Home

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

JaraDaj

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LucasArts could of used another engine, why because of Q3 ? you think if it used unreal engine there wouldn't be scripts ?

and the console is still not working, do I have to unbind shift and ` and then bind it again ? or is it something in jk2mpconfig file ? that I have to change

Originally posted by remark 666

LucasArts could of used another engine, why because of Q3 ? you think if it used unreal engine there wouldn't be scripts ?

and the console is still not working, do I have to unbind shift and ` and then bind it again ? or is it something in jk2mpconfig file ? that I have to change

I don't think that stuff he told you below will work:

bind ~ "toggleconsole"

bind ` "toggleconsole"

This is the same way it is already. You have to press shift + ` to get the ~ symbol, so this is the same as the default for console.

I don't think it will allow you to turn it on & off with the same key. It doesn't seem to be a true toggle. It's more like there are separate key presses bound for on & off. You probably can use two different keys for these commands such as:

bind x toggleconsole

bind y toggleconsole

You still have to use 2 different keys this way, but at least you don't have to hold shift down plus another key, just one for on & another for off.

I will try this out & let you know how it works.

OK, it worked, sort of.

You still have to have two different binds, one for ON & one for OFF. But you can do it so you don't have to hold down shift plus a key. Also, you can't use a key that is used for typing text to turn it off such as x or y. These will only type text in console instead of turning it off.

I did it by typing:

bind TAB toggleconsole

(to turn it on)

the other one was the same:

bind ` toggleconsole

(to turn it off)

Not sure if this helps, but it's the best I could figure out.

another question -_-"

how can I bind more then 2 names (4 actually), it's

//Name

set name-1 "set name (your name here); set my-name vstr name-2"

set name-2 "set name (your name here); set my-name vstr name-1"

set my-name "vstr name-1"

bind (your key here) "vstr my-name"

how would it look with 4 names ?

-thanks in advance

EDIT: haha, never mind, I actually figured it out :) I'm getting a hang of this now....good!

HI, I don't know too much about scripts for Jedi Outcast, but I was wondering if this is possible:

Could you make it so that you can press a key and it says

"I killed you *****" where the ***** is the naem of the person you just killed?

I think there is some mod that can count how many times you killed someone, but thats not really what I'm looking for here.

The ideal thing I wanna do is to make it so that the ***** variable is the last person who HIT you, not killed you.

Thus, if in a server where its considered lame to attack ppl watching duels or whatever, you could make it say:

"***** don't attack me please!"

when you have been hit.

I doubt this is at all possible, but it would be really good if it was.

thanks.

Also anyone know a script I can use that will instantly switch my model, name and saber colour between two presets? Both me and my fiancee take it in 30min turns to play Jedi Outcast, and it would be nice to just have to press a button to switch between each other.

I tihnk I can work that one out myself and it it to a few say binds as well so it automatically tells people that were swaping players, but just in case I get lost, it would be nice.

But it is my first queswtion that "concerns" me most.

Thanks guys.

I don't know about making it all in one key but you can have 6 binded, make an autoexec.cfg and in there have this

//Me

bind F1 name "namehere"

bind F2 "model modelnamehere"

bind F3 "set color1 #" (#= number of the color)

//Her

bind F5 name "namehere"

bind F6 "model modelnamehere"

bind F7 "set color1 #" (#= number of the color)

and to have your own taunt have it like

----------------------------------------------------------------

//Me

bind F1 name "namehere"

bind F2 "model modelnamehere"

bind F3 "set color1 #" (#= number of the color)

bind F4 "say taunthere"

//Her

bind F5 name "namehere"

bind F6 "model modelnamehere"

bind F7 "set color1 #" (#= number of the color)

bind F8 "say taunthere"

-if you tell me what models, what saber colors and what taunts I can set it all up and send it to you ready

hope that helps any :)

Originally posted by SnailFace

thanks for that.

its from these settings:

Reborn with name of ^3Sampson and red saber

Jan (the team colour red one) with name of ^6Baby La and an orange saber

Thanks for your help! :)

Try this one:

unbind (key selected for player select)

unbind (key selected for verbal taunt"

unbind (key selected for game taunt; example unbind F1"

//Player select

set p-1 "set model reborn/default; color1 0; set name ^3Sampson; vstr t-1; set player vstr p-2"

set p-2 "set model jan/red; color1 1; set name ^6Baby La; vstr t-2; set player vstr p-1"

set player "vstr p-1"

bind (your key here) "vstr player"

//Sampson taunt

set t-1 "bind (your key here) say (put taunt here after say)"

//Baby La taunt

set t-2 "bind (same key as t-1) say (put taunt here after say)"

//Game taunt

bind (your key here) "+taunt"

Now on key will do the change and the other will taunt. You do not need to die for thisto take effect. It will do it on the fly, even in the middle of a game. The game taunt id the one that comes with the game just select a key for it and then you can taunt like the rest of them. If you need different force powers for each of you post back and I, or someone,will put that into this script as well. Sorry if you think I am stealing your thunder remark666 but I had this in another game and just needed a quick minute to modify it.

To use this place it into you jk2mp.cfg.cfg file or the better way would be to have it load with an autoexec file. To make an autoexec file copy your jk2mpcfg.cfg file. Paste it back into the base directory of the game (lucasarts/jk2/game data/base) where you got it. now change the name from "copy of jk2mpcfg" to "autoexec".

Now delete everything in that file and copy and paste in the above text and type in the keys you have selected to be bound. Now save and when you restart it will load all by itself each and every time the game starts.

You will also need to make sure that you unbind the keys that you want to use as seen in the first part of the script. This will make sure that these sciripts always work. Then any keys you may have had assigned to these keys need to be remapped through the main menu. Good luck!

Cool, thanks, your all being really nice, I'll try it out as soon as I get home.

Anyone got any ideas on this potentially far more complex script that I mentioed earlyer?:

HI, I don't know too much about scripts for Jedi Outcast, but I was wondering if this is possible:

Could you make it so that you can press a key and it says

"I killed you *****" where the ***** is the naem of the person you just killed?

I think there is some mod that can count how many times you killed someone, but thats not really what I'm looking for here.

The ideal thing I wanna do is to make it so that the ***** variable is the last person who HIT you, not killed you.

Thus, if in a server where its considered lame to attack ppl watching duels or whatever, you could make it say:

"***** don't attack me please!"

when you have been hit.

I doubt this is at all possible, but it would be really good if it was.

thanks.

Ta ma lovers.

Also, check this out:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72609

naming script with 4 names:

set "name" "vstr name1"

set "name1" "name blah; set "name" "vstr name2""

set "name2" "name blahblah; set "name" "vstr name3""

set "name3" "name dammit; set "name" "vstr name4""

set "name4" "name goddammit; set "name" "vstr name1""

bind x "vstr name"

Check out my new site at Jedi Scripts

the new page look is on a link at the bottom of the page. this will be changes soon as soon as ive done the flash anim intro.

and help out collect the library ofm scripts and binds by sending me a mail at havenocommonsense@hotmail.com

Cool, thanks, your all being really nice, I'll try it out as soon as I get home.

Anyone got any ideas on this potentially far more complex script that I mentioed earlyer?:

Ta ma lovers.

Also, check this out:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72609

This would involve far more than what you could do with a simplescript. For this to work I think you will need to use killtracker or make a program similar to it that has acess to the data as it "scrolls" through the machine. Killtracker just takes the data from part-1 (their name) and puts it into part-2 (your killtracker text).

A simple way around it would be to just bind a key that says something like:

bind (your key here) "say YOUR DEATH PROVIDED BY ....."

And the hit that key after the die.....but odds are the will not even see that text. I know the only time I notice the message text is if I am not fighting.

sorry if I'm stealing your thunder this time ;)

http://www.dbzarchive.dragonballzgt.net/~remark/jk2ISO/autoexec.cfg <-- just place that file in your Base folder, "autoexec" will load it up automatically so you have nothing to worry about, just try pressing keys F1-F5 and Z and G

and for less confusion in the console type unbind F1 (not /unbind F1) and do the same fore F2 and F3 and F4 and F5, after that go in the autoexec you downloaded and remove these lines from it

unbind F1

unbind F2

unbind F3

unbind F4

unbind F5

close and save

-hope that helps :)

(you might want to look through this thread and add more scripts into it, whatever you like :)

P.S I've actually played Baby La one or 2 times on some server, I think it was few days ago ^_^

Originally posted by malinkie

naming script with 4 names:

set "name" "vstr name1"

set "name1" "name blah; set "name" "vstr name2""

set "name2" "name blahblah; set "name" "vstr name3""

set "name3" "name dammit; set "name" "vstr name4""

set "name4" "name goddammit; set "name" "vstr name1""

bind x "vstr name"

A better (looking) way to do it is:

set name1 "name blah; bind X vstr name2"

set name2 "name blahblah; bind X vstr name3""

set name3 "name dammit; bind X vstr name4"

set name4 "name goddammit; bind X vstr name1"

bind X vstr "name1"

Would it be possible to bind 3 or 4 diifernt messages to 1 key so that at the end of a duel you could say "Nice moves" but the next time you hit the key it would say somthing different?

Hope this can be done coz its a pain havin so may keys with different message binds on them.

Hi guys, this is the cript we are using at the end of it. Its basically Sith Maximus' script slightly modified:

//Player select

set p-1 "say "^5My Master ^3Sampson ^5is taking over now. ^6See you guys later!"; wait 1500; set model reborn/default; color1 0; set name ^3Sampson; vstr t-1; wait 250; say "^2Yo ^5Yo ^1Yo!"; set player vstr p-2"

set p-2 "say "^2I going now and ^6Baby La^2 Is taking over, ^3cya guys!!!"; wait 1500; set model jan/red; color1 1; set name ^6Baby La; vstr t-2; wait 250; say "^3Hi guys!"; set player vstr p-1"

set player "vstr p-1"

bind F8 "vstr player"

Thanks for all your help! I've already been told that its a really nice script! :)

Hi guys, this is the cript we are using at the end of it. Its basically Sith Maximus' script slightly modified:

//Player select

set p-1 "say "^5My Master ^3Sampson ^5is taking over now. ^6See you guys later!"; wait 1500; set model reborn/default; color1 0; set name ^3Sampson; vstr t-1; wait 250; say "^2Yo ^5Yo ^1Yo!"; set player vstr p-2"

set p-2 "say "^2I going now and ^6Baby La^2 Is taking over, ^3cya guys!!!"; wait 1500; set model jan/red; color1 1; set name ^6Baby La; vstr t-2; wait 250; say "^3Hi guys!"; set player vstr p-1"

set player "vstr p-1"

bind F8 "vstr player"

Thanks for all your help! I've already been told that its a really nice script! :)

Nice touch!

Originally posted by [sASH] DeVo

Would it be possible to bind 3 or 4 diifernt messages to 1 key.....

Yes it is you can bind up to about 50 messages to key before it runs into a text overflow. This one is for ten messages.

It works by rebinding the key so you must put the same key in everywhere it says (your key here). Place it into an autoexec. Just look above on how to make one.

//Text messages

set text-1 "say (you text message here); bind (your key here) vstr text-2"

set text-2 "say (you text message here); bind (your key here) vstr text-3"

set text-3 "say (you text message here); bind (your key here) vstr text-4"

set text-4 "say (you text message here); bind (your key here) vstr text-5"

set text-5 "say (you text message here); bind (your key here) vstr text-7"

set text-6 "say (you text message here); bind (your key here) vstr text-8"

set text-7 "say (you text message here); bind (your key here) vstr text-8"

set text-8 "say (you text message here); bind (your key here) vstr text-9"

set text-9 "say (you text message here); bind (your key here) vstr text-10"

set text-10 "say (you text message here); bind (your key here) vstr text-1"

bind (your key here) "vstr text-1"

The default color of the text is green. If you want a different color use the following:

^0 = Black

^1 = Red

^2 = Green

^3 = Yellow

^4 = Blue

^5 = Cyan

^6 = Magenta

^7 = White

As an example just place the (^2) in front of any text to change that color to red.

So to change the word "HELLO" to red you would do "^1HELLO"

The ^ symbol is the shifted key for number six. This will do the trick for you!

Originally posted by remark 666

sorry if I'm stealing your thunder this time ;)

Nice job! I prefer to gang up my commands to keys so that I can have lots of options but only a few keys. I posted it a little ways back in this section.

I also have a great script for playing team games. This rebinds your keypad into a series of text messages for team information.

//Text orders for team games

//You can change the keys that this script is bound to but make sure that you change ALL

//of the bound keys or it will not work correctly. To change the startup key binds you must

//change the binds in "LINE-3". Then change the echo text in "LINE-2" to conform with the

//changes to the start keys. Then change the keys bound to "LINE-5" thru "LINE-8"

//to the ones you now want them bound to. Now change the echo text in "LINE-4"

//to indicate the changes you just made to "LINE-5" thru "LINE-8"

//Thats it! Now you should be all set with your new key binds.

//Text Colors

// ^0 = Black

// ^1 = Red

// ^2 = Green

// ^3 = Yellow

// ^4 = Blue

// ^5 = Cyan

// ^6 = Magenta

// ^7 = White

//LINE-1//Press KP7 to start script

set start-reset "vstr start-text; vstr start-keys"

bind KP_HOME "vstr start-reset"

//LINE-2//Start script text

set start-text "echo [^1PRESS ^6KP8 ^1TO ^1CANCEL : ^1PRESS ^6KP9 ^1FOR ^6DEFENCE; echo ^1PRESS ^KPKP4 ^1FOR ^6OFFENCE : ^1PRESS ^6KP5 ^1FOR ^6INCOMING; echo ^1PRESS ^6KP6 ^1FOR ^6NEEDS^7]"

//LINE-3//Start keys

set start-keys "bind KP_UPARROW vstr cancel; bind KP_PGUP vstr talk-a0; bind KP_LEFTARROW vstr talk-b0; bind KP_5 vstr talk-c0; bind KP_RIGHTARROW vstr talk-d0"

//Cancel

set cancel "echo [^6ORDERS ^6TEXT ^6RESET^7]; vstr start-text; vstr start-keys"

//Repeat orders text

set repeat-1 "vstr orders-text-1"

set repeat-2 "vstr orders-text-2"

set repeat-3 "vstr orders-text-3"

set repeat-4 "vstr orders-text-4"

//LINE-4//Echo orders text

set orders-text-1 "echo [^6KP8^3=^1CANCEL ^6KP9^3=^1ON ^1DEFENSE ^6KP4^3=^1GUARDING ^1OBJECTIVE; echo ^6KP5^3=^1QBJECTIVE ^1SAFE ^6^6KP6^3=^1PURSUING ^1ENEMY; echo ^6KP1^3=^1RETURNING OBJECTIVE^7]"

set orders-text-2 "echo [^6KP8^3=^1CANCEL ^6KP9^3=^1OBJECTIVE ^6KP4^3=^1ATTACKING; echo ^6KP5^3=^1THROUGH ^1DEFENCES ^KP6^3V=^1OBJ ^1IN ^1SIGHT; echo ^6KP1^3=OBJECTIVE ^1RETRIEVED^7]"

set orders-text-3 "echo [^6KP8^3=^1CANCEL ^6KP9^3=^1LEFT ^6KP4^3=^1RIGHT; echo ^6KP5^3=^1ABOVE ^6KP6^3=^1BELOW ^6KP1^3=^1FLANK^7]"

set orders-text-4 "echo [^6KP8^3=^1CANCEL ^6KP9^3=^1HELP ^6KP4^3=^1AMMO ^6KP5^3=^1COVER; echo ^6KP6^3=^1ENEMY ^1HAS ^1OBJECTIVE; echo ^6KP1^3=^1OBJECTIVE ^1UNDER ^1ATTACK^7]"

//LINE-5//Defence

set talk-a0 "bind KP_UPARROW vstr cancel; bind KP_PGUP vstr repeat-1; bind KP_LEFTARROW vstr talk-a-a; bind KP_5 vstr talk-a-b; bind KP_RIGHTARROW vstr talk-a-c; bind KP_END vstr talk-a-d; bind KP_DOWNARROW vstr talk-a-e; vstr orders-text-1"

set talk-a-a "say_team ^6<<--^1ON ^1DEFENCE!"

set talk-a-b "say_team ^6<<--^1GUARDING ^1FLAG!"

set talk-a-c "say_team ^6<<--^1OBJECTIVE ^1SAFE!"

set talk-a-d "say_team ^6<<--^1PURSUING ^1ENEMY ^1FLAG ^1CARRIER!"

set talk-a-e "say_team ^6<<--^1RETURNING ^1TO ^1GUARD ^1FLAG!"

//LINE-6//Offence

set talk-b0 "bind KP_UPARROW vstr cancel; bind KP_PGUP vstr repeat-2; bind KP_LEFTARROW vstr talk-b-a; bind KP_5 vstr talk-b-b; bind KP_RIGHTARROW vstr talk-b-c; bind KP_END vstr talk-b-d; bind bind KP_DOWNARROW vstr talk-b-e; vstr orders-text-2"

set talk-b-a "say_team ^6<<--^1GOING ^1FOR ^1FLAG!"

set talk-b-b "say_team ^6<<--^1ATTACKING ^1ENEMY!"

set talk-b-c "say_team ^6<<--^1THROUGH ^1ENEMY ^1DEFENCES!"

set talk-b-d "say_team ^6<<--^1FLAG ^1IN ^1SIGHT!"

set talk-b-e "say_team ^6<<--^1FLAG ^1STOLEN!"

//LINE-7//Incomingvstr cancel; bind KP_PGUPvstr repeat-3; bind KP_LEFTARROW vstr talk-c-a; bind KP_5 vstr talk-c-b; bind KP_RIGHTARROW vstr talk-c-c; bind KP_END vstr talk-c-d; bind bind KP_DOWNARROW vstr talk-c-e; vstr orders-text-3"

set talk-c-a "say_team ^6<<--^1INCOMING ^1ENEMY ^1LEFT!"

set talk-c-b "say_team ^6<<--^1INCOMING ^1ENEMY ^1RIGHT"

set talk-c-c "say_team ^6<<--^1INCOMING ^1ENEMY ^1ABOVE"

set talk-c-d "say_team ^6<<--^1INCOMING ^1ENEMY ^1BELOW!"

set talk-c-e "say_team ^6<<--^1INCOMING ^1ENEMY ^1AT ^1FLANK!"

//LINE-8//Need

set talk-d0 "bind KP_UPARROW VSTR CANCEL; BIND KP_PGUP vstr repeat-4; bind KP_LEFTARROW vstr talk-d-a; bind KP_5 vstr talk-d-b; bind KP_RIGHTARROW vstr talk-d-c; bind KP_END vstr talk-d-d; bind bind KP_DOWNARROW vstr talk-d-e; vstr orders-text-4"

set talk-d-a "say_team ^6<<--^UNDER ^1ATTACK ^1NEED ^1HELP!"

set talk-d-b "say_team ^6<<--^1NEED ^AMMUNITION!"

set talk-d-c "say_team ^6<<--^1HAVE ^1FLAG...^1COVER ^1ME ^6NOW!"

set talk-d-d "say_team ^6<<--^1ENEMY ^1HAS ^1FLAG...^1NEED ^1ASSISTANCE!"

set talk-d-e "say_team ^6<<--^1DEFEND ^1THE ^1FLAG!"

// EOF

This works great for JK2 and if you change the word flag to objective you can use it in RTCW as well!

Glad it is of use to someone! I think a lot of people would like to use a script like this but just do not have the time or knowledge to write it. This took me a little while to get it down to a mangaeable form but it works great! Make sure to pass it out to all of the people you play with so that you are all on the same page.:D

this may sound really ghey but i make a script and i have no clue how to save it as an extention or whatever, it's just a text document and i dont know how to make it a cfg file to run properly. I don't even know if i understand it at all...

Archived