Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

I have downloaded several different saber hilts and i was wondering if there is a way to switch between them while playing, is there a script that can be made for it, i have a script for Saber colour changing and model changing, one for Saber Hilts would be very nice.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Son of Calypso

Question: I have used the Reborn Cycle & Saber Colors scripts in two different games I played but... Why can't I use them in the same game? Can you only have one script enabled at a time?

Also check the name of the variable being used. In this case change is the name along with a number. You shouldn't run 2 different scripts with the same variables... just good practice not to. The values are saved in the games memory and called when needed, if you have 2 different values it will use the last one placed in memory, i believe.

Originally posted by malinkie

//an attack toogle

set "attacking" "vstr at1"

set "at1" "+attack; set "attacking" "vstr at2""

set "at2" "-attack; set "attacking" "vstr at1""

bind x "attacking"

Here is a toogle. press button once to start attacking.

once the lock is over press the button again to stop.

That's interesting Malinkie, does it work??? Very nice if it does

set "attacking" "vstr at1"

set "at1" "+attack; set "attacking" "vstr at2""

set "at2" "-attack; set "attacking" "vstr at1""

bind x "attacking"

---------------------------------------------------------------

that doesnt work.

for the saberlock script, wont a simple "+attack; -attack;" b enough as long as u hold the button? if u add all those attck commands in it, wont the game read the move by how long u press the button times how many attack comand per button? i had a bad experience with this when i hold was leaning my palm on a button (z) that i scriupt to do a horzontal slash, it stuck there doing this move for like a min......

and here's sumthing i thought would b great for a Mercs out there, is there any way asign a button to let the sniper gun zoom in for one second then quickly fire? that way merc can have a use the more powerful secondary fire while still b able to move round

it would b like using a rail gun in Q2,

Originally posted by Ken Kasanagi

for the saberlock script, wont a simple "+attack; -attack;" b enough as long as u hold the button? if u add all those attck commands in it, wont the game read the move by how long u press the button times how many attack comand per button? i had a bad experience with this when i hold was leaning my palm on a button (z) that i scriupt to do a horzontal slash, it stuck there doing this move for like a min......

Good point. I believe the best way to script a saberlock script would be to bind it to the mousewheel. That's the best way to control it. I personally have pull to mousewheel down and push to mouse wheel up. You can easily make a script that with a press of a button, binds the mousewheel up and down to attacks. Then with the same button press, rebinds them to thier previous binds. The only concern there is that you have to press a button to config the script to the mosue wheel, loosing seconds (maybe half a second if you are fast enough). This will not due if you know they have a better written sberlock script.

and here's sumthing i thought would b great for a Mercs out there, is there any way asign a button to let the sniper gun zoom in for one second then quickly fire? that way merc can have a use the more powerful secondary fire while still b able to move round

it would b like using a rail gun in Q2,

Why not bind a key that when held down, will zoom in and charge the shot. When you let it go it'll fire, then zoom out. With the +/- binds it should be easy as pie. Would anyone use it? If so post here and i'll make it quickly.

Originally posted by Genko

i binded +attack; -attack and it doesnt work too

A single +attack; -attack won't work... That just hit attack once for you. The idea is to get the script to constantly hit attack, untill you deactivate it, without having to wait till the script ends. I still think the mouse wheel would be the best way.

no jaraDai, i dont mean the charge shot i mean the secondary fire wifout charge up, but thanx i got the idea now, i just mean having a script that let u fire the secondary fire like a normal one, toggle the zoom in and the quickly fire then zoom out, so if its done on script it can happen so fast the zoom view will not show up, it'll just fire the 2ndary fire (which is alot stronger than the normal one) while ur running around.

no jaraDai, i dont mean the charge shot i mean the secondary fire wifout charge up, but thanx i got the idea now, i just mean having a script that let u fire the secondary fire like a normal one, toggle the zoom in and the quickly fire then zoom out, so if its done on script it can happen so fast the zoom view will not show up, it'll just fire the 2ndary fire (which is alot stronger than the normal one) while ur running around.

Aye, i get ya... i was under the impression that the secondary fire was more powerful becuase you charge it. Without a charge i thought it was just as strong as normal. I also think that there's a zoom in/out animation. So even if it's done really fast, there will be some "delay" as the weapon will zoom out.

How would you like it? Bound to a key for that weapon only or as a toggle? Say i use mouse1 to fire all my stuff like normal, woiuld you want it as another button on the keyboard to fire it or as a toggle so that i hit it when i pull the gun out and mouse1 is nor the button that fire the weapon in that fashion.

Originally posted by PETEYKing

People call scripts cheats becuase scripts come out more accuratley than you doing it and it only requires you to push one button

I wouldn't say that, they come across one way, without the ability to improvise (sp?). They do what they were made to do without error, true. But the certain circumstances that they were built for doesn't always happen. Unlike human's ability to "pull something out of your a$$", script don't have an a$$.

The last part is right, one button usually. I personally think people called them cheats becuase;

1. They didn't think of it themselves and thus consider it unfair.

2. They don't have the knowledge on how to use them so they consider them unfair. "If i can't use it no one should."

3. They are full of themselves.

4. They have no idea what a script can and can't do.

One of these usually applies.

Originally posted by LAFS04

how do I do the push backstab combo?

You target the enemy and use force push. It's best to wait till they are attacking and using the force. When they fly and fall to the ground you run to them, getting near and turning 180 degrees (you can sometimes get away with only turning 120 degrees) and hit back and attack.

If you want a script for it, i'd say no way... too many variables to script it. Can't be done effectively, you don't know if they will fall when pushed, you don't know how far they will fly. Hell they might not even be on the ground by the time you get to them.

Originally posted by Ticallion38

Can someone help me?

I've scrolled through all these pages,did everything exactly like you guys said.I just wanted to try out a couple scripts to see how they worked,wasn't gonna use em in a multiplayer game..just a little too cheap.

Anyhow,I copy and pasted one of em into a notepad,saved it as autoexec.cfg and put it in the game base folder where it should be.I tried single AND multiplayer,but it didn't do anything.I even tried the other way where you'd need to execute the file with ~ + shift,but it said the .cfg couldn't be executed,any ideas?

Check your extension on the cfg file. If it said it can't be executed it means;

A. The file isn't there (in your base directory)

B. The file isn't named correctly, you are typing it wrong when exec it or the extension isn't right. It might be named autoexec.cfg.txt

On a side not, i hope you are tring one script at a time. Cutting and pasting everything at once will get you confused. Add one then another then another... little by little.

I don't mind the pull backstabers... They don't bother me. Hell i manually use pull/push backstab, i don't use a script for it. Using a script for that move just means you have to get in perfect position. The script will (if configured right) turn you exactly 180 degrees and then backstab. I can shave off more time by doing it manually, and if the guy get's up before i get there, i don't backstab, but if you script it, you have to wait till the script ends, usually missing the backstab.

See what it comes down to is either you use script to enhance YOUR play, or you enhance your play WITH scripts. There's a difference. One relies on the scripts, the other tweaks thier game play with them.

To change to extension you should first open up Windows Explorer. Look on the top drop down menus and look for Tools (near Help). Select Folder options. Then select the tab View. In the window uncheck the option for "hide file extensions of known file types".

Then Apply it and go see the cfg file, right click and select rename. Then delete the .txt

Done

You can save yourself the trouble by saving it as a .cfg file. To do this, write your script in notepad. Select "save as" and in the drop down box under where you type the name of the file (line "save file as"), select "all files". Then enter the name you wish the script to have and put a .cfg at the end of it. It should save as a .cfg file.

Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

No script server? Not possible. Scripts are binds. You cannot block key binding in the Quake 3 engine.

Please do go back to 1337 speaking trash of the Counter-Strike world; your presence is really not wanted here.

Lol H0m023xu41 i2 gh3y! R34d h12 n4m3!

PS. Found a new Scripting site! HAS SOOOO MANY SCRIPTS!

www.scriptsville.com/jk2

Originally posted by JaraDaj

Any stance, back attack without the 180 degree move;

set "backstab" "+back;+moveright;+attack;wait;wait;-back;-moveright;-attack"

bind X "vstr backstab"

ok im having a lil trouble with this1

i can do backstab just fine but when other ppl use scrpits they BS me befor i can even start mine

so does any1 know if this 1 works or what?? or know of a better 1

i just need it to start the BS...not a 180 turn ill do that

Originally posted by JaraDaj

Any stance, back attack without the 180 degree move;

set "backstab" "+back;+moveright;+attack;wait;wait;-back;-moveright;-attack"

wheres the script that includes the 180 turn with this first ?

Originally posted by quijbe

There is no one perfect script for this. I don't think anyone has found a command in the game which automatically does a 180 & stops. You have to add in a turn command for a set period of time that will turn you 180 degrees.

The problem with this is that not only is the rate of turn different for each player, but it can also vary for each player depending on what server they're on, ping, etc. So you could create a script that will turn you 180 degrees when you test it by yourself, & then play online & either turn too much or not enough so that the script doesn't work.

There are some good tips in this thread on how to tinker with this if you want to.

Originally posted by quijbe

yea, the ubove poster is right... look on page 3 i think, for some ideas. There's 2 or 3 turn/backstab scripts

Archived