Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

Ok you scripting Gods...got a few questions for ya. In a nutshell I want to create an ultimate Scripting system where I can alter they way my keys are bound for diff gametypes IE a FFA or an RPG and whatnot,but I also want all kinds of small scripts inside this huge mainframe that do muco mucho stuff.

Basicly my JKO session will be like The Big Shell from MGS2 it will have Shells with cores (Gametypes) and each gametype will have small 'struts' (variations binds of those games IE dark side bind or light side in a FFA)

So what I need is People who know a lot about the /g2animent stuff Cause I host awesome RPG servers and Id like a way where I can instantly set all the settings for my RPG Server at the touch of a button and If anyone has any real good in depth FAQs on NPCs cause I played in a game the other day and they guy spawned an NPC but with a Custom Saber hilt and in Readmes for the mods it doesnt say anything about saber hilts lol.

so my main question is Custom NPCs do they share the same basic paths as normal ones IE.

here is an example that spawns an ent that looks and sounds like a rodian, has 100 health, is friendly, and has a blaster

/g2animent 3 2 4 models/players/rodian/model.glm sound/chars/rodian/misc 100 0

Now If I had my own custom Skin wanting to be an NPC would it still be

/g2animent 3 2 3 models/players/CMRonin/model.glm sound/chars/CMRonin/misc 100 0

Would this work? or would I have to make the filepath /JKII/gamedata/base/CMRonin.pk3 or whatever?

Basicly do Custom Models share the same path as default ones?

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually you only need the name of the model file to change it in a script, such as:

bind x model reborn

For customized models you would just need the name of the customized model, such as:

bind x model joeschmoe

This applies to models that you play & not for npc's, but is quite similar, such as:

bind x npc spawn Tavion

The main thing is that npc file names are not always the same as playable model file names, even though they both use the same models.

I think the sample line you posted was designed for a JKII mod & not for the default version of MP, but I could be wrong.

But regardless, everything you want is very possible & not too awfully hard, but it will take some time to put it all together.

If you are using a mod there should be directions on how to script for that mod in a readme file or something.

so my main question is Custom NPCs do they share the same basic paths as normal ones IE.

here is an example that spawns an ent that looks and sounds like a rodian, has 100 health, is friendly, and has a blaster

/g2animent 3 2 4 models/players/rodian/model.glm sound/chars/rodian/misc 100 0

Now If I had my own custom Skin wanting to be an NPC would it still be

/g2animent 3 2 3 models/players/CMRonin/model.glm sound/chars/CMRonin/misc 100 0

Would this work? or would I have to make the filepath /JKII/gamedata/base/CMRonin.pk3 or whatever?

Basicly do Custom Models share the same path as default ones?

Yeah I just need to know if Custom Made skins share the same models/players/skinname path as default JKO ones but thx for replying didnt help much but I appreciate you trying to help me. Also Im using omnimod and it came with a Readme and I read it but it doesnt say much about Saber Hilts anyone who knows about this stuff how do I choose what saber hilt an npc has?

Ok I tried the custom NPC thing with the Jawa model and it worked fine escept when I spawned it it didnt have a skin on it looked like walking greyness how do I spawn him with his default skin? I typed in console

/g2animent 3 8 7 models/players/jawa/model.glm sound/chars/misc 200 0

And I got a Jawa model and everything but no Default skin :( I did this using MP and omnimod 2.0 just in case you need a ref.

// Message Taunt
set text-1 "say ^7G^5O^7O^5D ^7F^5I^7G^5H^7T; bind z vstr text-2"
set text-2 "say ^1Will somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?!; bind z vstr text-3"
set text-3 "say ^5G^7O^5O^7D ^5F^7I^5G^7H^5T; bind z vstr text-4"
set text-4 "say ^3~Allied to good, ^1nightmare ^3to you!!!~; bind z vstr text-5"
set text-5 "say ^1G^3O^1O^3D ^1F^3I^1G^3H^1T; bind z vstr text-7"
set text-6 "say ^6G^2O^6O^2D ^6F^2I^6G^2H^6T; bind z vstr text-8"
set text-7 "say ^5Try not. ^1Do.^2 Or ^3do ^1Not^6. ^5There ^7is ^4no ^6try. ^2-Yoda; bind z vstr text-8"
set text-8 "say ^1G^7O^1O^7D ^1F^7I^1G^7H^1T; bind z vstr text-9"
set text-9 "say ^2Turtle ^2Turtle!; bind z vstr text-10"
set text-10 "say ^3your ^3puny ^3weapons ^3are ^3no ^3match ^3against ^3my ^3armor!; bind z vstr text-1"
bind [b]KEY[/b] "vstr text-1"

one of my taunt scripts, change the messages to your likes and such (because 2 people with same taunts will be kinda ****ty o_0 right?) and I assume, at least from this thread, you know how to setup a autoexec.cfg :)

hey guys please help me out with this. ok, i use the lunge script a lot, but each time i press the button i binded the script to, most of the time it will not lunge. instead, it will do a regular forward blue chop. i would say that only about 40% of the time would it actually do a lunge. here is the bind i use: /bind shift "+forward;+crouch;+attack". what i want to know is if there is another lunge script that works better. If you know of one could u please tell me. i am really crappy at this game and i really do need a better lunge script to compete.

thanks

Originally posted by henrychan415

hey guys please help me out with this. ok, i use the lunge script a lot, but each time i press the button i binded the script to, most of the time it will not lunge. instead, it will do a regular forward blue chop. i would say that only about 40% of the time would it actually do a lunge. here is the bind i use: /bind shift "+forward;+crouch;+attack". what i want to know is if there is another lunge script that works better. If you know of one could u please tell me. i am really crappy at this game and i really do need a better lunge script to compete.

thanks

Make sure you are using "+movedown" instead of "+crouch" in your script. As far as I know "+crouch" is not a command the game engine will accept. Maybe that was just a typo when posting, but just in case....

Also, your script is probably not working as well because you have the forward command in front of the crouch command. It probably doesn't matter for a lot of people due to their computers or ping or whatever. But for others, mixing up the order of the commands from what it says in the manual may make them not work as well. When I practiced this, a simple keybind straight from the directions in the game manual worked the best. Try this:

bind x "+movedown; +forward; +attack"

This should work a lot better for you.

You cannot use the mousewheel up/down functions to bind anything that has more than one command in the bind, such as the specials or a saberlock script. If you want to use the scrolling function for your saber locks simply bind whichever one you want (up or down) to "attack" from the setup menu of the game.

If, however, you wanted to use a saberlock script bound to a key I have noticed that the script repeats much faster when bound to a key on the keyboard than it does with any of the buttons on the mouse. So if this is what you wanted, try this bind with a key on the keyboard & not a mouse button:

bind x "+attack; -attack"

WARNING - Try this on a bot first to see how fast it is. You may not want to be so mean to real players. On the rare occasions that I have used this, I just tapped the key periodically to keep locks even until we could get back to fighting. I only used this one at full strength for players who were obviously abusing similar methods to win saber locks.

As far as binding the side to side fan move goes, it probably wouldn't work very well. Move scripts like that are very ping dependant & are in constant need of adjustment in order to work at all & will often fail you. This is the case with almost any move script.

It was either JediMod or OmniMod, I'm not sure which. If you check the description, it should say if there are "emotes" in it or not.

That's funny because people must be so used to those mods, they don't realize when they're using them or the base game. Or else they don't change a whole lot visually...

Of course one of those "cheats" pages I read for JK2 (I believe it was linked off of Gamefaqs.com) they listed the emotes commands in the list of console commands AS IF they were enabled in the main game (but they're not).

Well, I've look around, and downloaded those mods, plus a few others (Vulcanus Admin Mod), and can't find what I'm looking for. I want the mod, where you type the emotes that have "am" on the beginning. eg "amsit", "amcrossarms".

Does anyone know which mod this is? Every server I connect to seems to have it!

Archived