Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jump+Roll+Attack...

why don't you just do Space+Crouch+Attack ? because you can't stop that script so I would just see you in the air, move to the side (you'd still be in the move) and uppercut you =/

it's easier to do combos on the keyboard than in scripts because scripts do limit your movement...

I'm having trouble with the kick script.

I've done this:

set "fkick" "+forward; +moveup; wait; -moveup; wait; +moveup; wait; -moveup; -forward" bind "key" "vstr fkick"

I can get it working though the prob is I can't walk forward whenever I press the key I've binded it to.

Eg: When I press the up arrow to walk close enough to an ususpecting victim I can kick em, though I have to press the up arrow twice so I can kick them again...does this make sense? :confused:

Originally posted by SMASHED!

I'm having trouble with the kick script.

I've done this:

set "fkick" "+forward; +moveup; wait; -moveup; wait; +moveup; wait; -moveup; -forward" bind "key" "vstr fkick"

I can get it working though the prob is I can't walk forward whenever I press the key I've binded it to.

Eg: When I press the up arrow to walk close enough to an ususpecting victim I can kick em, though I have to press the up arrow twice so I can kick them again...does this make sense? :confused:

It would work better if you took the forward command out & did that part manually. I would also change it so the script just did one kick only & you just pressed it again if you wanted to kick again.

Ideally you would be doing the kick manually also for variation & more flexibility, but if you're gonna bind it, it is best to have it by itself so you can combine other keypresses with it at the same time. You can use the kick key in combination with the 3 different direction keys & do the 3 different kinds of kicks, instead of the move script that only moves in one direction & would become very predictable.

• 3 weeks later...

JK2files.com just posted it - Get ConfigEd - First JK2 Script Editor

They gave it a exellent reveiw -

I've been awaiting one of these for a LOOOOOONGGGG time. Finally a config editor that looks like notepad but each and everyone Jedi Knight 2 command and all the bindable keys are on a list so you can EASILY make your bindlists, and scripts for use in the game. Excellent, I recommend it for all JK2 Players.

I don't know of any command for this. You would most likely have to alter some files (such as delete the sound file or edit it so it has no sound). You would probably have to do this for every model you use, & other people would still hear it even though you don't would be my guess.

You sure you weren't just asking how to "bind <key> taunt" / "bind <key> +taunt"?

That's how it would be done, normally, but they'll always hear the taunt sound, unless they have modded it to hear something else.

Then again, issue the lightsaber challenge and it should work silently if they accept (IIRC).

I don' t know if this has been answered or not, I just didn't want to rad 6 pages lol.....sorry

But where do you put these .cfg files??? I can't find the folder or location of jk11mpconfig.cfg or is that same as jk2mpconfig.cfg???

If so, there are about 4 folders with that same file name in them...or am I missing something???

Thanks in advance

IIRC, you put them in your "base" folder.

You can load a CFG file by going to the console (shift+tilde) and typing "exec [name of file].cfg" (without quotes).

You can also put a file in there called "autoexec.cfg" and the game will load those settings automatically when you load it up.

So in it (its just a text file after all) you can put other cfg files that it will automatically execute in the order you specify.

Don't mess with the jk2spconfig (or whatever its called) and mpconfig files that are there by default.. because those are just OUTPUT FILES that are automatically updated every time you load up the game.

If the settings are already how you like them, you can copy and paste from those files and put them into your autoexec.cfg file, and that will be it. And save a backup copy of the cfg's elsewhere in case you ever need to reinstall or something.

What I like to do is have three cfg files setup, one for SP, one for MP (lightside) and another for MP (darkside). I should probably whip one up for Holocron DM/Jedi Master because it requires so many buttons, but I don't know if I even have enough fingers for all the hotkeys. ; )

Ok...I got all that...but when I go to execute it in the consol....it says it can't be executed??? Im lost :(

I was using that spin code up above.....Way back above lol

Can you walk me through it??? or too much time??

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Pacsta

Ok...I got all that...but when I go to execute it in the consol....it says it can't be executed??? Im lost :(

I was using that spin code up above.....Way back above lol

Can you walk me through it??? or too much time??

Thanks in advance.

You may be referring to a move script that will no longer work with the new patch. We would have to see exactly what you are trying. If you post it here we can give it a looksee.

I have got this far.....

I open up notepad....I try to paste that 5 spin move...I do that

Then I save it with a cfg extension into base folder

I run game and execute it....(i got that to work)

Then I enter a game and when I go to use it...the button that was binded to it in teh script when I pasted in notepad...don't work

Am I missing something to get the button working???

Am I not finishing the code??

Thanks in advance!

sounds like you are placing the file correctly. It is most likely because the particular move you are trying to script will no longer work with the new patch. Try changing the actual script to something else just to test it, such as: bind x +taunt

If that works, then you are placing the files correctly but it's the move script itself that doesn't work. A lot of move scripts will not work. You could also post the script itself & people will tell you if it will work or not or how to adjust it.

Well thanks....

ok...lets say I wanna use this one...

set spinmove "vstr spin"

set spin "seta cl_yawspeed "3000"; +left; set spinmove vstr normal"

set normal "seta cl_yawspeed "140"; -left; set spinmove vstr spin"

bind X "vstr spinmove"

What is wrong...what more has to be added....

I got this from way back in beggining of post by JaraDaj

Thanks in advance.

Hi, all this scripting is cool, and I'm trying to decipher it. When you type "mod" into the console, it comes up with all these ones like mod_boxing and mod_funWallWalk. What are these, and what do they do?

Also, I have another question.

I want to be able to change my model and saber color

When I hit:

"1" - I want my skin to change to Darth Maul (darthmaul/default) and my saber color to be red.

"2" - Skin to Gran (gran/default) and my saber color to orange

"3" - Skin to Yellow battle droid and saber to yellow.

"4" - Skin to yoda, saber to green

"5" - Skin to reborn blue, saber blue

"6" - skin to desann, saber to purple.

Could someone write this out in script form for me?

Thx

Archived