Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

Some scripts are written to do things that a non-scripter can't do. That's cheating, and I don't see how people can say that it's not!!! In nintendo contra, a-b-a-b-left-right-left-right-down-donw-up-up, or whatever, you got thirty men. That's cheating. Same principal here.

Well what is everyones feelings on game controls that ledt you combine macros? These commands are nothing more than a different type of script file. So if anyoe out there thinks that this is cheating let us know. And I do agree that some types of scripts are cheats no matter what way you cut it. As soon as an actual game engine variable, like yawspeed or filed of view, has been changed then it is a cheat. I write scripts all of the time and i try to limit them to system tweaking only, like the above net script. A volume script is ok as well as skin changes and even scripts that combine moves that you can do within the game anyway. How the heck do people think the game knows to generate a backstab or a death from above kill anyway? Its done in a very similar fashion to what has been stated here. So those types of scrips are ok. Continuous fire and locking forwrd walk is alright in my book as well. Its simple, some are cheats some are not. We all know the difference between scripts that are and are not cheats. But the sonner the cheat scripts are posted the sooner we all can be aware of them and try to avoid them. When people started to walk backwards I simply let them get a little close to me and as the animation started for a backstab I kicked them. Plain, simple and effective. Their is a counter for any script if you take the time to learn it. But for now being informed is the best weapon against system variable movement and attack scripts.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested in using scripting for modding for example. I'd like to make it so when you jump, you only do the "soaring" jumps so it looks like your using a jet pack.

Anyways, can you bind a command to a key combination like Space & Up ?

I really hope so or else my idea won't work ;P

Thanx! =)

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by its420onthedot

I wonder if Raven designed the game for players to use one button to do the DFA? Funny. I didn't see that in the manual.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's so you can do it without taking your fingers off the movement/attack keys if you don't want to (which is how I prefer to play), or so that you don't do it by accident when you actually want to do those three separate moves in another stance. If they wanted moves to be unbindable they would have designed the game that way.

quote:

Originally posted by Sith Maximus

Well what is everyones feelings on game controls that ledt you combine macros? These commands are nothing more than a different type of script file. So if anyoe out there thinks that this is cheating let us know. And I do agree that some types of scripts are cheats no matter what way you cut it. As soon as an actual game engine variable, like yawspeed or filed of view, has been changed then it is a cheat. I write scripts all of the time and i try to limit them to system tweaking only, like the above net script. A volume script is ok as well as skin changes and even scripts that combine moves that you can do within the game anyway. How the heck do people think the game knows to generate a backstab or a death from above kill anyway? Its done in a very similar fashion to what has been stated here. So those types of scrips are ok. Continuous fire and locking forwrd walk is alright in my book as well. Its simple, some are cheats some are not. We all know the difference between scripts that are and are not cheats. But the sonner the cheat scripts are posted the sooner we all can be aware of them and try to avoid them. When people started to walk backwards I simply let them get a little close to me and as the animation started for a backstab I kicked them. Plain, simple and effective. Their is a counter for any script if you take the time to learn it. But for now being informed is the best weapon against system variable movement and attack scripts.

My feelings exactly! I started learning how to script to use a throttle & joystick setup because I hate using a keyboard while playing games. I don't consider it cheating to bind keyboard commands or basic combos to throttle & stick buttons. It's laziness & cost saving that keeps game developers from including controller support in games, not because they consider using them cheating.

Scripts are not some deep mysterious form of coding. They are exactly the same thing as keybinds. The only difference is how they are written. There is absolutely nothing you can do from writing a script that you can't do with a keybind. It just sounds more like hacking to use the term "script writing".

Like you said, we all know when someone is using a script that performs a move that someone couldn't possibly do without a script.

I use a run/walk toggle bind, multiple catchy phrase binds, turn left/right @ 9000 yawspeed binds (for goofing around, breakdancing, etc. which have no effect while fighting because I use mouselook), a script that gives you all five stances on servers that allow it, special move binds for the buttons on my throttle (straight from the manual) for when I was using my joystick for movement instead of the movement keys (which I gave up trying to use because controller support sucks for this game), & lastly I have attack also bound to MWHEELUP for saberlocks.

In my opinion the reason we increasingly have keypress combos to perform moves in PC games is because this is how console games (Playstation2, Nintendo Gamecube, X-Box, etc.) are designed, & it is easier for the programmers to convert the games to those platforms. It saves them time & money. But pressing four stupid buttons multiple times in a specific order to perform a particular move is a pain in the ass & is why I will never buy one. I like PC games, & as long as I can configure the game to my liking for the keyboard or HOTAS setup, I'm going to do it. If this makes me a cheater in some peoples minds, then so be it.

Originally posted by Dak_iSuk

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start. Thats it isnt it? Tha konami code?

lol. Classic stuff.. Remember the crazy code that let you go into the debug mode for Sonic the Hedgehog (up, c, down, c, left, c, right c, hold a + start)? Another classic.

Originally posted by its420onthedot

Any of you scripting guys ever use Nostrama Speed Pads?

Just curious...

I just go one a little while ago. Its the N50 speedpad. I like it very much and it does allow for some very nice command macros for Jedi Knight. The only thing it truly does well is allow me to play for longer periods of time without hand cramps. I have very large hands and could never use the w/a/s/d method because after ten minutes Imy hand turned into a claw and cramped up. I was shifted to the arrow keys but that is not a great way to play because of the limited controls around you. That forced me to scripts to give me the abiltiy to toggle multiple commands in a very small area. The speedpad gives me great control without using script files for anything other than chats and net settings. I think its a great product!

Can anyone tell me what i did wrong w/ this?

bind k "+forward;wait 15;+moveup;wait 15;-forward;wait 5;-moveup"

i just type that in the console so that i can do a soaring forward jump when i press k, but when i land, i can't jump until i bring up the console and type -moveup.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanx! =)

edit---

Alright i figured out a better way.

I just did:

bind r "+moveup;-forward;-moveleft;-moveright;"

and now i soar in every direction i jump (besides back as it's 'soar' is a backflip)

My only problem is that if i hold forward and hit r, when i land, if i'm still holding forward, i can't move forward until i release forward. I'm afraid that the soars might be programmed to not let you move until you release the direction as you normaly have to release the direction after hitting the jump to get the soar animation.

Does anyone know how (if it's at all possible) to get around this prob?

Thanx! =)

Cycled backswing

I made this in the 1.02 days, when yellow wasn't USELESS (yet) :rolleyes:. It allows you to execute the red backswing while in yellow stance, and brings you back to yellow once it finishes.

bind MOUSE3 "saberattackcycle 3;wait;wait;wait;wait;+back;+attack;wait;wait;-back;-attack;saberattackcycle 1"

Looks simple, but it took me one hell of a lot of trial and error. :p

I need to know how to do strong stance dfa by scroll-up on my web wheel (the middle scrolly thing on mouses).

edit: and what are the commands for scrolling up and down if I wanted to bind them to something ? like there is mouse 1, mouse 2, mouse 3 but I don't know the commands for the scroller).

-thanks in advance

the commands are MWHEELUP & MWHEELDOWN but I'm not sure you can bind DFA to them. I tried to bind other things to them that had more than one keypress in the bind & it seemed to only recognize the first keypress. Try it though, I may just have a sucky mouse.

binds a rapid attack to the x button. you can hold it down if you want to really win fast or tap it if u want to force a saberlock draw.

set saberattack0 "wait;+attack;wait;-attack;wait; set slock vstr saberattack1"

set saberattack1 "wait;+attack;wait;-attack;wait; set slock vstr saberattack0"

vstr saberattack0

set slock vstr saberattack0

bind x "vstr slock"

Originally posted by remark 666

****, stupid scroll mouse, it plays only the first attack that's scripted like +attack;wait;+jump and it'll only play +attack, so much for easy keys

I thought that might be a problem. The bind will still work, just not with the mousescroll up/down button.

If you want to conserve buttons you may want to try this trick; The same keypresses for the Yellow DFA works as the second part for the Red DFA. Just type the following in console:

bind x "+forward; +moveup; +attack"

Now you can use the same key for both Yellow & Red DFA's:

When in Yellow with opponent close & in your sights, simply press your new DFAbind button.

When in Red press your attack key manually, wait for the swing to be just slightly more than halfway done, & then press your new DFAbind button. This gives you much more flexibility so you can change your mind, adjust your aim, etc.

Greetings,

Is tehre any way to insert the targeted player into a script. I admin a server occasionaly and would like to be able to bind a key to slap people (adminmod) while I am looking at them,

so bind x rcon mslap <Targeted Player Goes Here> Any idea on how?

Well, I know a little bit about scripting (key word, little), and I've made a couple scripts that I havent seen put up yet, so I guess I will before someone beats me to it :D

Accessing Desann and Tavion's one handed stances:

set fstn "set forcepowers 7-2-033330002000031432;echo ^44 ^3Stances;bind ins vstr rstn;forcechanged"

set fstn "set forcepowers 7-2-033330002000031532;echo ^45 ^3Stances;bind ins vstr rstn;forcechanged"

set rstn "set forcepowers 7-2-033330002000031332;echo ^4Normal ^3Stances;bind ins vstr fstn;forcechanged"

bind ins vstr fstn

Pressing insert will toggle between having 4, 5, or the regular 3 stances..... note, this will change your force configuration to my Dark side force configuration....... u can change this to be yours with a little browsing of the JK2mpconfig.cfg for your force settings. Also, since this works by changing your force config, u have to respawn before it's changes will take effect

Twirling saber taunt:

set sabtaunt "weapnext;wait;wait;weapprev"

bind p vstr sabtaunt

Use this on a server with weapons enabled. Switch to your lightsaber, then use this.

Breakdance:

set brkdnc "cl_yawspeed 2500;+back;wait;wait;+movedown;+right;bind u vstr resetsen"

set resetsen "cl_yawspeed 140;-right;-back;-movedown;bind u vstr brkdnc;exec xtrastancesd.cfg"

bind u vstr brkdnc

set emergency "-back;-movedown"

bind j vstr emergency

press u to initiate, then press u again to terminate..... if after termination, u r stuck crouching, walking backwards, press j to reset

Matrix slomo effect (requires cheats enabled):

set matrix "timescale 0.9;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.8;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.7;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.6;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.5;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.4;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.3;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;bind h vstr matrixr"

set matrixr "timescale 0.4;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.5;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.6;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.7;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.8;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 0.9;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;timescale 1.0; bind h vstr matrix"

bind h vstr matrix

Ok, you could just have it very simply as:

set matrix "timescale 0.3;bind h vstr matrixr"

set matrixr "timescale 1;bind h vstr matrix"

bind h vstr matrix

but with my previous one, it has a very nice "slomo transition" effect, that is very much like the matrix (the latter one instantly switches to slomo, and back). However, due to so many wait commands, u cannot attack during the transition :(.

Finally, since I no longer play 1.03, i dont mind passing out my most precious 1.03 creation (mind u, I never used it online, I just made it for the sake of making it) for those that do still play..... this is an instant spinning backstab. It switches from blue stance to red (since I'm always in blue.... then it switches right back to blue when it's finished), automatically does a 180 spin for you, does the backstab, then continues to spin during the BS..... the ultimate script! only thing is, is that u need to be right next to your opponent, or it wont work(they have to be right in front of you, no space between). Without further ado, I present you with my creation:

set bkstb "cl_yawspeed 4000;+right;saberAttackCycle;wait;wait;saberAttackCycle;wait;wait;-right;wait;+back;+attack;wait;wait; -back;-attack;cl_yawspeed 2000;+right;bind n vstr resetsen"

set resetsen "saberAttackCycle;cl_yawspeed 140;-right;bind n vstr bkstb"

bind n vstr bkstb

Press n to initiate, then press to stop spinning

Also, heres my moonsault script. The only thing thats different from mine, and the others, is that mine you do from blue stance (it automatically switches to yellow for the special, then switches right back to blue when done):

set moonsault "saberAttackCycle;wait;wait;+forward;+moveup;+attack;wait;wait;-forward;-moveup;-attack;saberAttackCycle;wait;wait;saberAttackCycle"

bind b vstr moonsault

Whew, there we go, hope u all enjoy!

Hey, I just wanted to post a little script I found to work for BOTH The Medium Overhead Slash special and the Famous DFA attack.

When in the Medium Stance, it will be a one button move. But when in the Heavy Stance, you will have to begin the move manually, you'll see what I mean.

set "dfa" "+forward; +moveup; +attack; wait; wait; -forward; -moveup; -attack"

bind x "vstr dfa"

The script looks simple but it helps a bit. When you are in front of your opponent with the Medium Stance, you can just tap the binded key to execute the Overhead Slash. (If you notice your opponent directly underneathe you, or at least close, use the Spin Script to spin your attack around and kill your opponent in 1 move--I like to call this the "Overhead Spin Slash".) Of course the slash can be avoided, and if you were unlucky enough to have used the spin attack, chances are you are going to have your back turned to your opponent, and unless you have your backstab ready, you are likely going to be in for a heck of a beating.

As for the DFA attack, all you do is Tap attack in the Heavy stance and you will begin the slash above your head. This takes a bit of timing although, when you see the saber just above your head tap the binded key and you will execute the DFA attack. Of course, practice makes perfect and you shouldn't expect to ALWAYS land this attack. Unlike the other DFA scripts, this one does not have you wait for it to finish if it backfires. Another good feature of this is the oppurtunity to Fake your DFA attack, psyching out your opponent with a few fakes, then Jump in when they least expect it. ;)

Oh yeah, one last thing. From a bit of playing with the wonderful scripts I found on this post, I found that you can chain two scripts together, the Backstab attack, and the Lunge attack. Note that I said the scripts, and not the moves. This is because I am not referring to the Backstab move, but what that move gives you. In the Light stance (blue) you can use the backstab script (the earlier one, not the automatic turning one) To preform a fade-away uppercut. After your uppercut, you can tap the key your Lunge script is binded to for a quick Lunge combo. This is great when your against a head-on offensive foe. Your uppercut will either block their attack or knock their attack off course, then the Lunge attack following the uppercut will Captialize on their mistake... :D Also, you can tap the backstab script multiple times to have a easy fade-away uppercut frenzy. This little trick of mine happens to be most effective against Comps (because they are stupid and run at you face first.)

Have fun with my scripts and strategies. If you come around using them.

Someone saw me use my "Spinning Overhead Slash Attack" and ask me "How do you do that psycho spin attack thing?" *ROFL

seta name "^1|:|^5R^7e^5M^7a^5R^7k^1|:|" <- that's the code I see, what I wanted to ask you guys is how to bind a name to a key, so if I press a button my name will change to whatever I type in, than with a key, it'll come back, thanks in advance.

ohh and to add more ram to the game is seta com_hunkMegs "100" (or in the console type /com_hunkmegs #

#= how much you want to add (I'd recomend 2/3 or half of your total ram, as seen, I put less than half but better than default) /com_hunkmegs without the # will tell you the default number (64 I think).

also, is it possible to bind ` for console as a key only ? I'm really tired of doing it shift + `

^_^

Originally posted by shareef187

Breakdance:

set brkdnc "cl_yawspeed 2500;+back;wait;wait;+movedown;+right;bind u vstr resetsen"

set resetsen "cl_yawspeed 140;-right;-back;-movedown;bind u vstr brkdnc;exec xtrastancesd.cfg"

bind u vstr brkdnc

set emergency "-back;-movedown"

bind j vstr emergency

press u to initiate, then press u again to terminate..... if after termination, u r stuck crouching, walking backwards, press j to reset

I haven't tested this script out but I can see it probably won't work since I see exec xtrastancesd.cfg in it and you also forgot to put " " around vstr brkdnc and vstr emergency

I already have all of these scripts. I am unbeatable with them. Cheating or not I will kill you with these scripts and that's all that matters. I love my script that rolls forward pull them down turn around and back attack. That script works everytime.

Been away for a while. Nice to see less flames in this forum.

Very VERY useful...

the seta com_hunkMegs command. I will be trying that one :).

my site will be up and running properly soon so i hope you all come and take a gander.

i will put up any scripts you email me onto the site Just really making a reference library of scripts and binds for JK2 game.

Have Fun...

PS,

You are right about the no "" around the vstr commands but as far as i know you can actually use the 'exec *.cfg' command within a script.

Archived