Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any scripting expert who can solve this?

How do you bind commands to lets say the f key such that you grip someone while you press f and throw him away when you release the button? in mp of course ....

I have many questions about how to script. Like I just bought this game and even more recently found out about scripting and all this stuff and I am so interested in it and at the same time confused completely. I was wondering if someone could tell me where to find a very detailed tutorial on scripting and also maybe a command list for the game and exactly what the commands do. If someone knows a location where I can find these things pleeze hook me up with the info.

I might not always be able to check the message boards here so if you have the knowlage of where to locate the stuff I mentioned above please share it with me by emailing me

>>>>>>JangoFett@yahoo.com :jango:

thanx :jango::slave:

Okay, so I saw that post awhile back where someone talked about writing a script to change their binds depending on the type of game they play, and I thought it sounds like a good idea and tried to do it myself. Well, parts of it work. I tried writing up a config with four key configs put in, one for basic binds to be used no matter what type of mp I'm doing, one that adds gun binds, one that adds lightsider binds, and one for darksider binds.

When I tried running it ingame, 1) I realized that I made a slight mistake since I couldn't do four different exec commands, I'd have to remember the vstr binds, and 2) the basic, guns, and darksider binds are all implemented when I run the script. Anotherwords I can't choose which to use at any one time, and I can't access the lightside binds at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do different? Here's what I have right now:

//key bind script

//normal key binds

set "keybinds"

unbindall;

bind DEL "exec myavanua.cfg";

bind INS "exec rboss.cfg";

bind HOME "exec rodian.cfg";

bind END "exec krishara.cfg";

bind F1 "+taunt";

bind F2 "say Good Fight.";

bind F3 "say yes";

bind F4 "say no";

bind F5 "say lol";

bind F6 "say sure";

bind TAB "+scores";

bind SPACE "+moveup";

bind D "+back";

bind E "+forward";

bind F "+moveright";

bind S "+moveleft";

bind MOUSE1 "+attack";

bind MOUSE2 "+movedown";

bind MOUSE3 "+altattack";

bind SHIFT "+speed";

bind Y "saberAttackCycle";

bind B "+use";

bind L "engage_duel";

bind I "messagemode";

bind O "messagemode2";

bind H "screenshot_tga";

bind J "centerview";

bind ENTER "+button2";

bind - "invprev";

bind = "invnext";

//with guns binds

set "withguns"

bind P "cg_thirdperson !";

bind 0 "weapon 10";

bind 1 "weapon 1";

bind 2 "weapon 2";

bind 3 "weapon 3";

bind 4 "weapon 4";

bind 5 "weapon 5";

bind 6 "weapon 6";

bind 7 "weapon 7";

bind 8 "weapon 8";

bind 9 "weapon 9";

bind MWHEELUP "weapnext";

bind MWHEELDOWN "weapprev";

//lightsider binds

set "lightsider"

unbind W;

unbind R;

unbind Z;

unbind V;

unbind Q;

unbind G;

unbind A;

unbind T;

bind W "force_throw";

bind R "force_pull";

bind Z "force_speed";

bind V "force_seeing";

bind A "force_absorb";

bind G "force_heal";

bind Q "force_distract";

bind T "force_protect";

//darksider binds

set "darksider"

unbind W;

unbind R;

unbind Z;

unbind V;

unbind Q;

unbind G;

unbind A;

unbind T;

bind W "force_throw";

bind R "force_pull";

bind Z "force_speed";

bind V "force_seeing";

bind G "+force_lightning";

bind A "+force_drain";

bind T "+force_grip";

bind Q "force_rage";

//end seperate scripts

bind kp_5 "vstr keybinds";

bind kp_rightarrow "vstr withguns";

bind kp_end "vstr lightsider";

bind kp_downarrow "vstr darksider";

//end script

P.S. I also wrote a few scripts that change the current player model and several taunt message binds. Those work perfectly during playtesting. That's what those "exec rboss.cfg" etc. binds are.

BTW, I realize the most likely answer will be don't use a single script for everything, but what the fun in that be ? :D

You have syntax errors. Minor ones but those matter. You don't have the commands in quotes. IE;

set "darksider" "unbind W; unbind R; unbind Z; unbind V; unbind Q; unbind G; unbind A; unbind T; bind W "force_throw"; bind R "force_pull"; bind Z "force_speed"; bind V "force_seeing"; bind G "+force_lightning"; bind A "+force_drain"; bind T "+force_grip"; bind Q "force_rage""

That would be the correct part, only missed a pair of quotes. Light side should be;

set "lightsider" "unbind W; unbind R; unbind Z; unbind V; unbind Q; unbind G; unbind A; unbind T; bind W "force_throw"; bind R "force_pull"; bind Z "force_speed"; bind V "force_seeing"; bind A "force_absorb"; bind G "force_heal"; bind Q "force_distract"; bind T "force_protect""

Hope you see it.. another thing is i don't see you binding a key to use force powers, IE

bind Z "force_speed

That just switching to that force power, i believe.

And you haven't set

This is a pretty cool move for Single Player.

bind x "taunt;wait 120;thereisnospoon"

it is mainly for visual effect and personal enjoyment. what is does is it makes you taunt and partway through the taunt (depending how long you make the wait) the camera the will pan around you and make time slow down like when you kill bosses and stuff.

it is very cool visualy but other that that it serves no real purpose.

Try it and tell me what you think. :duel:

I would like to know if anyone could help me create a few scrpits I am working hard but I am new at this. I wanted to have it so I could do the wallflip but as I kick off the wall I would like it do the camera pan and slow down thing.

and I wonder if I could do something similar for the wall run but instead having the camera pan just have the timescale slow and then speed up when the wall run is done.

Aye, i get ya... i was under the impression that the secondary fire was more powerful becuase you charge it. Without a charge i thought it was just as strong as normal. I also think that there's a zoom in/out animation. So even if it's done really fast, there will be some "delay" as the weapon will zoom out.

not sure bout that one i read on one of the sites (think twins of doom's one or stratetgy.jediknightii.net) that the primary fire of the sniper gun is alot weaker, but mayb it just mean secondary fire is stronger coz it can b charged.

so now i'm working on a script (i aint good at writing these things....) to actually execute the zoom in view and charge up at the same time then fire the weapon b4 zooming out. i;m guessing its sumthing around secondary fire, wait 1, primary fire wait ?? and asigning it to a keybooard key will do, mayb it's probally dumb idea, since i can actually do this manually. like moving, zoom in a tiny fraction, then charge up b4 firing, only take round 3-4seconds, i was just hoping a script will make this even faster

The primary fire of the disruptor does 30 damage, with no armor penetration. The secondary fire of the disruptor does a max of 130, also with no armor penetration.

To zoom, it takes 1.5 seconds, and to charge fully once zoomed, it takes about 1.9 seconds.

When you charge up, it takes 21 power units out of your ammo pool, and when you fire, it takes out 6 more units, for a total of 27.

Hope that helps. I'm writing a weapons guide for JO, and I've put a lot of work into researching everything.

slacker

Ok I am testing this .cfg file stuff in SP and this file is in the right folder and all and when I execute it using the console it says execing test.cfg.

O.K. so far so good right? Wrong, this is what in the file:

bind b "victory" set "cheats" "HelpUsObi 1;sabercolor red;god;setForceAll 5;give all;g_saberrealisticcombat 1" bind n "vstr cheats" set "mtaunt" "taunt;wait 80;thereisnospoon" bind z "vstr mtaunt" set "rmwall" "+moveright;+forward;+moveup;timescale 0.5;wait 20;-moveright;-forward;-moveup;wait 490;timescale 1"

bind v "vstr rmwall" set "lmwall" "+moveleft;+forward;+moveup;timescale 0.5;wait 20;-moveleft;-forward;-moveup;wait 490;timecale 1" bind x "vstr lmwall"

O.K. the problem isn't that nothing works the problem is that only the following works:

( set "lmwall" "+moveleft;+forward;+moveup;timescale 0.5;wait 20;-moveleft;-forward;-moveup;wait 490;timecale 1" bind x "vstr lmwall" )

and it doesn't even work right cause it says "timescale is cheat protected" Can someone tell me what I did wrong and please be nice I am completely new at this.

Pleez get back to me with advice ASAP TY!

:eekanime:

Originally posted by Kin Lun Phoenix

I can't get this to work!!

set "backstab" "+back;+moveright;+attack;wait;wait;-back;-moveright;-attack"

bind X "vstr backstab"

All that happen is that I keep walking backwards. please help, me new to scripting

take out the +/-moveright ... then it will work but u still hav to get into position with the guy right behind u

that script to "minimize" jk2 so you can check aim messages and **** works great , BUT when you exit the game and go back the binded key wont work can anyone help me fix this or just give me a script i can bind to minimize jk2 and check aim messages Thx

Ok, please tell me if this is possible:

Can I write a script or whatever then go ingame and exec the .cfg file and then set the bind for the script... like if i want to be ingame and see what key works best or do i ABSOLUTELY have to put the bind x "vstr whatever" in the .cfg file?

God I'm sick of you little whining thumb suckin Mr. Clean Soul's.

A game cheat gives the person using it virtually total perfection.

God mode for example, it gives the player complete invincibility, they can't die, unless a certain area of the map is programmed to kill anything.

A cheat is perfection.

A script is not perfection, a script is like a robot, it lacks human qualities, it does not have the ability to evaluate its sorroundings and guess the timing to trigger itself.

The DFA script for example, once you trigger it executes the task, always at the same time. When you do it manually your accuracy is a lot better, when you fire yoursaber you have almost 1 seconds to jump, press and hold fire, and .1 seconds could mean the difference between hitting and missin your prey by a couple of inches.

JK2 is not about pressing keys, but timing, any damn n00b whose uses Windblows who can press CTRL-ALT-DEL can pretty well press BACK and ATTACK. Any n00b who can press CTRL-ALT-DEL can press forward jump attack, a new n00b can move his mouse to turn 300 times a second, but can any n00b or any script do it at the right time?

Interesting crap I found out about Mr. Clean Souls, you bash you call the scripters n00bs, you say they're cheats...now...mind telling us WTF you think it is a cheat? No explanation? Just call it a cheat cause you don't have the gift of scripting?

well they may not strictly be cheats -

they just give rubbish players a chance.

in other words thay are for people who aren't smart enough to get the moves down, or are too lazy.

Anyone who thinks its clever to use a script 'at the right time' is just weak.

i particularly like to use these scripts... (sorry if someone has already posted one of these, i didn't see them...)

pull/throw

bind x "force_pull;+altattack;wait;wait;wait;wait;-altattack"

if someone knows a good defense of this move, please post. Even using absorb will not allow blocking damage from this script. The reason I'm posting is hoping that if everyone uses it, someone might figure out a way to block it.

pull/front jumpkick

bind x "+forward;force_pull;wait;wait;+moveup;wait;wait;-moveup;wait;wait;+moveup;wait;wait;-moveup;-forward"

the way i've written this one, if you were moving forward you'll stop after the script finishes. It can be a bit annoying, but at least you don't have to be pressing forward to execute the move. Also having the pull is a bit annoying cause sometimes you might want to do a plain jumpkick...

roll/pull

bind x "+forward;wait;wait;+movedown;wait;wait;force_pull;wait;wait;-movedown;wait;wait;-forward"

i don't know why i scripted this one, but its just fun to do on unsuspecting peeps.

ENJOY!

I figured someone up here might know. Since search isnt working, please don't flame me if this a repeat.

How do you bind it so that you can say the players name after a

kill? I tried using what was in the botfiles as %s, but that just

gives me a ".s" to the screen.

Is it possible to do this? :confused:

Thanks

McWattisdead :fett:

Originally posted by mcwattisdead

I figured someone up here might know. Since search isnt working, please don't flame me if this a repeat.

How do you bind it so that you can say the players name after a

kill? I tried using what was in the botfiles as %s, but that just

gives me a ".s" to the screen.

Is it possible to do this? :confused:

Thanks

McWattisdead :fett:

Use the say_target command. Not sure if that the command off hand, but there's a say target command. That's prob what you want.

JaraDaj can you help me out? i have this script it works great till i exit the game and come back later then like forgets my binded key and i have to enter all this agian.

set FW vstr FW1

set FW "r_fullscreen 0; vid_restart; set FW vstr FW2"

set FW "r_fullscreen 1; vid_restart; set FW vstr FW1"

bind f1 vstr FW

this allows me to shrink the game to accsess aim internet etc if you could tell me why it does this or give me a new script me thx joo much so.

:jawa

Archived