• Last Reply
Originally posted by Pacsta

Well thanks....

ok...lets say I wanna use this one...

set spinmove "vstr spin"

set spin "seta cl_yawspeed "3000"; +left; set spinmove vstr normal"

set normal "seta cl_yawspeed "140"; -left; set spinmove vstr spin"

bind X "vstr spinmove"

What is wrong...what more has to be added....

I got this from way back in beggining of post by JaraDaj

Thanks in advance.

Okay, some of those quotes didn't need to be in there & that may have messed it up. Try the version below & see if it works

set spinmove "vstr spin"

set spin "seta cl_yawspeed 3000; +left; set spinmove vstr normal"

set normal "seta cl_yawspeed 140; -left; set spinmove vstr spin"

bind x vstr spinmove

Samuel Dravis, I found what the scripts I wanted and all, but I still can't work them. I put them into notepad, whack .cfg on the end, then start up JKII MP. I bring down the console and type "exec model.cfg" and it says "cannot exec model.cfg" Whats the problem?

Russ,

I posted an answer for your question, but the site went down & it didn't go through. You can do what you want with simple keybinds instead of a full blown script as follows:

bind 1 "model kyle; color1 4"

bind 2 "model jan; color1 5"

bind 3 "model reborn; color1 0"

These are just examples since I don't remember all the model & color codes at work, but try it & edit them using the same format.

Originally posted by Russ

Samuel Dravis, I found what the scripts I wanted and all, but I still can't work them. I put them into notepad, whack .cfg on the end, then start up JKII MP. I bring down the console and type "exec model.cfg" and it says "cannot exec model.cfg" Whats the problem?

make sure they are in your base file. You should also create another cfg file in the base file called autoexec.cfg & in it place the commands to exec the other files you want, such as:

exec model.cfg

exec name.cfg

exec sabercolor.cfg

exec character.cfg

Anyway, you get the idea....

The reason behind this is that some scripts are too long to combine multiple scripts into one file & that's why it's good to have each script in a separate file & then have the autoexec.cfg file exec each one.

To bind a key to change your skin and saber color to a certain thing, you do not need a script.

Here is an example of a simple bind...

/bind 1 "model <Model Name>; saber1 <Saber Color Number>"

That's all you need to do. For instance, my current rank in _SA_ shows that I should be using a Stormtrooper Skin, and a Green Lightsaber. So I have one of my keys bound to change to that, as well as change my name to my clan name, in the event that someone else was previously playing my game. That way, it saves me a ton of time.

As for the subtopic concerning if scripting is cheating or not, I think it isn't. Many keyboards out there have problems with keys being pressed at the same time that are close together, but most people don't want to change the keyboard bind configuration from what they're used to, to something new and different. Though I've went ahead and done that, some people would probably think that scripting would help them better.

But some scripts ARE cheats, IMHO. The saberlock scripts out there are, IMO, as they allow the attack to be done faster than is humanly possible. For purists like me, I perfer my method, the SSS as I call it; The Shinzon Saberlock Seizure. It consists of faking a seizure in your mouse arm to rapidly click the attack button. Best of all, since it's clearly done by me, and not a script, it can't be called a cheat. It's just a way at hitting the mouse faster. Though saberlock scripts are still faster, I'd rather lose legitly then win by cheating...

I'm not sure if this is right, but I think the syntax is +set fs_game modname

ex.

+set fs_game forcemod

I personally place that statement in my shortcut, I have a couple of shortcuts for JO that load up different mods like adminmod and forcemod.

anyone else getting their b*tt kicked in 1.03 FFA servers by jedi doing a quick red backslash without turning away first?

I thought I had mastered a quick red backslash (180 turn + back + attack)..but how are they doing it without even turning at all?

Ive tried upping my yawspeed (alot) but still Im turning before backslashing..which is slower than those who don't turn away at all..

Usually Ill see them running around with saber off. As soon as someone comes close their saber is on and simultaeneously doing a red backslash...without doing the 180 turn first!

Ive spectated on the back of some of these players and can confirm they are executing backslash after backslash with the target in front of them.. is there a special script to execute this "front backslash"?

Im 'dying' to know how do they do this? :)

dan.

Originally posted by danleth

anyone else getting their b*tt kicked in 1.03 FFA servers by jedi doing a quick red backslash without turning away first?

I thought I had mastered a quick red backslash (180 turn + back + attack)..but how are they doing it without even turning at all?

Ive tried upping my yawspeed (alot) but still Im turning before backslashing..which is slower than those who don't turn away at all..

Usually Ill see them running around with saber off. As soon as someone comes close their saber is on and simultaeneously doing a red backslash...without doing the 180 turn first!

Ive spectated on the back of some of these players and can confirm they are executing backslash after backslash with the target in front of them.. is there a special script to execute this "front backslash"?

Im 'dying' to know how do they do this? :)

dan.

Yes they are using a script for this. People cheating like this is why this thread was started 20 pages ago. We started putting up the scripts they were using to fight fire with fire & to show Raven how badly they needed to patch 1.03. You should update to 1.04 where many of these problems have been fixed so these kind of move scripts won't work anymore.

But I'll explain how the script works anyways. I don't remember all the commands from 1.03 so this isn't an actual script, but it gives you an idea of what they're doing. Basically the script does these things in this particular order:

1. sets the yawspeed to a high rate

2. starts a turn either right or left for a set amount of time which should very quickly (almost automatic & unseen) turn him so you are now behind him for a backslash attack.

3. returns the yawspeed back to normal

4. executes an attack

Those things could never be done manually in the time it takes a script to do & is why it is considered a cheat.

It is similar to the spinning blue backstab script that does a similar function. A person can be facing you from the front, then all of a sudden he is doing a backstab blender move on you, & you never see him try to turn around so you are behind him.

thanx for your reply ToppDog,

Originally posted by ToppDog

Basically the script does these things in this particular order:

1. sets the yawspeed to a high rate

2. starts a turn either right or left for a set amount of time which should very quickly (almost automatic & unseen) turn him so you are now behind him for a backslash attack.

3. returns the yawspeed back to normal

4. executes an attack

yaeh, I tried doing those 4 points, but my jedi, 9 times out of 10, ends up doing a 'chop' in the wrong direction (even though Im executing a back attack)

I tried changing the yawspeed and wait states but he's still chopping in wrong direction. very occasionally does a backslash..

Im more accurate doing it manually, but thats too slow against the front backslashers (therefore, I die every time)

the thing is, those who know how to do the front backslash dont seem to move at all..not even a flicker of a yawspeed turn

and they aren't just doing it from the front, but from any position if the target wanders into their vicinity. it's like an auto-backslash, regardless of target position

dan.

PS. Im running 1.03 and most of the low-ping servers in my neighborhood seem to be 1.03. so i'd really like to get my hands on their technique otherwise no point playing and dying all the time

Yeah, that's the hard thing about making scripts that have spinning in it. There isn't one command to turn you 180 degrees & stop, so you have to adjust the yawspeed & length of time for the turn until you get it right, & even then things like your ping or your connection can fluctuate & vary from minute to minute so that it doesn't quite work right most of the time.

If they seem to be able to execute the move no matter where their enemies are when they start it, they are probably using an aimbot. These are true hacks & not scripts. What they basically do is fix an invisible person next to them in the required position to execute whichever move they want to do.

For example: if he wants to always be able to do a backstab or backslash, then the aimbot would always be behind him in a fixed position like wearing a backpack, or if he wanted to use the aimbot for yellow DFA's then he would put it in a fixed position right in front of him so it is always in his sights. The giveaway to aimbots is if you see them perform these kind of moves when there is absolutely nobody anywhere near them.

Ehm, i have better things to do then find out how to quote people with names, but somone sed:

Now i came here to find a way to get clean screenshots, but reading on i have 2 things to say.

1: people say i use scripts because they see me doing a BS while the enemy is in front of me, but the only thing i ever got scripted was changing darkside to lightside with 1 button while spectating. I have the mouse sensitivity at default (5). In quake3 we called this a flick-shot....just ram the mouse left or right and do the move, noone ever said it has to be EXACTLY 180 degrees. In other words, it's not a script because a script = just all the moves written and executed.

2: As far as i'm concerned, keep scripting, and keep sharing it with everyone, that way i might get a bit of a challenge in 1.03 =)

Don't listen to the people who call you cheaters....god-mode is cheating, scripting is just lazyness in most cases, and after what i read here about people being stuck till the script ends, well be my guest. It's only cheating when you can do someone noone else can, and scripts = just a succession of things EVERYONE can do, only written down and executed....

Scripts simply WON'T change the outcome against a pro JK2 player who doesn't have a life and therefore has nothing better to do than practice 4 hours a day (like me :D )

no probs.. if its considered a hack/cheat I don't want one anyway

i just had did a google on aimbot and it appears to be something that can help counter-strike / quake players aim their weapons without moving the mouse.

i dont see how it would work with a saber..

..hey, Ive noticed that some servers report

"UPURE .PK3 CLIENT DETECTED FOR XXXXX" or something like that..

does that mean the player detected is using a hack like an aimbot?

dan.

Originally posted by Novastorm

Ehm, i have better things to do then find out how to quote people with names, but somone sed:

Now i came here to find a way to get clean screenshots, but reading on i have 2 things to say.

1: people say i use scripts because they see me doing a BS while the enemy is in front of me, but the only thing i ever got scripted was changing darkside to lightside with 1 button while spectating. I have the mouse sensitivity at default (5). In quake3 we called this a flick-shot....just ram the mouse left or right and do the move, noone ever said it has to be EXACTLY 180 degrees. In other words, it's not a script because a script = just all the moves written and executed.

2: As far as i'm concerned, keep scripting, and keep sharing it with everyone, that way i might get a bit of a challenge in 1.03 =)

Don't listen to the people who call you cheaters....god-mode is cheating, scripting is just lazyness in most cases, and after what i read here about people being stuck till the script ends, well be my guest. It's only cheating when you can do someone noone else can, and scripts = just a succession of things EVERYONE can do, only written down and executed....

Scripts simply WON'T change the outcome against a pro JK2 player who doesn't have a life and therefore has nothing better to do than practice 4 hours a day (like me :D )

You're right that a better fighter will always be able to beat a noob who scripts moves. And you're also right that most move scripts are just an easy way to do moves that are easily done manually.

But there are ways to write scripts in 1.03 to do certain moves that cannot be done manually. For example, you can create scripts for 1.03 that allow you to be able to do any special move instantly regardless of the stance you are in. Or kick scripts that let you kick off of a ledge no higher than your foot. These would be near impossible to pull off manually & would be concidered by some to be cheats.

The goal of the aimbot is to give the person artificially accurate aim, regardless of what they're doing.

The thing is that aimbots are usually easy to spot (especially with lag and other factors), and they don't work perfectly. They're a poor substitute for good practice, which will make you a better player (and more highly respected) than any script.

CS has gotten something of a reputation for its masses of whiners and cheaters, so I wouldn't use that as a gauge for some behavior you want to emulate in our community. ; p

If you want something to "aim" for you, use the homing rocket secondary fire of the Merr Sonn, the Seeker Drone or the Assault Sentry. Leave out the cheats...

when I get one I'll be sure to post it and PM it, you fight fire with fire, and a lot of clans have it anyway so it's nothing new...

but there is something I would like that's MUCH better than an aimbot, it's the black font in the score menu and I've also seen double colored font (font color outlied by another font color), those are sweet looking 0_0

If you post it, it gets deleted. One thing we never tolerated in the JK community were the "multiplayer cheats" (I'm not talking about the admin turning cheats on, I mean malicious hacks that ruin gameplay like this and were never intended by the developers).

If people want to post or discuss those on their own time, that's fine and there's nothing we can do to stop 'em, but aim bots vs aim bots is silly. It's like having somebody play the game for you.

Anyway, the black font is easy, it's just ^0 before your text. You can do it already, but though I've seen it for the titles of certain game servers (maybe try joining and ask the guy who he did it) it's getting it to show up that's baffling me... you can type it in the player menu so it looks black there, but in the score table and messages, it just shows up as the default (white) color.

I'm sure if the outlined color has been done its been done in Q3 already, so I'd suggest looking that up online and it should be listed someplace. Then post THAT and we can talk. ; )

Archived