Home

Plo Koon Model!

ET Warrior

Actually, the only reason he had a blue saber in the movie is the same reason Ki-Adi-Mundi had a blue one too, George Lucas decided that Jedi's are only to use Blue/Green sabers, while sith use Red (with of course the exception of Mace Windu, who requested the purple). So really, his saber is yellow/orange.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rory_Vetack

Actually, the only reason he had a blue saber in the movie is the same reason Ki-Adi-Mundi had a blue one too, George Lucas decided that Jedi's are only to use Blue/Green sabers, while sith use Red (with of course the exception of Mace Windu, who requested the purple). So really, his saber is yellow/orange.

Since George Lucas has final say over anything and everything Star Wars, his saber is not yellow/orange, it's blue. I personally would prefer a little bit more variety in the saber colors, but the official color is blue.

I don't give a damn about the color, ingame you can choose your owns, k ?? lol

model of him would be great, can't wait to see progress (but you should of posted this when your friend had soem screenshots, what's the point of this ?? trying to get popularity ?? or something....) just wondering

Originally posted by BradFu

Since George Lucas has final say over anything and everything Star Wars, his saber is not yellow/orange, it's blue. I personally would prefer a little bit more variety in the saber colors, but the official color is blue.

BradFu, I disagree, if Plo Koon used a Yellow Saber in a lucasarts game... But then George Lucas wants to keep up with the old star wars, then that does not change his saber. The same goes for Aayla, she used a Red saber (just like Adi Galia) but to prevent confusion of what side shes on, Lucas changed it. She was in many comics before episode II so I feel her original color stands. Even though this has no bearing on gameplay, I was mainly referring to how Plo Koon dressed in JPB, which when he wore it used a Yellow saber. Many of the Jedi Council member featured in Ep[isode I had different colored sabers, but didnt use them, but for when they did, they were changed to keep the Blue/Green = good, Red = bad.

But thats a bit retarded,considering some Jedi have yellow sabers,and orange ones....but thats the whole point of a jedi's training,to make a unique Lightsaber.

Originally posted by SithBrakiss

But thats a bit retarded,considering some Jedi have yellow sabers,and orange ones....but thats the whole point of a jedi's training,to make a unique Lightsaber.

Well, it all depends on how tightly you hold to what's 'canon'. As far as Star Wars goes, the only stuff that is truly 'canon' (meaning officially correct) is the stuff in the movies. Even LucasArts stuff is not officially canon, and the books and comics definitely aren't. I personally am a big fan of the Expanded Universe, so 'canon' doesn't mean much to me. When this Plo Koon model is finished, I may use the yellowish saber for him. There are, however, no Jedi in any of the movies that use anything other than blue, green, or purple.

I think it could (and very well may) be easily explained by the need to create a new lightsaber for a few people. There is 10 years of time between Episode 1 and 2, so having completely new lightsabers for several of the Jedi isn't far-fetched. Perhaps the Jedi order has even adopted new policies about lightsaber blade color between Eps 1 and 2, ie it must be blue or green, unless you're at the top of the Jedi Council, in which case you can use Purple (or maybe a color of your choosing). The Jedi order is declining somewhat, and the Republic is beginning to unravel, so perhaps they wanted more unity in the symbol of the Republic, the Jedi.

Anywhoo... of course none of this really matters for multiplayer, use whatever you like :) But for bots, single player, and npcs, it becomes marginally important. I would vote blue for that, since it's the color Plo Koon's lightsaber currently is.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by SithBrakiss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then what do you call this (just to the left of obi-wans head)? REALLLLLLLLY light green

http://www.theforce.net/museum/images/Prequels/Episode_2/tt-jediarena.jpg

Personally, I prefer his Eps 2 look without the robes, but to be fair, I'll suggest this: Would it be possible to do like the Tyrion model and make the robe a feature that can be turned on or off?

On EU vs Cannon, Lucas, or Lucas Films, or Lucas Licensing, or all of them, have repeatedly stated that anything not DIRECTLY contradicted by the movies is indeed cannon. I emphasize directly because even with apparent contradictions, there are ways to explain something as still valid.

Besides the whole lightsaber thing is very simple: Colors don't matter. The only reasons Lucas said Blue & Green (& Purple for BMF) for Jedi and Red for Sith/Dark Jedi in the movies are (1) to help the mentally deficient (or young kids) differentiate between good guy and bad guy (plus Lucas was getting his cowboy freak-on), and (2) because those colors showed up best against the backgrounds.

hmm... that picture seems a little odd. It's not just yellow sabers, but there's some teal ones too. but I don't recall seeing any teal sabers in the movie (i'm referring to the fatty with his saber pointing downwards, just next to Obi-Wan)...

Meditate over this, I will...

as you say in swedish:

Jag anar ugglor i mossen

=D

I don't beleive that that picture is directly out of the movie. I've seen the movie numerous times, and don't recall a scene quite like that. This may be an early test-composite. Specifically, note the lack of Kit Fisto and one or two other alien Jedi. I would say most likely this is an earlier shot, possibly done before Lucas decided to keep the Jedi green and blue except for Windu. You can see Plo Koon right behind Windu, and that's clearly a yellow/orange lightsaber, which points even more to this being an earlier shot. Check out Obi-Wan's lightsaber. That's not blue, it's purple, and there is no question that Obi-Wan doesn't have a purple lightsaber at any point in the movie. Also look at the left side of this picture, notice the strange outline Anakin seems to have. He's not blended with that background at all. If this WAS in the movie, that's a major screwup for ILM.

Don't get me wrong, guys, I really wish there WAS this kind of diversity in the lightsabers, I'm all for it, but the ONLY lightsaber colors we have ever seen in a Star Wars movie are blue, green, purple, and red. As it stands now, Plo Koon's lightsaber is blue. I will probably be doing blue and green for all my Prequel-era Jedi skins, but for Post-ANH skins, I plan on having lots of variety (If I ever do any post-ANH skins :) )

Looks like a fan's representation of the scene before they saw the film. There's no battledroids surrounding them even. If you look you can even see the Geonosians in the stands still and it looks like the background has been cloned and flipped on the right side.

Yeah, my guess is it was taken from one of the Select pictures or scanned from a magazine or something. According to SW.com, there were two fully-CG Jedi in the arena battle, so a couple of these guys may have just been stand-ins like Ahmed Best with Jar-Jar.

Actualy, the jedi right behind Mace is NOT Plo, because at this time Plo is onboard a Droid controll ship with a few other jedi trying to shut down the droids..... this was originaly in the film but removed at the last second... :( o well maybe we can see it when the DVD comes out :D

Naw, that's Plo Koon back there. You can see one of the big cinnamon bun doowackies that are on the side of his head. This picture comes partly from the scene when Dooku is addressing the surving Jedi, when Plo Koon IS there.

See what we've resorted to, Kinja? Strange, barely related discussions, cause we all want to spend time in this thread, waiting for the first shots of the Plo Koon model to appear :D

Naw, that's Plo Koon back there. You can see one of the big cinnamon bun doowackies that are on the side of his head. This picture comes partly from the scene when Dooku is addressing the surving Jedi, when Plo Koon IS there.

Sorry to disagree, BradFu, but it is highly unlikey that that is Plo Koon, he has a Much more wrinkled, twisted and otherwise oddly shaped head (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/plokoon/img/movie_bg.jpg), and what you see there is smooth, it actually looks like the back of Sasee Tin's (behind Obi-wan in pic, no clue if spelled correctly) which could happen since this is a doctored image.

Archived