Home

Plo Koon Model!

ET Warrior

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Shogun Lee

I don't post so much anymore but i was close to getting a boner over that in-game screenshot.

It's just just amazing how accurate the model is and it's been worth the long, long, long wait.

a boner....lol:p

Yea Plo looks amazing, I can't wait! Keep up the nice work!:)

Out of curiosity Kman...are you saying it won't be available because you, toonces, or misterpunch doesn't want it used for those mods, or that no one from the mods has asked or mentioned it? I don't see why they wouldn't want to use it. They'd be hard pressed to make anything even close to that quality.

Well, there hasn't been anyone that asked us, but if they did, I would say no to the use of my skin at least. It is provided for private use only. If John lets them use the model, fine. But I do not endorse using other people's models/skins/etc for use in mods when they are not part of the development staff. They should make their own content for their mods instead of snatching it from everyone else.

Originally posted by Taigan

Well who cares about the mods :p

as long as its out for us to use eh?This is the sweetest skin i've ever seen,And id kill geroge bush an every one else for it :p

Be patient, use spaces, and its :p not :p....

I wouldn't really consider it "snatching"...the original creators of borrowed work are given credit (just as Lucasfilm is supposed to be given credit when a skin/model/map/mod is based on their stuff), and most of the time authors have no problem with it (and even welcome it) as long as just that is done. And also, isn't a mod considered "private use?" If it were otherwise, something like the aotctc would be illegal. After all, if the developement staff had to develope everything for a mod themselves, wouldn't it have to be an entirely new game?

I don't mean to sound like I'm picking on you, because I really do respect your opinion, it just seems to me that the great thing about a modding community like this is that everyone helps and contributes to each others work, so when a mod comes out it's not so much the independent work of an isolated few, but a display of the entire community's talent.

Private use would usually mean not being released to the public for viewing or use. A mod is not considered private use because, once it is announced, that makes it public, as far as I can tell. How much more public can you get? If these forums were more of a community, then I'd see a reasonn why there would be a lot of the 'communal sharing' going on. But since obviously this is not the case...

i like the model. and the skin as it is so far is very good. but i have to say. the progress of this model is very slow and very disappointing. its been almost 6 months in development. some Mods even have faster progress than this ONE model. not to mention theres like 3-4 maybe even 5 people working on it. its a great model. but uh. i wouldn't be surprised if this model NEVER gets released. gave up on it months ago. Alot of the good models of this game have been released in less than HALF the time of this one. I really don't see why its taking almost half a year for this one model to get completed and released. Its almost funny

Archived