Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

i knwo it will lag me, but if i put a "wait 50 " in there i'd be ok. its just for saber colors. but holding down the button for continuous scrolling has already been done, i want a challenge bu need to know if it is even possible ot do a continous loop from a toggle.

thnx

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure. I know it works for walking, but I think that's because it toggles the yes/no option in the game menu without opening it. Since all the other options are designed to be bound to a key I'm not sure that it can be made into a looping toggle without holding down the key. Sounds interesting though.

It may be possible if there is a way to program a script to automatically repeat itself at the end. Then you could possibly have one key to bind & execute the script & another to unbind the first key stopping the script from continuing. This is total speculation though & I have never tried anything like it. Maybe some of the other guys have done something similar that might be of help.

Can some one give me the script for changing my name. I want it to do something like:

I

Iy

Iyn

Iynx

-Iynx-

--Iynx--

-Iynx-

Iynx

With maybe a second wait between each one? So It flash I, then Iy, then Iyn, and so on and then finally get's back to Just plain Iynx. Can that be done?

-Iynx

Yes that one would be very easy to do I think. Try something like this:

bind x "name I; wait 3000; name Iy; wait 3000; name Iyn; wait 3000; name Iynx"

anyway, you get the idea. You can adjust the wait # & add in all the other changes to your name as you wish.

i've seen several posts at the valley and here asking about the rainbow sabre colour taunt in Vulcanis Adminmod:

you can look HERE, or as reference:

set saber1 "amtaunt; saber1 0; wait 5; vstr saber2"

set saber2 "color1 1; wait 5; vstr saber3"

set saber3 "color1 2; wait 5; vstr saber4"

set saber4 "color1 3; wait 5; vstr saber5"

set saber5 "color1 4; wait 5; vstr saber6"

set saber6 "color1 5; wait 5; vstr saber7"

set saber7 "color1 0"

bind x "vstr saber1"

put this in autoexec.cfg:

set blue_special "-moveleft;-moveright;-moveup;-movedown;+movedown;-back;-forward;+forward;+attack;wait 2;-attack;-forward;-movedown"

set yellow_special "-back;-forward;+forward;-movedown;-moveup;+moveup;+attack;wait 2;-attack;-moveup;-forward"

set red_special "+attack;wait 90;-moveleft;-moveright;-back;-forward;+forward;wait 2;-movedown;-moveup;+moveup;wait 2;-moveup;-forward;-attack"

set blue_stance "saberAttackCycle;bind mouse2 vstr blue_special;bind mouse3 vstr yellow_stance"

set yellow_stance "saberAttackCycle;bind mouse2 vstr yellow_special;bind mouse3 vstr red_stance"

set red_stance "saberAttackCycle;bind mouse2 vstr red_special;bind mouse3 vstr blue_stance"

set reset_all "bind mouse2 vstr blue_special;bind mouse3 vstr yellow_stance"

type thse into the console when you are in a game:

bind mouse2 "vstr blue_special"

bind mouse3 "vstr yellow_stance"

bind PGDN "vstr reset_all"

Ok, what this little badboy does is make your mouse2 button the "stance special move" button and the mouse3 button a toggle for the mouse2 special move and your stance at the same time. So, when you choose light stance, you get the blue special move on the mouse2 button, when you choose yellow, you get the yellow special on the mouse2 button, etc...

To make it work and be in synch, you change to the blue stance, press the PGDN to reset and then off you go. Do this right when you spawn. If you dont reset and ended the last game in a stance other than blue, the mouse2 button will call the wrong special move script.

The blue special and yellow special pretty much work under all conditions and you probably won't need to tweak. As mentioned earlier, the red special "wait 90" may have to be lowered or raised to something that is more proportional to the framerate you are getting. The 90 is the number of game "ticks" and the number of ticks per second varies depending on your computer hardware.

Have fun, this script helped me not get totally upset with the pros out there killing me at will. I still couldn't kill the really good players very often, but at least I felt like I was becoming the king of the newbies and I was getting compliments from the good players. I probably would have quit without having this script because the frustration level was so high at first and the learning curve so high.

One thing to remember is that other than the blue special, which I still use, the yellow and red still take a measure of timing, aim, and dexterity to perform correctly. For instance, the yellow script will execute the move, BUT, you have to have the opponent in your reticule (it has to be red too) when you push the button for the move to work. The yellow and red special script also will not stop until executed completely, no turning back. I took great care to avoid stops in movement, but every so often the yellow and red will cause your movement keys to get out of state and you can't move in a certain direction and sometimes the script won't execute the move. When either happens, just move around a little in all directions (quick circle does it) as fast as you can and try again.

Good Fighting!!!

Ok here goes, I was playing on my 1.02 Server last night when someone joined my server that did something to irritate the one of the other admins enough to kick him. Well said person rejoined and threatnend to lag the server out if it happened again. well needless to say he was kicked yet once again. (no ban mind you) anyways shortly there after my server started to lag horribly and he joined again asking us how we liked the lag. (ruined the game mind you) Now im not sure how he did it so I exited out back to the console and say that I kept getting client connects left and right with high pings, tho no one ever did connect. Anyways I suspect he was using some sort of script to spam my server from console when not actually connected or something, which is the only thing I could think of. Do any of you master scripters know what or how he was doing it?? I dont really want to know How, as in whats the script more of what it was that was happening to cause the lag to try to prevent it. or even better any ideas on how to prevent it, passwording and kicking didnt seem to solve it either. If its something that shouldnt be posted here Please feel free to PM or email me at dsup1@hotmail.com as he said if he see's the server online he will continue to do it. :confused: Thanks guys

Hi @ all

I'm just searching for a script, that allows me to load presets of forcepowers.

I.E. let me change from light- to dark forces. I know that I have to respawn to make the settings work ... but I dont want to use the menu to make the changes, cause it lasts too long.

Another reason is, that there are too many Mods out there ... and if I change servers ... all my forcesettings are rubbish ...

So if any of you elitescripters can create this ... I would be very pleased.

e-mail: Sheba@Katana-Clan.de

btw ... I wouldn't flame about people using movescripts ... I would just leave the server ...

Originally posted by SMASHED!

Just got me a couple questions:

1) How do you kiss someone (in the game)? It's happened to me a few times...

2) How do you make your lightsaber spin in mid-air in your palm?

3) How do you sit?

4) How do you bind a kick?

Other than the kick those are called emotes & are part of a certain mod & the read me file for it tells you how to do them. They won't work in the default game.

As for the kick, it is done by pressing jump fast twice & there is advantages to doing it manually as you can vary it somewhat depending on the situation. but as a bind I think it would be pretty simple.

bind x "+moveup; wait 10; +moveup"

That's a rough guess & you may need to adjust the wait number a bit. Also, I'm not sure if there needs to be any "-moveup" commands in there or not. If it doesn't work try it this way.

bind x "+moveup; -moveup; wait 10; +moveup; -moveup"

bind SHIFT "vstr nextpose"

bind a "vstr nextroll"

bind SPACE "+moveup"

set nextpose "vstr crouch"

set nextroll "vstr standroll"

set crouch "toggle cl_run;wait 20;+movedown;wait 10;toggle cl_run;set nextpose vstr stand;set nextroll vstr crouchroll"

set crouchroll "-movedown;wait 30;+movedown"

set stand "-movedown;set nextpose vstr crouch;set nextroll vstr standroll"

set standroll "+movedown;wait 5;-movedown"

^^^ thats a script to seperate roll and duck into two buttons. shift toggles between crouch and stand. a rolls from either position if you press forward. the problem is space, i cant for the life of me figure out how to make it stand if crouching, or jump if standing. i tried all the usual stuff, nada. anyone?

I've been trying to create a toggle script for using the current force power repeatedly... as in this script for constant hitting/saberlock breaking:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

|set "repattack" "vstr at1" | |set "at1" "+attack; set "repattack" "vstr at2"" |

|set "at2" "-attack; set "repattack" "vstr at1"" |

|bind r vstr "repattack" |

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I've tried replacing the +/- attack with force_use or whatever the command is... but it only does once and wont let me do anything else til i've untoggled it... HELP ME

well crap, i try to make a nice little box and it screws it all up... this was the code i posted:

set "repattack" "vstr at1"

set "at1" "+attack; set "repattack" "vstr at2""

set "at2" "-attack; set "repattack" "vstr at1""

bind X vstr "repattack"

oooh look at me! i'm ranked bantha fodder! how exciting!

Originally posted by mark_xp

how much hassle? would be a script that let you "jump + roll + attack"

Plz

Mark_xp

It wouldn't be hard to make, but because of the timing issues that always change due to ping, comp speed, connection, etc. you would probably always be adjusting the "wait #" commands to keep it working, possibly every few minutes with fluctuating ping. As you can see that's more hassle than it's worth.

It might be easier to do this manually, as you have more flexibility in the direction & length/height of the jump, the direction of the roll, & even the type of attack.

Post exactly what you are trying to do & we can get a better idea of what you want.

Hi there,

What i'm trying to do is :- you see an opponent facing the other way, now instead of a"Stab in the back" which is easiest, i want the element of suprise.

I want to be able to jump over the victim, roll in mid air and sort of execute the attack when the roll is finished or near finished. that's all - nothing much!

I usually play on ctf_maps on elite-force.gamesunited.com and ping about 65 (ADSL)

Thank's before hand.

Mark

Originally posted by mark_xp

Hi there,

What i'm trying to do is :- you see an opponent facing the other way, now instead of a"Stab in the back" which is easiest, i want the element of suprise.

I want to be able to jump over the victim, roll in mid air and sort of execute the attack when the roll is finished or near finished. that's all - nothing much!

I usually play on ctf_maps on elite-force.gamesunited.com and ping about 65 (ADSL)

Thank's before hand.

Mark

Is the person facing away in front or behind you? It sounds like you don't want to do an actual roll but you want to "flip" over them & attack on the way down. This sounds like one that you would want to do manually as to be more flexible, but it might be bindable. Just for kicks try:

bind x "+forward; +moveup; wait 200; -forward; -moveup; +attack; -attack"

you may need to adjust the number of waits.

ToppDog

Originally posted by ToppDog

Is the person facing away in front or behind you?

The victim will be in front and facing away!

It sounds like you don't want to do an actual roll but you want to "flip" over them & attack on the way down.

Preferably, I would like to have a roll in there aswell (i will be approaching from behind), so the victim would see the colour of my eyes as i strike him/her down.

If this is at all possible it would be very much appreciated.

Mark

Well, there's a few things off with this scenario.

1. You say that your opponent is in front of you facing away from you, & you say that you don't want to do a backstab because that's too easy, but actually it that situation HE would be the one able to do a backstab instead of you because you are behind him instead of him behind you. You would have to quickly turn around to do one.

If you want the element of suprise in this scenario I would stay behind him where you are already & do a lunge or a DFA from behind. By the time you do a jump, & a roll, & then attack, there is no suprise.

Also you cannot roll while in the air with or without a script, so that won't work.

When you jump in any direction & hold down jump a little longer you do a flip which looks like a roll in midair. Is this is what you mean? If so you could try the one above & tweak it, but you'd still be better off trying to do it manually I think.

Archived