Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

Let's try and make this thread just scripts that we have made or find so we can share them all. It keeps all the "scripts" posts into one area so we don't have people making many threads, thus keeping the board a little cleaner.

If you aren't a scripter or have a strong opinion against scripts, i suggest you not post here and go to another post. But since most of you who don't like scripts will post anyway, try and make it short so the others who enjoy this stuff can find info quicker. Be aware that spamming will prob get you banned so let's keep this clean.

Taunting;

bind X "+taunt"

Light stance lunge attack;

set "lunge" "+movedown;wait;wait;+movedown;wait;wait;wait;+forward;wait;+attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;-movedown;-attack;-forward"

bind X "vstr lunge"

Heavy stance DFA attack;

set "dfa" "+attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;+forward;+moveup;wait;wait;wait;wait;-forward;-moveup;-attack"

bind X "vstr dfa"

Any stance, back attack without the 180 degree move;

set "backstab" "+back;+moveright;+attack;wait;wait;-back;-moveright;-attack"

bind X "vstr backstab"

Kick while attacker is infront of you;

set "fkick" "+forward; +moveup; wait; -moveup; wait; +moveup; wait; -moveup; -forward"

bind X "vstr fkick"

Basic scripting knowledge;

Scripts only do things that you can normaly do ingame with buttons. They just allow you to bind many moves into one button. Every button has a + and a -. The plus is when the button is pressed down, the minus is when the button is release. You should always have a - if you have a + otherwise you will not beable to stop the move.

waits in a script is a measure of time. They allow you to configure your script for timing moves, and to compensate for lag. You can write waits like so to shorten the script;

wait; wait; wait would also equal wait3

*note, once a script is start you must let it finish. You cannot do anything else while it is running, so too many waits will leave you open. It's a good idea to start with a small number of waits then add more if need be.

The first lines usually is where you define what you are doing;

set "fkick" " (code)"

| | \

| \ This is your list of commands/moves

\ tells the name of the variable

tells the system you are setting a variable

At the end you will need to bind it to a key;

bind X "vstr (name of variable)"

| | \

| \ this names the variable you are binding

\ this is the key you want to bind the move to

Tells the system you are binding here

For a full list of commands you can either type cmdlist in the console. Or open your cfg with notepad/wordpad. I suggest saving it as a different name since edditing this cfg can cuase harm to you binds.

To run a script, you should open notepad. Copy/paste the script into notepad or write a script in notepad. Then save it with a cfg extention. Leave the cfg file in the same directory as the other cfgs. In game you should go to the console (american version just hit shift+~) and type;

exec (name of file).cfg

You can bind the execution of the script to a key also;

bind "f1" "exec test.cfg"

And last but not least you can name it autoexec.cfg and it should execute automatically when you start the game.

PS. tried to edit it so the points would be aligned, but it didn't work. The basic ideas are here so it should atleast give you an idea. Let the knowledge flow begin.... or the flaming whatever comes first. *note, let's try to ignore the flames... they are atleast nice enough to bump the post.

:greedo:

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the scripting and backstabbing is so abused that many people think they're hacks and its gonna ruin this great game. I've been reduced to scripting and backstabbing because every other player (except n00Bs) out there is doing the same. I'm hoping a patch will come to stop the scripts and hacks.

well, if you look at the scripts, they aren't anything special. Hell the most complicated one is the lunge. If people get all pissy bout this stuff they need to take a volume.

Wait till i get home, i got the spinning move that was talked bout a few weeks ago..... whoa, if i don't watch out i can be the cuae of the end of the game.... /sarcasm off

There's not a patch in the world that will remove the "vstr" command. It's part of the engine thusly part of the game.

Note: How do you think you can turn your saber off and on with the same button? The game writers most likely used the vstr from the Q3 engine command to do it.

Those who consider scripting as cheating better get used to it because most likely it will not leave this game nor any others using Q3's engine.

Scripting can come in handy for other aspects in the game that's not considered cheating.

I.e. Here's a script so you don't have to exit the game (Q3) to answer a pesky AIM or IRC message. Goes from fullscreen to windowed view(Possibly works in JKII:JO - NOT TESTED)

// Fullscreen / Windowed Quake

set FW vstr FW1

set FW1 "r_fullscreen 0; vid_restart; set FW vstr FW2"

set FW2 "r_fullscreen 1; vid_restart; set FW vstr FW1"

bind F12 vstr FW

And here's another for Q3 that makes you walk without holding the walk button if always run is enabled, or reversed if always run is disabled (Also may work for JKII:JO - NOT TESTED

// Run / Walk Toggle

bind SPACE toggle cl_run

I used those 2 examples of "Light Side" scripting. Remember, scripting is part of any Q3 engine based game. Get used to it.

in a similar way you can write scripts that chance your force setup to a few presets you use a lot, so you don't have to go to the menu when you want to switch.

Like said before, a script is only a set of chained commands, nothing you can't do through normal key pressing. Furthermore, a script has a huge disadvantage, once you start it, you can't stop it..

I was dueling a person once that used the helicopter move, but had the spin last a little to long, result, he was stuck in the spin long enough to get his ass killed when he used it. The same goes for every scripted combo, if it goes wrong, you can't abbort the move, something a player who doesn't script can.

oh, and another tip, you can put numbers behind commands, to make it wait that number of wait after it.

For example

+forward 2

is the same as

+forward; wait ;wait

Though I'm not sure if

wait 2

is the same as

wait; wait

or

wait; wait; wait

anyway, you get the idea

to all that think jaradajs scripts are "cheats":

(please read slowly, and breathe and think in between sentences)

how hard do you think it is to manually do the moves that jaradajs scripts does automatically?

easy? pretty hard? hard? extremely hard?

personally, i'd go for "easy"? would you?

why is it such a big deal if something that is "easy" is automated in this fashion?

That's the plan... showing these scripts so people see what they are complaining about... show them how stupid they are for making a big deal out of em.

But this one should make alot of people mad.

Spin attack while backstabing. This script will spin you around while you backstab. I suggest leaving your attack on med or heavy stance. Once you start the backstab move, hit this key (whatever you bound it to) and hit it again to make yourself stop. It's a toggle, best way to make it so that you have some control over the spin. This doesn't make you backstab or anything, you have to do that yourself... just hit it when you are starting the backstab.

set spinmove "vstr spin"

set spin "seta cl_yawspeed "3000"; +left; set spinmove vstr normal"

set normal "seta cl_yawspeed "140"; -left; set spinmove vstr spin"

bind X "vstr spinmove"

This will spin you around, and with luck and practice you can hit bout 5 times. Normally one backstab would kill you, this is just over kill. If any script could be considered cheating, this would be the closest one, i would think. I still believe it's no big deal considering if you are being backstabbed you are pretty much dead anyways.

yea, that's one of my favorites, just to show off..... great when you DFA into a crowd of 5 or so, then do a backstab+spin= 5 dead jedi.

Way to powerful in ffa games. But damn fun, and just an example on how they should have put yawspeed server side.

Originally posted by JaraDaj

yea, that's one of my favorites, just to show off..... great when you DFA into a crowd of 5 or so, then do a backstab+spin= 5 dead jedi.

Way to powerful in ffa games. But damn fun, and just an example on how they should have put yawspeed server side.

yeah, like ive said countless times: this game is particularly easy to exploit with scripts, and its all the game designers fault.

i'm still somewhat new to this engine, i was a big scripter for half-life.

I believe the set is used for quick variables and the seta for arrays and more complex commands/code.

I'm still inthe trial and error part of scripting... some code is easier if you set a toggle some are better if you set for a key press. I wish they allowed you to bind to - and +. Then we could do some really complex scripts.

IE in CS i had a script that when i hit a key and help it down it'll buy a nade then prime it. Let go would throw it. You could spam nades for the first min (buy time ends then) and since they damage through walls it was great in maps like assualt. Alas you can't do that, as far as i know, in this game.

PS. I don't use these script anymore. No need, once i learned the timing and moves myself. These are old, and are being used to teach others. No one is forcing you to use em. Just want to show you what can and can't be done. Better that you learn this now, then start false theories and spread misinformation.

Originally posted by Jevesus

to all that think jaradajs scripts are "cheats":

(please read slowly, and breathe and think in between sentences)

how hard do you think it is to manually do the moves that jaradajs scripts does automatically?

easy? pretty hard? hard? extremely hard?

personally, i'd go for "easy"? would you?

why is it such a big deal if something that is "easy" is automated in this fashion?

Good point.

Executing any of these moves is not difficult. The most complicated moves in the game require you to merely press three buttons in a row or two simultaneously.

But I think the point that many who are against scripts are trying to make, (but fail to do so because they seem more interested in insults and flames) is that a script designed to execute a simple move is not a big deal.

However, a script specifically designed to execute a move or a set of commands that's success depends solely on the rate of speed upon which the buttons are pressed is where the problem lies.

A perfect example is saber lock scripts. There is simply no way a human hand can press the primary attack button as fast as a script can execute the command.

Personally, I don't really have a problem with scripts. Most script users rely so heavily on their scripted moves that through the simple strategy of not going "head to head" with the scripted move, they are easily defeated.

That is my way, though. I simply deal with what is thrown at me. And as you know, that way is not the way the majority will look at things.

And I am sorry but comments like "Well bind x +taunt is a script, is that cheating?" is not a valid argument. It is pretty much like saying "Well technically it's not murder because he had inoperable Cancer."

You can "validate" any point through twisting of words to suit the situation.

These scripts are relatively simple, but as one, who has made scripts for this game, trust me when I say you can do much more with them.

This game is much more than the standard "point the mouse, push mouse1" type most first person shooters are.

And quite frankly reducing it to a game of who can write the best scripts would really be a shame.

Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

But I think the point that many who are against scripts are trying to make, (but fail to do so because they seem more interested in insults and flames) is that a script designed to execute a simple move is not a big deal.

However, a script specifically designed to execute a move or a set of commands that's success depends solely on the rate of speed upon which the buttons are pressed is where the problem lies.

A perfect example is saber lock scripts. There is simply no way a human hand can press the primary attack button as fast as a script can execute the command.

I completely agree.

I'm, like I've said, certainly no advocate of scripts that are borderline exploits, such as the no force sabre script.

What I am advocating is that players realize that scripts are not inherently and always bad. They are not. In this game it is particularly easy to make exploits via scripts, and that is the game designers fault. (Should've set yawspeed as a server-side variable and almost all _exploits_ I know of would be rendered useless)

A lot of players are afraid of the, upon first glance, frightening concept of "scripting" and rule it off as a form of cheating. They should instead of making extreme generalizations take the time to atleast understand the concept of scripting.

i agree here to.

On a side note, the saberlock script can't be done. Saberlokck requires you to hit attack rapidly. A script can't do that for you really, i mean it can. But there's no telling how long ht elock will be, so the script either ends short, or ends late. If it ends late you are stuck till the script finishes. If it ends short, you have to exec the script again.

I think the people who are winning these saberlocks are those with rabid fire options on thier mouse/controller/joystick.

If you are a scripter you would know what i'm tlaking bout. You can't bind something to a button that repeats. There's no command to repeat till something lese happens. It just keeps going till the script ends.

Only other way would be for a scripter to write a short rapid fire script and set it with a end msg so you know you have to exec it again. Been even then, the saberlock can end before the script does, and you will be stuck till the script ends.

Originally posted by JaraDaj

i agree here to.

On a side note, the saberlock script can't be done. Saberlokck requires you to hit attack rapidly. A script can't do that for you really, i mean it can. But there's no telling how long ht elock will be, so the script either ends short, or ends late. If it ends late you are stuck till the script finishes. If it ends short, you have to exec the script again.

I think the people who are winning these saberlocks are those with rabid fire options on thier mouse/controller/joystick.

If you are a scripter you would know what i'm tlaking bout. You can't bind something to a button that repeats. There's no command to repeat till something lese happens. It just keeps going till the script ends.

Only other way would be for a scripter to write a short rapid fire script and set it with a end msg so you know you have to exec it again. Been even then, the saberlock can end before the script does, and you will be stuck till the script ends.

Hrrrm, yeah you can. I did a script that simply consists of a bunch of +/- attacks. Bind it to a key, hold that key. Done.

Poor game design :)

Originally posted by Jevesus

Hrrrm, yeah you can. I did a script that simply consists of a bunch of +/- attacks. Bind it to a key, hold that key. Done.

Poor game design :)

He's right JaraDaj; saber lock/break scripts are the simplest ones to do.

No "vstr" is required, just a simple + ; - repeated to the "x" time.

They can also have +force_throw (what we call push) thrown into the string to end the lock even faster.

Archived