Home

Plo Koon Model!

ET Warrior

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I got an e-mail recently, asking about Plo, so I'm just gonna paste most of my reply as a temporary update:

Haven't had time to work on it lately, but I've got a week off from the university for vacation now, so I will have more time. Don't know how well it's going to be spent. Once Toonces is done on his part rigging, tweaking and getting me the final model, I should have the robed version ready for him. I'll be finishing up all of the rest of the pieces (sound, bots, icons, shaders) and have him released.

Originally posted by Zathu Koon

It just sounds... basement recorded. Nothing you would want in a professional model such as this. I never said I could make a better one, so I won't even bother.

I like the taunt that is on MisterPunch's Plo Koon page just fine.

What makes it sound basement recorded? I don't hear any background noises or anything, and it sounds similiar (albeit louder) to the one on MisterPunch's Plo Koon page. Plus, this taunt doesn't have to replace that one - it can just be one of his other alternate taunts.

Sounds like farm noises. "Here piggy piggy piggy piggy!" :p

Sorry, but I don't think MS Recorder is the right sound studio software for great taunts, no matter how many cans you use. ;)

I don't think a bad sound could ever "ruin" a model... there are ways to change sounds, or don't use taunts all together. At any rate, some of these sounds just need a good cleaning. The earlier mp3 of Plo submitted in this thread needs to lose the echo effect. I'm not sure the effect you were going for, but you have to consider that whatever language the character is, their words and annunciation should be clearly distinct from background noise and game music. You just wouldn't be able to hear the previously-mentioned taunt in game at all, unless you were really close and the music was off.

Sounding cool is one thing, but practicality and utility are even better.

You know, lots of recording studios are in basements, so I'll take that as a complement (j/k). Really though, it's totally up to what kman/toonces prefer. I simply offered to do the sounds because it seems kman doesn't exactly have loads of spare time for this model, and I can tell you it would be bad if Plo had to use even a few default sounds. Once the skins are finished, you know there will be hoards of people screaming "gimme gimme gimme," and at that point it would be nice to have a carefully selected sound pack ready, rather than one hastily thrown together to please the masses and get the model out sooner.

I personally think we should just simply go with the ones given before that were from the Clone Campaigns. I know all of you want the telepathic type sounds, but I just see the ones from the Clone Campaigns fitting nicer in the gameplay. Heck, if Lucas approved of them, so do I :)

Anyway, for pain and such sounds... Kel Dor (species of Plo Koon) are more like reptillians and such except for scales, so I suggest making some noises that resemble that of Dessan in the game.

Just my two cents on that...

I was going to say this in the Pablo Jill thread, but you kind of had a reason to do it there, but here there is no excuse, QUIT SPAMING YOUR DAMN WEBSITE! Every thread you post some pointless comment and then direct people to your website as though pluging your site was just an afterthought to the comment. It's obvious and lame. Quit the pimpin'

Archived