Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Open up in wordpad and put the whole command on one line for each move. (i changed it because of the truncation in the forum.)

you should have no problem with the lunge but i dnot know why, when i try to pull off the yellow, it changes the stance to red.

freaky.

I'll try to sort it out.

And the saberattackcycle is wrong. Its saberAttackCycle. the variable is case sensitive

****UPDATE****

Cannot gain full control of the saberAttackCycle. Maybe something else is needed.

****UPDATE 2****

Got my script above to work (the wait was too short.)

The only thing that doesn'twork is the DFA script part. I will try and update the waiting period.

Well, if the turn isn't enough of a turn, att more wats.. if it turns you only 45 degrees, then add 3 times the waits, to equal 180. As for making it faster, i'm working on it... prob have to change the yaw speed as i did in my spinmove.

AS for the kick to DFA, i never tested it, so i doubt it works, it just needs the timing worked out. IE add more waits.

Remember peole, this is for learning, i don't get paid to make scripts, i'm just doing it so you all can understand what a script is, what they can and can't do. I'll throw out ideas, point you in the right direction, etc.... but most of the time i won't have them tested. I work 10 hour days ,sometimes longer so when i get home i usually just relax with a game of warcraft3, or NWN, maybe SOF2.. depends on my mood. Well untill recently, i just tend to swoon over my ex now.

Let's look at it again,

set Frontbs "+left; wait2; -left; +back; +attack; -back; -attack"

bind X "vstr frontbs"

try this one;

set Frontbs "+left; wait6; -left; +back; +attack; -back; -attack"

bind X "vstr frontbs"

then try this one and see if it's faster;

set Frontbs "seta cl_yawspeed "3000"; +left; wait3; -left; +back; +attack; -back; -attack; seta cl_yawspeed "140""

bind X "vstr frontbs"

not sure if the last one will work, but it'll be fun if it does... then

just add the spin code and bam, they will hate you

PS, Whoot, 69 posts.. my fav, err number i mean, get your heads out of the gutter

My above script works for the lunge and the Medium Finsher now.

:):):)

(hmm, i wonder if im happy g)

will work out the waiting periods for the DFA when i get home from work.

also if you think its a good i dea, i'll put all o the scripts on this page up on my website on angelfire.

With your permission JaraDaj.

Just to put my two cents into the 'great scripting debate':

Scripting is cheating, and cheating online i do not condone.. however, i've been in countless situations where a script-laden bastard is ruining, and dominating the game. This is where this thread is useful. Using fire against fire (and only against fire) puts the little prick back in his/her place, and eases your frustration. Demystifying scripting, as one post put it, is a great thing to do. It gives the honest a great weapon to use against the, well, not-so-honest. Be mindful, abusing scripts (or being a gorgantuan assfigher) in an otherwise clean mp match wrecks the fun for every player, and makes you deserving of the nuclear scripting wedgie that an honest and artful player will so kindly grant you. And that, my friends, is the end of the controversy.

well first of this is my first posting here, ive never felt the need to break my long standing tenure of silence till now. Ironicly enough its about the great scripting debate which I for one concure with the fighting fire with fire ideal, but not as an everyday thing.

Now i wish to impart a small tidbit of info most here might find educational. through my time of dueling an fighting the A$$ masters or fighters as you call them, ive discoveryed a little trick to help even the score on a normal playing field. First you go with your normal yellow or medium attack style spin, now the trick to this like all things is timeing, you need to have a key bound to the cycle the blade styles done before hand to allow for quick switching. now as soon as you execute the normal yellow spin you can hit the style cycle button to switch immediately to the red an thus earning a score spinning hit with red damage at yellow speeds :D I was wondering if it would be possible to script something like that to bind a key too.

Secondly if Malinkie would be kind enought to post his final script revisions to see as a template, also i dunno if this was answered eariler but ive heard tell of the auto kicker script reduceing things back to the old way of one button kicks again, is this true...? If so could we see an example of such scripting? thank you for your time

- Syrex

Originally posted by TKMaim

What'r the key names for the key pad keys?

Is it KPAD_1 thru KPAD_9? How do you reference the Pg Down, Pg Up Keys?

Is there a list somewhere that you could post?

Thx,

Maim......

:) :)

KP_INS

KP_DEL

KP_END

KP_DOWNARROW

KP_PGDN

KP_LEFTARROW

KP_5

KP_RIGHTARROW

KP_HOME

KP_UPARROW

KP_PGUP

I think KP_ENTER works as well... not sure though. I hope this helps.

Hey if you wanna make a site and post scripts there, by all means go for it. But put on your flame protected suit, just be ready for it. I'll be more than happy (how can that be?) to give ya permission, no prob there.... i'll even be interested in writing more if they are useful.

Best way to combat the different servers stuff for scripts is to write another one, the exact same way, but have it add more waits, or take em away. Then just exec one of em, if it doesn't work, exec the other. A good habit is to add the line;

unbind X

Add that to the top of the script, this will unbind the key, so you can exec another script and bind it to that key without ill effects from other binds. The difference was the lag i'm betting. How well did the one with the yaw_speed work? Did ya try both? was there a difference in both of them? I've been spending my time playing warcraft3 and nwn, so i haven't tested these out. But there's a lan party this saturday that i'll be at where they will be playing jk2. I suppose i can show em some tricks.

cvar print out.... you can either ;

A, type cmdlist in console and write em down or do a screenshot

B, open up your mpconfig in wordpad and save it somewhere else as a backup file. That file has many commands. I suggest binding every command in the game to something so they all show up when you look at the cfg file.

C, find the game engine (modified q3) and search for a scripting site for that game. The commands tend to be the same, with some minor differences and/or add-ons

D, get the sdk from the dev site and see what they got in it. My guess is they have everything you need to make a mod, so it would be safe to say they will have all the commands somewhere.

I'm on a role, any other requests???

I already have the Command list from JK2 and the CVAR List o my site.

I expect it to be up by the end of today.

Flams don't piss me off. I don't use the scripts, i just write them for learning purposes.

About the up dated script for my moves in blue stance, here it is...

(only for blue lunge and yellow finisher.)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//Cycle variable strings

set "cycle" "saberAttackCycle; wait 2"

//Blue Stance Lunge

set "lunge" "+movedown; wait 1; +movedown; +forward; +attack; wait 1; -attack; -forward; -movedown"

//Medium Finisher

set "mf" "+forward; wait 1; +forward; +moveup; +attack; wait 1; -attack; -moveup; -forward"

bind "MOUSE2" "vstr lunge"

bind "KP_END" "vstr cycle; vstr mf; vstr cycle; vstr cycle"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Remember and put the whole command line on one line with wordpad.

The truncation in the thread makes the cfg not work.

Thanks.

Originally posted by lexx

How do you change your skins default taunt? I want a different taunt for all my female skins. They all have the same stupid taunt "come on over here" and it's really annoying me! :confused:

Well, i think you are out of luck. Unless you can make a mod, and have people download it.... or write to lucas arts and complain.... or write a script, that changes you skin, then taunts, then changes it back very fast. As far as i can tell, you can't "link" another taunt from a skin if you aren't using that skin.... since the taunt audio file is in the pk3 files where the art/skin is for the model.

These are all the scripted moves that I know of, yet never use (except for the 2 handed backsweep, that is a showy move).

2 Handed Backsweep:

bind (key) "+movedown;+back;+attack"

Light Lunge

bind (key) "+movedown;+forward;+attack"

Undercut

bind (key) "+forward;+moveup;+attack"

This is really sad. If u suk, don't cheat (don't tell me its not cheating...it's the biggest load of bs ever) just practice till u get better. u don't need to cheat to do well.

but i really have 1 point i wanna make

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE FRIKEN FRAG COUNT PEOPLE!!! DON'T CHEAT FOR A FEW EASY KILLS!!! DAMN IT! THE GAME IS SOPPOSED TO BE ABOUT THE FUN!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As i've said before. AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN. a few people on here DO NOT use the scripts they or i write. They are just here for reference.

Learning purposes people. NOTHING MORE.

Maybe people like us will finally make the gaming industried shut these back doors down. Until then, i'm gonna learn from them.

Learning and using these are two different things. I'm just trying to expand my knowledge of these games. Kinda like Hackers 'White Hat Hackers that is'. Finding exploits, then showign them to the rest of the world so that the companys making these games do not make the same mistake in the future.

Well, i think you are out of luck. Unless you can make a mod, and have people download it.... or write to lucas arts and complain.... or write a script, that changes you skin, then taunts, then changes it back very fast. As far as i can tell, you can't "link" another taunt from a skin if you aren't using that skin.... since the taunt audio file is in the pk3 files where the art/skin is for the model.

But I've heard them on many an occasion. A female skin with a male taunt. I'll just have to ask them next time I come across it.

Thanks anyway ;)

Here lexx, this may let you do it. get back to me on the results OK.

/////////////////////////////////////

set "owntaunt" "model "reborn/default"; wait 3; +taunt; -taunt; model "chiss/default""

bind f10 "vstr owntaunt"

//changing the models to the ones you want.

////////////////////////////////////

I dont see what the big fuss is about with these people coming on here. The way I look at it, people using scripts are good practice. But, just because they have a script... doesnt make them good. If I'm not stuck laying there on my back, Im not going to just sit there and let them spin around 1000 times a minute and try to hack me... spining or not, you can still kick them, pull them etc, to get them on the ground (cant swing) and take a bash at them. No big deal. My clan and I have been accused of cheating, scripting, the whole nine yards. It doesnt bother me one bit, because I know we are better than most we come accross. Good players and scripters alike can come at me, I dont care... ya know what? They may kill me once or twice... but in the end... I'll own them. Dont spend all your time bitching about this ****, learn from it and get better, or stop playing. Face it, some people are more competitive than others, and if you arent competitive and want to play JK2 Multiplayer with strangers... you are a damn masacist(spell?), because you must love to get beat down by people who thrive on winning. Learn to live with it, or get out. Also, dont forget, during the summer months, most of the people playing are just bratty little kids... who just want to get their little jollies killing people so they can feel bigger than they are. Dont let them have fun laughing at you, because your getting pissed getting the **** knocked out of you... suck it up, move on, or find a way to beat them.

My personal vice is 1.03... cant stand the game, its been reduced to people running around backwards fighting. Looks dumb... is dumb... so i dont play 1.03... just 1.02... but you dont hear me in 1.03 bitching at people. Grow a sack keep on trucking... maybe this game isnt for you.

As for the rest of you, keep on keepin' on. More power to ya... this stuff is facinating, especially to me, I know what Im up against... and so far... Im not worried. Have fun.

Peace:fett:

Originally posted by ninex

As for the rest of you, keep on keepin' on. More power to ya... this stuff is facinating, especially to me, I know what Im up against... and so far... Im not worried. Have fun.

Peace:fett:

That's the whole idea....Mountain out of a mole hill i think it goes..

Here lexx, this may let you do it. get back to me on the results OK.

/////////////////////////////////////

set "owntaunt" "model "reborn/default"; wait 3; +taunt; -taunt; model "chiss/default""

bind f10 "vstr owntaunt"

//changing the models to the ones you want.

////////////////////////////////////

Thanks, I'll get back to you on that. ;)

Archived