...although im not sure if it can be done...but if it can...its gunu be like advanced JK2...if anyone wants to hear it tell me..i don't wanna waste space in this thread if no one wants to hear it lol

I'm sure you can have both hoods and choose which one you want.

id do it this way: the default skin file (.surf) would have the head_hood_down surface removed, while the head_hood_up would remain visible, and reverse what i said for the hood down skin.

so create 2 hoods that are seperated meshes and hide the one you need to hide. that would of course create a lot more polys...

Hello folks, Kinja is in the process of moving today and has no internet service so I thought I would come out of the dark and address some of your comments myself.

1. First, you folks are incredible! I wish there was this much possitive energy from game reviewers, they tend to think game developers owe them something, but not you. Always remember that we modelers, skinners (I've always called them texture artists but...) designers and I guess programmers;) ... etc, do what we do in the name of FUN (and money;) )! Let's keep it that way.

2. Here's what the future looks like for PLO KOON:

Robed version unveiled - DONE

Unrobed mesh/robed skins creation - in progress

?????*

Unrobed skin creation/robed setup - down the road

robed setup - futher down said road

Were not talking months here. I want the development time on this to be somewhat short. I have other things I what to get at.

3. In regards to the model I've created, I invite you to look at these two images:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/plokoon/img/eu_bg.jpg

http://www.sithclan.net/episode2/arena.jpg

These shots illustrate the 'PLO' I have invisioned. I agree he looks very cool with his hood up, but he is more commonly seen with it down. I could do both but, once again, I have other things I what to get at (I'm talking JK2, by the way). Also I can't recall ever seeing PLO with a belt tied around his robes (not that I would do it anyway;)) and his colors will reflect the colors in the movie .

4. *Finally, a week or so ago I told Kinja that I thought it would be fun to do a model for JK2, but just one. Now I'm not so sure. I've got to do one more! But who will it be? You know how into 'letting the people decide' I am so that's what I'm going to do. No cash will be neccessary:confused: (see above reply). I'd like to get started next weekend so if someone wants to get another poll started (I like polls) sometime this week; I don't know how you would organize it, there are a lot of characters out there. Which reminds me: I have only a few guidelines for character requests - Star Wars movie universe (I'm not much of a reader) any character. And by the way, if Jar Jar doesn't win I will be very upset.

Once again you folks are amazing. I know this is very long but "Who cares" - me. According to the 'maximum permitted length I still have 37585 characters to go.

Thanks

I nominate Old Ben Kenobi.

Well, the master modeler speaks. I'm guessing lots of people will want to be your friend around here, and I can't say I blame them :D As far as the future of Plo Koon, I don't think anyone is too worried. You seem to have things WELL under control. But as far as future models are concerned, before people start shouting stuff out, I have a few minor suggestions, if you don't mind. You are obviously an extremely talented modeler(and most likely equally awsome at skinning), and I think it would be in the best interest of everyone here if you could be(excuse me if I sound a little..dehumanizing) "fully utilized." By that, I mean we should bring forth requests for models that would be extremely difficult to create for your average modeler, not to be cruel or anything, but simply to take advantage of the opportunity we've got here. It wouldn't be difficult at all for a decent modeler to make a Ben Kenobi or even a Gungan model, but to make a Jedi like Oppo Rancis(just as an example, NO ONE wants an oppo rancis model) and do it well would be next to impossible for your average person. Personally, I'd like to see another unique jedi from episode I or II. Perhaps Kit Fisto or that chick with the red face and long black and white-striped tentacle thing hanging from her head. Or if you wanted to make a huge contribution, you could make an extremely versitile jedi model(male, female, or both :D) with multiple surfaces that could be turned on/off for customization. Things like different hair styles, horns, cybernetic parts, facial hair, clothing, etc. that a skinner could pick and choose from to make their own unique jedi. Such a model could spawn so many new and original skins that it would be the model that keeps on giving. And judging from your ability, it would be a damn nice model too.

But those are just my thoughts. You're the one doing the work, and as you said, you should do it for fun and because you want to. Don't let me force any unwanted ideas on you.

Since he wants to do one more, let me second (third *shrugs*) the motion of Kit Fisto. MisterPunch is really friggin good, so lets give him the model that the average people have not even started to tackel.

The only other Model I really want is a working Kamino person (Kaminian?) But I don't think we are goona get one of those *shrugs*

I still say Kit Fisto all the way. We really do need more good Jedi models, We have like 40 sith and 15 really good jedi so yeah Kit Fisto!

Your :koon: Is Great MisterPunch We all owe you a great deal, SO THANK U!

Sincerely,

DarthDarth

That Plo Koon is a good model... a groin grabbingly good model!

I love it, and i've never even heard of this plo koon before. Anyway, my first vote is for a fully robed old republic style humanoid jedi. i.e. outer robes, inner robes, and hood and everything, all surf changeable (perhaps add it on to existing jedi model?). Anyway, that's my first vote (not gunna happen). Realistically, i'd say go with Kit Fisto (i swear he's just a grown up version of that baby alien in MIB). And to save a vote later, unrobed. Or, just model Fisto's head/hands and put them on Plo's body to save work.

Fantastic work there Kinja's friend:)

The robed version looks stunning, the whole damn model looks stunning!;)

But yes, I agree Kit Fisto and Plo Koon would be the toughest Jedi to model, in my opinion. Well, thus far it looks like we are getting a kickass Plo Koon!

I'd love an old Ben Kenobi, but Inbred's idea of a generic jedi model with selectable surfaces would be the most appreciated from this corner. It would lead to a diversity of ideas and allow people to create a mix-match of almost anything they desire. I daresay most people here could do a pretty decent skin-job to get accross their idea, but are limited by not being having the skills required to create models- certainly nothing to the calibre that I've seen on this thread.

I think that this way- everyone will aquire the model and use it with their own creative ideas and it will live on for an eternity.

If this isn't feasable, though my final vote is for Yareal Poof, with the giraffe-like neck in TPM.:)

Ok, well i guess we're nominating a future project. so i say, when in doubt, go EWOK. Inbredyokel made many good points, and it would be cool to have a universal jedi, but I personally would like to see a universal Ewok. With all kinds of different surfaces to turn on and off (bone necklaces, pouches, different hoods, weapons on back, backpacks, different cloths tied around and drooping a little from the writsts-elbows-or knees, you name it), with so many options that one model could provide enough skins for and entire tribe of ewok. That would be incredible. You could use the same methods as the wookiee to model him and make the fuzzy hair look real, and you have experience with the shorter models already. Think, with all the different height, skin, and surface variations how many different ewoks could be created without having to make a new model, So i vote for a universal ewok.

OBEY MY EWOK!!! - :ewok:

oh, nice polycount by the way, i guess sometimes you miss things when reading. anyways, back to your model. Take your time moving, dont let anyone rush you. In the mean time, I think someone who knows something about plo koon create a poll for what he says, and when we have the top 2-3, then we can poll to figure out what he sounds like when saying those things. "Thats all i have to say about that" ~ forest gump

-Klorel

Archived