Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

Hey . . . . well does anyone know why people win sabre locks so easily? Are they using a script or what, I just seem to never be able to compete against lots of people. I dont know maybe im to slow at clicking to even win. Well laterz

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by joey_kool

Would it be possible to bind the mousewheel click (yes, pressing down on the mousewheel) so that you do the medium (yellow) special move where you flip over?

Im sure you could..i think it would be

bind MOUSE3 "+forward; +moveup; +attack"

This script lets you cycle through reborn skins with M

set change1 "model reborn 1;; bind m vstr change2"

set change2 "model reborn/acrobat 2;; bind m vstr change3"

set change3 "model reborn/boss 3;; bind m vstr change4"

set change4 "model reborn/fencer 4;; bind m vstr change1"

bind m vstr change1

More Models to cycle through

Very Long

set change4 "model reborn/fencer 4;; bind m vstr change5"

set change5 "model luke 5;; bind m vstr change6"

set change6 "model kyle 6;; bind m vstr change7"

set change7 "model jan 7;; bind m vstr change8"

set change8 "model lando 8;; bind m vstr change9"

set change9 "model stormtrooper 9;; bind m vstr change10"

set change10 "model swamptrooper 10;; bind m vstr change11"

set change11 "model desann 11;; bind m vstr change12"

set change12 "model bespin_cop 12;; bind m vstr change13"

set change13 "model chiss 13;; bind m vstr change14"

set change14 "model galak 14;; bind m vstr change15"

set change15 "model gran 15;; bind m vstr change16"

set change16 "model imperial 16;; bind m vstr change17"

set change17 "model imperial_worker 17;; bind m vstr change18"

set change18 "model jedi 18;; bind m vstr change19"

set change19 "model monmthma 20;; bind m vstr change20"

set change20 "model morgan 21;; bind m vstr change21"

set change21 "model prisoner 22;; bind m vstr change22"

set change22 "model rebel 23;; bind m vstr change23"

set change23 "model reelo 24;; bind m vstr change24"

set change24 "model roadian 25;; bind m vstr change25"

set change25 "model shadowtrooper 26;; bind m vstr change26"

set change26 "model tavion 27;; bind m vstr change27"

set change27 "model trandoshan 28;; bind m vstr change28"

set change28 "model ugnaught 29;; bind m vstr change29"

set change29 "model weequay 30;; bind m vstr change1"

bind m vstr change1

Hi.

I'm new to JKII and I just registered in this forum.

Concerning scripts, I think adding an option to disable them would solve the problems their causing. That way scripters could still have fun while not spoiling others games. This would end the flames too.

However this idea doesn't seem to be any new, but the only arguments on the scripters side I've seen are "That's part of the game". I'm not familiarized with the Q3 engine but I'm sure that disabling the introduction of commands on the console, from the user, isn't that hard to accomplish...

I've just tried some scripts and I must say it adds a whole new depth to the game, but if things remain how they are, with time everyone we'll see online is using them, and those who cant or don't want to will slowly quit from the game because they can't have a fair fight anymore.

On a side note. JaraDaj, I'm confused on where you stand on this issue because, as you said, the sooner this stuff comes out the sooner they'll patch it.

I'm done :p

Cheers

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys for giving me some insight on scripting. I won't use it in game but it's good to know what to look for, and how to do it.

I was in a CTF game yesterday and a guy started doing these funky break-dancing moves so we all got together and started spinning around...breakin!.... Try it:

Use the spin script from the first page of this post.... go into a tuck and forward roll and when your on your head, hit the spin key. Make sure someone gets a SS of you... I missed mine yesterday...

Anyway, have fun...

Originally posted by TUGA

On a side note. JaraDaj, I'm confused on where you stand on this issue because, as you said, the sooner this stuff comes out the sooner they'll patch it.

I'm all for scripting, but some commands should have never accessable. Scripting is a way to even the ground for those of us who are smart but lack eye hand skills. For others it's a form of expression, and still others it's a way to expand thier minds in a subject that they like, ie the game. Yet some use it to win, and onl win. But the way the game was made, script or no script, anyone with skill can win.

As of now, the only script i use is the spin script, for emergencies and/or freaking people out. I'm just waiting for them to patch the commands that are too powerful (ie yaw_speed) and maybe add a few more. I'd like to beable to bind to -/+ of a button. That would bring new options.

On a side note, i found an interesting "bug" in the game. You can use secondary fire on the rocket launcher and try to lock on to someone, as you hold it down, switch weapons. Sooner or later you will get a lock on the target (if they are still alive) and you can return to the rocket launcher and fire. This in a script would allow the user to get a lock without leaving themselves open, ie they can still fight back with another gun or saber and switch back to the rocket launcher when they want to fire the locked rocket. Very interesting....

Originally posted by superchunk

Hey . . . . well does anyone know why people win sabre locks so easily? Are they using a script or what, I just seem to never be able to compete against lots of people. I dont know maybe im to slow at clicking to even win. Well laterz

Check in the first few pages of this thread, there are some ways, with the help of a script, to win saber locks.

Originally posted by knyte

Youre still an ass JaraDaj

Whats this thing with everyone having Aaayla as their picture? Shes not hot people, plus shes an alien, plus shes imaginary....

I value your concern, that's for the bump.

As for the avatar... it's really the only good looking pic of a female i had to choose from. I'll change it for you when i get my digital camera working and put myself in it's place. Just for you *kisses*

Originally posted by knyte

Youre still an ass JaraDaj

Whats this thing with everyone having Aaayla as their picture? Shes not hot people, plus shes an alien, plus shes imaginary....

1- JaraDaj's avatar is actually Lyn Me, from RotJ SE.

2- Yes, she is that hot

3- So what if she's an alien, she's still hot

4- The character is imaginary, the actress isn't

This threads been pretty helpful. It helped me script a monologue taunt, which was a big mistake I later found out. Still fun though :D . There were about eight seperate messages with wait counts of around 200 between each, so they go slow enough to be read. I found out when using the final version though that you can't move when it's activated, and I was in a duel at the time. Whoops :o . Good thing we were on duel_jedi, and I was in the container thing and my opponent was outside waiting.

Originally posted by Cognito

Yes you are cheating if you use these scripts. If you cant do it your damn self with the controls given and need to resort to this you suck nuts. Please let them stop this crap.

heh, stop and think before you say something Cognito. I'm using the same controls everyone else is, except mine is in a different combination than yours. While you look no farther than the setup screen in the game, i've looked beyond that with my imagination. Alas, i'm sure we will never meet so i can no more prove my skill than you can prove your point.

Thanks for the bump

The choices you are given in the setup screen should be all you use. If you need to put two or three moves together thats either lazy or cheating.

Its cool that youve figured out ways to manipulate the game, seriously that takes some knowledge. Using them to frag by skipping steps you make the game cheap. Its just my opinion of course. I think that you would maybe enjoy the challenge more if you took them out.

How ya like my new avatar.

Originally posted by Genko

can anyone post a sabrelock script? im losing sabrelocks the whole time.

I know there's got to be an easier way, but maybe

/bind X "+attack; +attack; +attack; +attack...etc"

Youd prob have to experiment to find the right number of attacks to throw in there though; and it would be hard because it will depend on your oppenent also. If you put 40 in there, expecting it to be a long duel, it would suck if your opponent is knocked down in 4 seconds and then you're stuck attacking another 30x :)

Originally posted by Genko

can anyone post a sabrelock script? im losing sabrelocks the whole time.

Try;

bind X "+attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack; +attack; -attack"

This should stop when you release the button. So in a saberlock, hit it and hold it down. When you win or lose let the button go. Another alternative is to bind it to your mouse wheel, and just scroll... but most of us like to use mwheel for weapon switching.

Now you ask, why so many +/- attacks.... well you don't know how long the lock will be, better to have more than less, and if the script stops when you release the button, you won't be stuck till the script ends. Plus you will need the +attack, then a -attack. otherwise the server will think you haven't release the attack button, and just are holding it down. Remember;

+attack; +attack; +attack is the same as +attack

same goes for;

-attack; -attack; -attack is the same as -attack

PS. on a side not, sorry i never checked my PMs... didn't realize i had some :)

//an attack toogle

set "attacking" "vstr at1"

set "at1" "+attack; set "attacking" "vstr at2""

set "at2" "-attack; set "attacking" "vstr at1""

bind x "attacking"

Here is a toogle. press button once to start attacking.

once the lock is over press the button again to stop.

Originally posted by Replica X

This script lets you cycle through reborn skins with M

set change4 "model reborn/fencer 4;; bind m vstr change1"

bind m vstr change1

Replica~ here's a better way to write your script (as well as the very long one).

set change1 "model reborn 1;set change_reborn_skin vstr change2"
set change2 "model reborn/acrobat 2;set change_reborn_skin  vstr change3"
set change3 "model reborn/boss 3;set change_reborn_skin  vstr change4"
set change4 "model reborn/fencer 4;set change_reborn_skin  vstr change1"
bind m vstr change_reborn_skin

What I did was I got rid of the bind statement in statements 1 through 4 and replaced them with set change_reborn_skin vstr vstrname. My reasoning behind doing this is to make it easier on you or whomever to rebind this script to a new key. If you keep your very long one the way it is and if you decide to remap it to another key then you would have to go through every line and make the change (Find & Replace work good here). But there's no need to do that. Once your script is working there shouldn't be any need to mess with it, even for binds. Just map a key for the general variable string. Try mine out and you'll see it works just as good as yours but mine is easier to remap.

Archived